I got a new 'toy'! =D

Talk about anything in here.

I got a new 'toy'! =D

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:09 pm

And by 'toy', I mean expensive electronic device that I have had my eye on for a while now. XD

Not sure where else to put this, but I got my tablet today! Yay! Right now (until I can look at the box that is) all I know is its a wacom. I've wanted one for a while now. I tried it out today and its amazing! I just need to figure out how to 'calibrate' it so it works with my manga studio program, because its horribly off whenever I draw in the program. XD

But I finally have one and "I'm sooo happeh!" (happy) XD
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Robin Firedrake » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:09 pm

What's a tablet?
Robin Firedrake

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:15 pm

"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby kaji » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:40 pm

A very nice toy indeed. Can we expect to see lots of great art from this new toy? ^_^

I have always wanted a tablet, but the cost of getting a nice one, and the amount of use it will likely get, just dont add into my budget well. :(
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:44 pm

well, kaji, I plan on using mine a lot. I just need some time to adjust to it and to figure out all the 'tricks' that go along with it. Anyone who has any pointers/suggestions/tips, I'd appreciate it! o.o

And yes, when I draw something decent with it (what I've drawn now is poor because I'm still adjusting to using it XD) I will post some of it!

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Congrats on your new computing upgrade \o.o/ Can we has pics of your new toy ^__^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Smile:) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Oh, cool! That looks like alot of fun! =D
Can we has pics you draw with your new toy? o.o
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:31 pm

Yes, yes! I'll definitely post something once I draw something worthwhile with it! I'll have all next week to play with it though, cause I'm on spring break! Yay!

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Purplefire » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:03 pm

Mmmm, I remember when I got my tablet.. Such bliss!

Congrats on your new toy! Yea!

I have no tips other than to practice!! Practice!! Practice!! That's the only way you'll figure out the quirks of your tablet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Yes, purplefire. Thank you! It is bliss! I'm falling in love with an inanimate object, but you know, it happens? Its like my new baby or something... I'm treating it with such care. XD Its kinda sad, really, if you think about it. Oh well.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Smile:) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:17 pm

So long as you haven't given it a name, you're fine. XD

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby Purplefire » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:39 pm

But... But... Tabby and I go everywhere together!! :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Smile:) (post: 1294540) wrote:So long as you haven't given it a name, you're fine. XD

Haha, actually, I was thinking about naming it. XD Is that ridiculous or what? Ok, I admit its odd to name inanimate objects, but people do it all the time with all kinds of different stuff! So I don't feel as weird. o.o

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby animaniac » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:53 pm

tablets are hard to work with! at least at first
animaniac

Postby Purplefire » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:56 pm

Yeah, getting my lines to be smooth was the hardest thing to get used to on mine. The pen pressure feature would pick up my every wobble. Actually, I still have trouble with that. Eek.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
Purplefire

Postby Smile:) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:00 pm

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1294556) wrote:Haha, actually, I was thinking about naming it. XD Is that ridiculous or what? Ok, I admit its odd to name inanimate objects, but people do it all the time with all kinds of different stuff! So I don't feel as weird. o.o

XD I've named a few of my favorite things, so maybe it's not that weird.
Now, when we start talking to them, thats when we worry! o.o

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:57 pm

animaniac (post: 1294562) wrote:tablets are hard to work with! at least at first

Oh, believe me, I know! But with practice, I'm confident that I'll get better at it.

Smile:) (post: 1294568) wrote:XD I've named a few of my favorite things, so maybe it's not that weird.
Now, when we start talking to them, thats when we worry! o.o

Yeah, true. I don't usually talk to inanimate objects... not the ones I name... I do call whatever I stub my toe on stupid, does that count? XD

Ok, so I'm guilty of talking to inanimate objects... I don't think I've talked to my tablet...yet.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby bakura_fan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:24 pm

lucky. I'm saving up for a Cintiq (well, with my husband's help that is. lol.). :) ...it's gonna be awhile...but once I get my own job, a couple paychecks should have it to me in no time. :D *squeels with delight at the thought* Congrats on getting one though. enjoy!
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:02 pm

Thanks. And I've wanted one for years, so it took a while for me to get mine as well. But the waiting and saving all paid off! Yay!

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby RandomBurrito » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:12 pm

That's awesome! I remember seeing something like that before and wanting it..... shoot, I still want one, lol. Anways, glad you have one! I hope to get one. By the way, if you don't mind me asking.... how much is it?
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
RandomBurrito

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:49 pm

I Love it! I got it to work in manga studio, and I drew something (not quit presentable). I'm still getting adjusted to the 'sensitivity' as it were, but I'm loving it even more!! I'm definitely pondering naming my tablet now. XD

And randomburrito... I got mine on amazon. You can look them up there... it depends on what dimensions you want it to be as to how much it cost. The 'smaller' ones are less than the 'larger' ones.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby RandomBurrito » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:03 pm

And it's name shall be Billy! XD J/K. I name things, lol.

Cool. I'm gonna check em' out. Hopefully if it's not too expensive I'll get one.
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
RandomBurrito

Postby That Dude » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 am

I'm jealous Fantasy! Anyway congrats!!!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Thanks! I love it so much. I think a little more practice and it could be time to post some of the stuff I've drawn with it! :o

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Return to General