Toonami Jetstream shuts down

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Toonami Jetstream shuts down

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:27 am

Now we can really mourn toonami's passing, because both the CN block and the website are going down.:(
Here's an article to explain:
click here
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lady Kenshin » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:39 am

*Sigh* That sucks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby ashfire » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:08 pm

I looked at who owns Turner Network and its Time Warner Corp. and they own a few other networks. So I figure they are changing everything.
ashfire

Postby Nate » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:37 pm

The shows are going to be streamed on other sites...it's not like the shows will go away for good. They're just moving to other websites. I fail to see how this is terrible in any way. The worst that'll happen is you'll have to wait a month or so for Viz to put up their video streams.

Oh no, a minor inconvenience! Let's all stone Cartoon Network!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:49 pm

Because there aren't a million other places to watch TV online?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:18 am

Seem rather disappointing, but the shows will be availble on other video streaming sites. :)
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby S.M.O.G. » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:10 am

O NOEZ!! THE YOUTUBE WITH FIVE SHOWZ AND LOTZA COMMERCIALZ IZ GONE!1!

J/k. I only watched a couple times, once when I was sick in bed and found out they had old school Pokemon and another when I was first getting into anime and wanted to see what they had. It's kinda sad, but no big deal. But not as sad as the fact that youtube is better, and people are still making such a big deal out of it.
S.M.O.G.

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:17 pm

I wouldn't say youtube is better. First, they don't let you upload anything over 10 minutes in length, meaning most standard episodes of a show have to be in three parts.

Second, the video quality is ATROCIOUS. The quality can be improved slightly, but even the best quality youtube videos are hideous in resolution...unless of course you're a youtube partner (which average users aren't).

Third, youtube is very good about striking down copyrighted material...too good, in fact, even deleting videos that they shouldn't.

Youtube is good if you want to load a 45 second video of you acting dumb with your friends, but for watching anything of value, it's pretty terrible. The only reason people use it is because it's popular and it's simple, not because it's good.

Nate

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:06 am

I second nate's comment.
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby Robin Firedrake » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:27 am

Mind naming some of the other sites (besides youtube) that stream anime? I may actually find something my parents approve of.
Robin Firedrake

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:31 am

Hulu

Joost

These sites have been giving streaming rights to the animes they are showing. So its legal and free to watch.

Funimation

Also, Funimaton has videos streaming on their site. They are mostly sub and new series that will be coming out soon. But some of series, they are just letting people see about two or three eps.

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby EricTheFred » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:37 am

Funimation directly dumps a considerable amount of anime to youtube, on a special deal where they can upload the entire 24 minutes or whatever in a single chunk. I've been watching Shikabane Hime this way. You can reach the videos either directly on youtube or through the Funimation site. The video quality ain't HD, but it's watchable.

Admittedly, a lot of it is older stuff, but some things (like S.H.) are brand new.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby MasterDias » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:57 am

Also, The Anime Network has online streaming of some of ADV's shows.

And Bandai has also been putting up a couple series on their youtube channel.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Nate » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:29 am

Yeah I was about to say, there's plenty of sites that stream anime, but only a handful that do so legally.

There's also Crunchyroll, which used to not be legit but now is for some reason.

Nate

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:27 pm

Nate wrote:There's also Crunchyroll, which used to not be legit but now is for some reason.

Hehe, they had to. If they didn't the anime companies from Japan wouldn't have dealt with them.

That was part of their deal, was to remove the non legit titles that they had.

I just love it, when they did that. It made a lot of people that use Crunchyroll mad about it. Which I don't understand, they were going to get anime that would be sub right after it aired on TV in Japan.

[font="Book Antiqua"]
Roy Mustang

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:37 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1296627) wrote:I just love it, when they did that. It made a lot of people that use Crunchyroll mad about it. Which I don't understand, they were going to get anime that would be sub right after it aired on TV in Japan.

[font="Book Antiqua"]

Not to open old wounds, but why I was **** about it was because it wasn't simply new shows they deleted... They deleted old anime that would NEVER get licensed, and basically every J-drama and K-drama and C-drama as well as the Canadian broadcast "Let's Speak Japanese" which I was just starting to get into as CR started deleting all their non-official streams.

Oh, and there's also the fact CR is pay now, it's pretty much worthless... I'd much rather watch Hulu. At least Hulu is 100% free.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby MasterDias » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Bobtheduck (post: 1296648) wrote:Oh, and there's also the fact CR is pay now, it's pretty much worthless... I'd much rather watch Hulu. At least Hulu is 100% free.

They are? I just checked several of their episodes, and they loaded for me just fine free. Unless you really want the HD resolution streams.

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:09 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Not to open old wounds, but why I was **** about it was because it wasn't simply new shows they deleted... They deleted old anime that would NEVER get licensed, and basically every J-drama and K-drama and C-drama as well as the Canadian broadcast "Let's Speak Japanese" which I was just starting to get into as CR started deleting all their non-official streams.

What I meant was the ones that user were uploading that were already license. Some of the people at CR were really jerks, but you mostly found them at the boards there. One of the reason why, I like that they took away the ones that people were uploading, and already were licensed here.

The other part was, the fansub groups didn't like CR, because some users were putting up fansubs that the fansub groups never said that it was okay for CR to put them up. The worst of it was, people had to pay money to see a HQ of it. Which in turn they were making money off the fansub groups. The old CR was very dirty on the ways they did things.

I don't have a problem with fansubs groups or site showing unlicensed anime. Most fangroups stop after it has been licensed here and CR did show some of those unlicensed series. But as I said, most of the time the fangroups didn't give them the okay for them to put the stuff on CR and it was something that ANN called them out a few times back, when CR did these kind of things as well making you have to pay to be a special member to see the HQ videos.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Robin Firedrake » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:32 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1296570) wrote:Hulu

Joost

These sites have been giving streaming rights to the animes they are showing. So its legal and free to watch.

Funimation

Also, Funimaton has videos streaming on their site. They are mostly sub and new series that will be coming out soon. But some of series, they are just letting people see about two or three eps.

[font="Book Antiqua"]

Ah! Thank you! Anything you'd recommend for me from those lists?
Robin Firedrake

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:08 pm

No problem.

Other then what Nate and MasterDias listed. That's about it.

MasterDias wrote:Also, The Anime Network has online streaming of some of ADV's shows.

Did they change their media player? When they first started up, I would only watch a little. About 90%][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Robin Firedrake » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:11 pm

Sorry. After re-reading that I realize I wasn't very clear. I MEANT what anime on those sites do you recommend for me?
Robin Firedrake

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:40 pm

Robin Firedrake wrote:Sorry. After re-reading that I realize I wasn't very clear. I MEANT what anime on those sites do you recommend for me?

Sorry, I didn't read it right as well. I have to get back to you on that.

But others should be able to help as well.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang [/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Nate » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:08 am

Robin Firedrake wrote:Sorry. After re-reading that I realize I wasn't very clear. I MEANT what anime on those sites do you recommend for me?

There is a thread where you may ask for anime recommendations here, people are pretty good about posting in it I think.

Nate

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:39 am

I know this. I also know that when people answer there it's for all anime. I'm just asking about the ones on those sites.
Robin Firedrake

Postby EricTheFred » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:15 am

Robin Firedrake (post: 1296827) wrote:I know this. I also know that when people answer there it's for all anime. I'm just asking about the ones on those sites.

Well, since people will end up asking all the same things (what are your likes/dislikes, ratings, etc.), and ultimately it really is a question for the other thread, he's right. Just add something like 'looking for recommendations for anime found on legit free stream sites, such as the ADV stuff on Anime Network'. If we get into it here, it's not really fair, since the point of keeping it all in one thread is so that other people who come along can harvest the same advice.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby MasterDias » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:25 pm

[quote="Roy Mustang (post: 1296768)"]
Did they change their media player? When they first started up, I would only watch a little. About 90%]
Yeah, I attempted to watch Rahxephon on their old player but eventually gave up when it proved to be glitchy/unworkable.

I haven't tested their new one extensively but a cursory glance at it does look like it works better.

MasterDias

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews