What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby CAAOutkast » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:15 am

I'm in a Ninja Turtle Mood,so I'm watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
CAAOutkast

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:25 pm

Christisright (post: 1295275) wrote:I'm in a Ninja Turtle Mood,so I'm watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
Ah, good choices, and good movie!
GhostontheNet

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:40 pm

Gonna watch Eagle Eye tonight.... anyone seen that one?
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:05 am

Tonight in The Horror Movie we watched Rosemary's Baby.
GhostontheNet

Postby shade of dae » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:45 am

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1295591) wrote:Gonna watch Eagle Eye tonight.... anyone seen that one?

My family rented it, but we never got around watching it before it was due back. When you finish watching it, let me know if it was any good.

Did somebody say moody gypsy goth mutants?

Haha, yeah. They wore black leather and met in abandoned churches, so I don't know if that exactly constitutes as goth. Their powers were fairly interesting, though.

Aside from that, I recently watched The Wishing Tree at my little sister's urging. My impression was that it was a typical hallmark-type movie.
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:32 am

My mom needed to get to bed last night, so we ended up watching The Librarian. Apparently its a series of movies, and that was the newest one that had come out, so we rented it from the rental place. It was pretty good.

Will probably watch Eagle Eye tonight, though. But I'll let you know about it!
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:08 pm

Today in Development of Film Expression we watched Citizen Kane.
GhostontheNet

Postby christianfriend » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:48 am

I watched Interstella 5555 earlier! A must see for all Daft Punk fans :3
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:28 am

Tonight I watched Halloween.
GhostontheNet

Postby Song_of_Storms » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:08 pm

[SIZE="1"]Watched Pride and the Prejudice again. I love that movie! (loved the book, too) [/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby KagayakiWashi » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:21 pm

I just saw "Taken". I thought it was a good movie, but there were a few moments of cheese.....and cheese in that kind of movie is not good! It's always fun to see Fox pooling their resources (George from the first seasons of 24 was in it along with Micheal Scofield's wife from Prison Break). It was also fun (as it always is) to see "Uncle Rico" playing in a movie (who also played a terrorist in 24, season 3).
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:06 pm

I just finished watching The Hunchback of Notre Dame starring Lon Chaney.
GhostontheNet

Postby eternalprincess » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:14 am

Flushed Away.

I'm watching this at 2 in the morning with my 11 year old brother. XD

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby Roz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:44 am

Going to see Race To Witch Mountain today :jump:

Yay for harmless (for lack of a better word) movies.:thumb:
Roz

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:51 am

Yesterday I watched Nosferatu Phantom Der Nacht. It was interesting to watch the German version when I had seen the English version, Nosferatu The Vampyre, so many times.
GhostontheNet

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Last night I was at my parents' house and we watched Ghostbusters. Sometime later this week, we'll watch Ghostbusters II.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Just watched 20th Century Boys tonight...it was amazing! They stayed really true to the manga, even though some scenes had to be cut (or moved) for time and storytelling's sake. The acting was pretty good, though some of it seemed a touch over the top. XD Really impressed with this first installment, and I can't WAIT to see the next one! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby GeneD » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:35 am

I watched I Am Legend for the first time the other day. I didn't see the very beginning though.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Sheenar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:29 am

I watched The Shining on Saturday at my aunt's house. Now I finally know where all those references are coming from. :lol:
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:24 am

I just finished watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.
GhostontheNet

Postby KagayakiWashi » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:24 am

I saw "Castle in the Sky" last night. I really liked that one!
Was it just me or did that pirate guy look like the inspiration for Dr. Robotnik? (who I learned was inspired by THEODORE ROOSEVELT)
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
KagayakiWashi

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:46 pm

I watched Australia last night (or most of it, I'll have to finish it still, got like 45 minutes left or so). It's very pretty to watch but the movie itself is meh. I mean it's not bad but I don't think I'd ever be able to watch it again. It feels reaally long and it's pretty slow moving and I don't know.... I could have found a more interesting story line I think. Reminds me of like... Open Range, only in Australia.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby christianfriend » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:22 pm

I just finished the last half part of Commando XD that movie makes me laugh.
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby KumaruRockz » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:05 pm

I've watched Get Smart, Tropic Thunder, Zodiac, and some others in the past month.

Hehe.

Tropic Thunder was "inappropriate" you could say.

Zodiac was kind of weird but mildly interesting.

Get Smart was great :)
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:34 am

Tonight I watched Black Sunday, for which next time I've got to find a better copy than that really lame dub.
GhostontheNet

Postby ich1990 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:00 am

Well, I was able to watch the first five or so episodes of Firefly tonight. I can see why everybody likes the show. The characters are likable, the banter is witty, there is a gunfight and fistfight in every episode, and space/western flavor is just cheesy enough. It required a bit of editing here and there, but overall I am enjoying the series quite a bit.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:45 am

I saw "Throne of Blood" yesterday. Gotta love Toshiro Mifune's acting!
KagayakiWashi

Postby Colonel J.Wolfe » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:05 pm

I'll be watching Twilight tonight, since all my friends are into it. Looks like a chick flick though, lol.
Colonel J.Wolfe

Postby eternalprincess » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Eagle Eye.

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby minakichan » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:34 pm

20th Century Boys I.

Excellent. The casting was perfect and absolutely spot-on; the characters are all completely recognizable even before they're introduced (especially Keroyon, Otcho, Yoshitsune, Maruo, DONKEY!, young Yoshitsune, young Maruo, young Otcho, young Yukiji (!), young Donkey, young Yanbo/Mabo, and of course, both KENJIs). The movie was absolutely true to the manga down to the shots and lighting. The only issue I had was that the pacing was a little fast in the beginning (and the virus death scenes were accurate but so scary!), and the zombie-like cult members may have been too overplayed, but throughout the movie, I was totally on the edge of my seat. Karasawa Toshiaki was perfect as Kenji!!

And Ninja Hattori mask will ALWAYS BE FRIGHTENING D:

KANNA, KENJI, AISHITERU.

(On another note, I found out that one of my favorite male idols is playing Britney in 20th Century Boys II D: )
ImageImage
minakichan

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment