Ergo Proxy

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby kryptech » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:44 pm

ChurchPunk (post: 1251135) wrote:For anyone who's interested, RightStuf has added the Ergo Proxy Box set Preorder for $52.49, with a release date of Oct 7th.

This makes me oh so happy. ^_^

This makes me glum that I already bought vols 1&2 from Chapters. A box set would have been cheaper and tidier...
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:45 pm

THanks for the good news ChurchPunk!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby FukuokaGirl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Goodness how I love this series!
Though it is not for the intellectually faint of heart ...eerr.. mind? haha
It, imho, is even smarter than DeathNote!! (Which I love) It takes a lot of contemplation and reflection and reading between the lines. But it is truly a rewarding series.
I love Pino's character so much.
If anyone finished it and is still scratching their head about the ending, I found an amazing blog that helps delve into all of the minor, yet so important, details. I'll post the link as soon as I found it.
This is the type of anime that a second (or in my case third haha) viewing helps so much with! You tend to grow with the anime.
Anyway... on a side note I just cosplayed Re-L at Otakon! XD <3
"They do exist, the places you can live renewed." -Nobuta wo Produce
[align=left]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[align=center]思い出せば遙か遙か 未来はどこまでも輝いてた きれいな青空の下で 僕らは少しだけ怯えていた

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:32 pm

FukuokaGirl (post: 1252324) wrote:Anyway... on a side note I just cosplayed Re-L at Otakon! XD <3

And I love you forever for that. MSP actually found me an Ergo Proxy necklace, for $3! It was a must have.

After somehow misplacing my beloved DVD Vol. 2, I will buy that whole set if that's what it takes. Heck, I want the box! XD It's one of only two series that makes me this happy. I was beside myself when I found it was one of the rescued titles.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Esoteric » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Re-l is totally the only person I'd ever consider cosplaying. It's nice to know there are other die-hard Proxy fans out there. My current desktop:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby Peanut » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:28 pm

I finished this series a month ago and I have to say it was very good (especially the game show episode). Though...I am still confused by the ending...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby theanimeguy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:50 pm

How is the content? Is it a really mature show? I did not see a review for it in the Reviews Section so I don't really know what to expect.
theanimeguy

Postby termyt » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:40 pm

It is definitely a "mature" show. Children would likely be bored silly with it. It has very little in the way of objectionable visual content, though. Some violence, but not graphic (although there was one scene very early in the series that was somewhat gratuitous, no nudity.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby RobinSena » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:23 pm

I'm hoping to have enough money soon to pre-order the box set. Hopefully.. :D

Esoteric (post: 1252362) wrote:Re-l is totally the only person I'd ever consider cosplaying. It's nice to know there are other die-hard Proxy fans out there. My current desktop:

Mine is currently this.
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:42 pm

BTW: For the one that are looking forward to the new boxset, here is a picture of what the boxset will look like.

Ergo Proxy boxset cover

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:46 am

Very swish! I'm not waiting for an Aussie release (it'll take too long).

Esoteric, did you make that desktop wallpaper yourself? It's awesome!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby RobinSena » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:00 am

Yeah, it doesn't look as nice as I would like (I'm somewhat obsessed with art boxes), but the it's worth it, thanks to the lower price.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Esoteric » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:17 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1257132) wrote:Esoteric, did you make that desktop wallpaper yourself? It's awesome!

Thanks! Vincent's face was borrowed from an existing wall, and the proxy+gears I scanned off the DVD artwork. Really, I just put 'em together....

Hey, ChurchPunk, yours is nice too!
Esoteric

Postby RobinSena » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:28 pm

Esoteric (post: 1257260) wrote:Hey, ChurchPunk, yours is nice too!

Thanks, although I just stole it from the website. :P

Yours is pretty sweet though.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Are you not entertained?

I mean, I think the art on the boxset is brilliant (a change from the usual). How come you don't like it so much?

Esoteric, good stuff mate. No wonder I couldn't find it on google. It's easily the best Ergo Proxy desktop wallpaper I've seen.
Would you mind putting it up for others to use on their computers?
It's alright if you say no.
Thanks mate
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Esoteric » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:32 pm

Ah, you flatter me! (and it worked.) ;)
I'll leave it here for a few months.
http://www.wbepic.com/Eso_proxy7.jpg

Mind you, I designed it for a 23 inch widescreen, so it's huge. But I could see a clever editor 'squashing' it in a little to fit a traditional format nicely.
Esoteric

Postby RobinSena » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:39 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1257297) wrote:Are you not entertained?

