Girl only question...^^;

Talk about anything in here.

Girl only question...^^;

Postby Momo-P » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:08 am

I guess a guy could answer as well, but this is kind of uncomfortable to even mention to a man.

Anyways, unlike the make up thing, this one is much more easy, but I thought I should ask anyways. With summer coming lots of girls usually take special note to shave bikini lines and maybe a bit more depending on their swim suit. I don't think there's anything wrong with this, but just making sure...there really isn't, right?

Because I know there were rules about shaving hair--don't shave hair like these people and whatnot, but I believe all those rules involved HEAD hair (unless they said to shave their whole bodies like people who were unclean or whatever). To do something for swimming or just any reason probably shouldn't be a big deal I wouldn't think, but I thought I'd ask anyways since I already harrassed you with weird stuff. Hope this is ok. Sometimes I think there needs to be a special forum for gender questions...
Momo-P

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:19 am

If you're talking old testament, generally those rules were put in place to make sure that the Israelites did not become like the people around them in the other countries. Another measure to make sure they didn't stray. I'm sure they had no concept of bikini lines, either. XD
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Momo-P » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:21 am

Well the only reason I asked is because I know some site talked about how the Egyptians, Greeks, and many ancient people use to actually shave their lower regions, so it was just a "crap, is that even remotely grouped in there?" But seeing how head hair was the only thing usually seen, I'm pretty sure that's all God meant. I mean, how would anyone else know about the rest unless they raped you or something?
Momo-P

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:55 am

I think you might want to remember that laws like this, most often found in Deuteronomy or Leviticus or something, are pretty much irrelevant today, for the most part. Like Etoh said, they were mostly laws to keep the Israelites from becoming like those around them, and truly being a people who were set apart. There's nothing wrong with shaving any part of your body; it doesn't change who you are in Christ. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:25 am

Again, remember the culture of the time and the fact that cultures change. In our culture, shaving is usually considered to be a part of good hygiene.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:33 am

^ All above are good points. The Ceremonial laws, which you are in part talking about, don't apply to us today.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:12 am

i'm just gunna copy and paste what i wrote in the other thread XD

I think though what you are doing, Momo, is getting yourself too wrapped up in if you are doing this or this right.

God isn't going, "oh tsk tsk, you are shaving. you are no longer a christian." Being a christian is really what is in your heart, not how you look or how many rules you can possibly follow in the bible. If anything, i think one can get too caught up in only following rules that they completely miss the love, grace, and acceptance of God. (and i'm not saying you are, i'm just pointing this out.)

and again, i'm not saying to totally disregard everything in the bible. I'm not saying that at all. But your salvation doesn't depend on if you decide to shave your bikini line that day or not.

Momo, just as long as you have your eyes set on God completely, He will reveal to you what is right and wrong.
I sincerely doubt shaving your bikini line, legs, armpits, or whatever else you want to shave- is against God. He doesn't wrap up the christian faith in technicalities like that.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:11 am

chibiphonebooth (post: 1296269) wrote:i'm just gunna copy and paste what i wrote in the other thread XD

Momo, just as long as you have your eyes set on God completely, He will reveal to you what is right and wrong.
I sincerely doubt shaving your bikini line, legs, armpits, or whatever else you want to shave- is against God. He doesn't wrap up the christian faith in technicalities like that.

Quoted for truth and emphasis.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Nate » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:37 am

All I will say is if you didn't shave your bikini zone when you went to the pool that might be kind of awkward you know?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:40 am

No. There is nothing wrong with shaving.

Next topic!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Purplefire » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:43 am

Here is the way I have heard the various rules for jewelry, shaving and dress explained: The main reason the Christians and the Israelites were told not to wear jewelry, braid their hair, shave their hair, etc. was, as Etoh*the*Greato and Radical Dreamer said, to set them apart from the other groups and religions in the area. How are the Israelites to show they are set apart for God if they look and act exactly as the other cultures around them?

Reason #2: Most of the dress, shaving and accessorizing rules were made because dressing a certain way, wearing certain jewelry and shaving certain parts of the body was a symbol of following other gods and religious practices. God not only wants us to belong to Him totally, but He also wants our actions (such as our dress and accessories) to point to Him as well. It is very much like if you see someone wearing a necklace with a cross charm, you assume that they believe in God, correct? What are people assuming you follow or believe in by how you dress, accessorize or (in this case) shave? This, in my opinion, is the whole crux of the matter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:06 pm

I honestly don't see anything wrong with it ^__^ Just be sure that you're comfortable with it and not just doing it because everyone else is :)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Again, to restate previous others, the shaving thing was of the Old Testament to disguish different peoples. If you wanna shave your legs, head, face...whatever, it is okay.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:19 pm

More the question is why you'd want to shave up that far... Ow...

Though, I don't believe it's alight to show off that much skin, even at the pool... Especially since one can easily find a set of cute shorts to avoid the risk of anything showing... So I don't find much point in any bikini line shaves.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Momo, you need to put down the OT books at look at the works of Paul. The epistles often address the Judaizers which were people coming out of the Judaic tradition who said that in order to be fully Christian one had to follow the Law. The Law will. not. save you. Paul put it this way: Choose the Cross or choose the Law.

Chibi and Nate are right. Christ is enough and hairy people at the pool are gross.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:56 pm

Etoh*the*Greato (post: 1296453) wrote:Christ is enough and hairy people at the pool are gross.

The answer summed up in a single sentence. Thread over. LOL
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby minakichan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:59 pm

If your sole intent in shaving there is to pick up all the guys at the pool, then no. But if you just don't want to look awkward and it's going to be embarassing, there probably isn't a problem.

But it's the middle of March!! It's freezing, why are you even thinking about this? XD;
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1296449) wrote:More the question is why you'd want to shave up that far... Ow...

Though, I don't believe it's alight to show off that much skin, even at the pool... Especially since one can easily find a set of cute shorts to avoid the risk of anything showing... So I don't find much point in any bikini line shaves.

I'm really tempted of being devil's advocate here and arguing against you with my powers of SOCIOLOGYYYYYY. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Puguni » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1296469) wrote:I'm really tempted of being devil's advocate here and arguing against you with my powers of SOCIOLOGYYYYYY. XD

If you liked us, you'll NOT do that and let this die.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Puguni (post: 1296471) wrote:If you liked us, you'll NOT do that and let this die.

QFT. Let's keep this moving (or, since the question's been answered numerous times in several ways, we could always just let the topic go. We're sort of beating a dead horse at this point).

Radical Dreamer

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:25 pm

Puguni (post: 1296471) wrote:If you liked us, you'll NOT do that and let this die.

Since I do like you and value your feelings, I will spare you from the torment.

That and I know you hate sociology. XD

As for Corrie's opinion. I don't care what she thinks. =p jk ilu, Corrieface. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:43 pm

You could always move to Europe.
Fish and Chips

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:47 pm

It's cool. I have absolutely no clue as to what he's talking about anyway :D

Though, I think it has something to do with getting me to change my opinion. Hah.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:54 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1296481) wrote:It's cool. I have absolutely no clue as to what he's talking about anyway :D

Though, I think it has something to do with getting me to change my opinion. Hah.

XD Naw, don't worry about it. :D I'm just being my typical self.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nate » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:16 pm

If Nate's being witty, I don't get it :P

Though, all the typical guys entered into a girls only thread, haha.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby F.M Disciple » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:17 pm

Is that you Nate?
"Its very possible that I could give everything and obtain nothing, But still I have to try."
-Edward Elric.

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large."
-William Wilberforce.
F.M Disciple

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:19 pm

That's Some Huge Bush You Got There D8<
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby F.M Disciple » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:20 pm

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

I don't think your doing anything wrong.

I guess it depends on motivation.
"Its very possible that I could give everything and obtain nothing, But still I have to try."
-Edward Elric.

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large."
-William Wilberforce.
F.M Disciple

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:42 pm

For my own sanity, I'm going to pretend that this whole thread is really just one big political satire.
Mr. SmartyPants

Next

Return to General