I mean, I think the art on the boxset is brilliant (a change from the usual). How come you don't like it so much?
I'm not quite sure what you mean about being entertained, but like I said, I'm rather obsessed with how the dvds look, so that's why it's not my favorite. It's also thin, which is another thing for me. Obviously, it's the show content that matters in the end, I just like for it to look awesome.. :D

(I even sold my Witch Hunter Robin thinpack to buy the single dvds with the artbox.. :D)

Esoteric (post: 1257301) wrote:Mind you, I designed it for a 23 inch widescreen, so it's huge. But I could see a clever editor 'squashing' it in a little to fit a traditional format nicely.

Bah, stupid photobucket shrinks the images. >.>

1280x1024
1024x768 =)
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby avidrkfan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:09 pm

Thanks so much, Termyt, for the plot summary. I was totally lost by the end. You cleared up a lot of plot points for me.
avidrkfan

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Goodness what a wonderful time for someone to gravedig this thread! I just started watching this show the other day, and I have to say, I'm loving it so far. XD Dystopian stuff is always great, but this show does a really good job with it! I've watched the first 8 episodes so far, and I hope to finish it either this week when I'm not doing schoolwork or next week, during my Spring Break. XD Anyways, excellent series!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby minakichan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Stop Constantly Bragging About How You Got It So Cheap Xddd
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby That Dude » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:14 am

I recently bought this one and enjoy it quite a bit.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby FukuokaGirl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:06 am

Corrie... did you finish Ergo Proxy yet? I'm interested in a detailed review of how you felt about the last two episodes. hehe

Seriously... this is one of the most intelligent series I've ever watched.

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:20 pm

FukuokaGirl (post: 1296561) wrote:Corrie... did you finish Ergo Proxy yet? I'm interested in a detailed review of how you felt about the last two episodes. hehe

Seriously... this is one of the most intelligent series I've ever watched.

Not yet! I've got about 7 episodes left though, so it won't be long! XD I'm REALLY enjoying it, though. It's a really intriguing series!
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby FukuokaGirl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:54 pm

I definitely loved the Ophelia episode! ^_^
The imagery in it is stunning. (I love this show so much that I think I'm gonna cosplay Re-L again rather than doing a new costume for this year.)

Corrie, have you studied the literary theory that goes along with the show by any chance?

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:24 pm

FukuokaGirl (post: 1296605) wrote:I definitely loved the Ophelia episode! ^_^
The imagery in it is stunning. (I love this show so much that I think I'm gonna cosplay Re-L again rather than doing a new costume for this year.)

Corrie, have you studied the literary theory that goes along with the show by any chance?

That WAS a great episode! And the one after it was so hilarious. XDD It shames me to say, though, that I didn't recognize the art reference in Ophelia until Jamie pointed it out to me, which is pretty bad, considering I'm familiar with the piece AND I'm an art major...! XD

Anyways, I have yet to take a course on literary theory, but I would really, really like to someday. I've had hopes of being an English minor, and while I'm not entirely certain my major would allow for that, I still love taking those kinds of classes! Hopefully someday I'll be able to take one, because based on what I've heard, I have a feeling I'd appreciate so much of this series even more. XD

EDIT:

Okay, so I just finished this series today and I loved it! The ending has me a little confused though:

[Spoiler]So was Real/Monad actually the proxy taken from Mosk and somehow reincarnated by Daedalus? She disintegrated in the sunlight, so I'm assuming she was actually a proxy]

I'll probably have more thoughts tomorrow (and when it's not almost 3AM XD), but yeah! Excellent series!!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Esoteric » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:33 pm

[spoiler]Well, my take on Real is this; The Real we follow throughout the story was a copy of the proxy 13 stolen from Mosk, created by Daedalus at the behest of the Regent. The purpose of this was to lure proxy 1 back to Romdo. But this Real was not a 'full' copy. She did not have real amrita cells, but biomimetic ones which only improved her ability to heal. The 'replacement Real' which Daeldalus creates later once he is no longer hampered by authority, is a full copy with real amrita cells...and thus perishes in sunlight. [/spoiler]
Esoteric

Postby That Dude » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:36 pm

Esoteric pretty much hit it on the spot.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby FukuokaGirl » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Yeah... I agree with what Esoteric wrote! That's sort of how I figured things out.

Oh... and from the Ophelia episode:

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:29 pm

Esoteric (post: 1296901) wrote:[spoiler]Well, my take on Real is this]

[Spoiler]Hmmm...yeah, that makes a lot of sense! I wondered at a few points if Re-L was a proxy as well, or if she was something similar, but I'll need to watch it again to catch it, I think. XD Another point I was confused on: I couldn't quite figure out Raul's motives. Destruction, obviously, but what for? Was that simply his version of "awakening?" Yet another reason to re-watch it! XD[/Spoiler]

FukuokaGirl (post: 1296980) wrote:Image

LOL, Yep, these were the two images Jamie had to show me before I was like, "OH! DUH! HOW DID I MISS THAT?" XDD Awesome reference though!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:45 pm

I can't believe I missed that reference.
Ergo Proxy is a great anime. Very complex and well written too.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews