Best Valentine Gift Ever - We're Engaged!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:40 am

It's happened before. SP1+HitomiYuriko+Althaia = CAA Family. Although, in another 15+ years or so, we might have to all visit Ashley and Cap'n Nick and force them to sign their kid up as AshleyKid. Even or especially if it's a boy. Ashley, Cap'n Nick, you guys are warned.

The second kid can be Cap'n Nick Jr.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:04 am

Mave, that's pretty amusing. XD
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Evran » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:49 am

I'm late to the party, but congratulations! Wish you both all the best.
Evran

Postby Ashley » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:24 am

Have you thought of color schemes for the wedding ^^? That's probably one of the funniest parts 8D

Actually I'm finding it pretty difficult. I don't want to do anything super cliche like "summer = beach wedding." Trying to get lots of ideas this week so we can try to pick them by the weekend.

Mave, you made me laugh so hard! :lol: It's weird enough to think of having kids at all (I am still getting used to the idea of my new last name), let alone kids who might someday stumble upon their mother's teenage obsession...

And I'm pretty sure BOTH my future-in-laws and my own parents would kill me if I eloped, especially since I promised my sister she could be a bridesmaid.
Ashley

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Mave (post: 1289199) wrote:Seriously, my heartiest congratulations. We pray for His Joy & Love in this blessed upcoming union. God bless!

*Chokes on her own spit* AHEM >_<

How did I miss this post XDD? I really did just choke on my spit, btw.. xDDD;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Ashley (post: 1289278) wrote:And I'm pretty sure BOTH my future-in-laws and my own parents would kill me if I eloped, especially since I promised my sister she could be a bridesmaid.

Well, considering you've wanted to get married since a little girl, why would you elope anyway? Besides, it'll be more memorable this way!
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Ashley » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Well, I'm inclined to agree with you now, but I bet in about oh, 2 or 3 months, I'll probably be thinking elopement is easier. XD
Ashley

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Ashley (post: 1289702) wrote:Well, I'm inclined to agree with you now, but I bet in about oh, 2 or 3 months, I'll probably be thinking elopement is easier. XD

Yeah, well, no one ever said wedding planning was easy. And if they did, they're probably selling something. XD

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Ashley (post: 1288855) wrote:We do have a standing policy about spouses on staff *winks at Eire and Mith* but I'm not going to force him or anything.

Congrats, guys - from the both of us!
Mithrandir

Postby animewarrior » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:09 pm

YAAAAY!! (even if this is kinda late)
Good luck with all the planning and stuff!
Cap'n Nick x Ashley FTW!!!
Seriously I hope it's everything you guys have ever hoped and dreamed plus more.
I'll be praying for sanity to rein during the planning with a dose of good fun!
Good luck and congrats!

PS - heh... is it ok for me to have my color planning done already?.. and I'm not even in a relationship.. well I have a knight but well that's in progress... ^.^ heh you guys will find out eventually.... *plots*
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:20 pm

animewarrior (post: 1289945) wrote: PS - heh... is it ok for me to have my color planning done already?.. and I'm not even in a relationship.. well I have a knight but well that's in progress... ^.^ heh you guys will find out eventually.... *plots*

Hmm, this makes me curious. But anywho, I don't have anything planned, but I have thought about the dress I want... not that that means I'll find that exact dress.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:22 pm

...chocolate?
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Monkey J. Luffy (post: 1290003) wrote:...chocolate?

Good answer. XD

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Debitt » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Whoa, totally late to the party, but congratulations to both of you! <3 I'll be praying for you guys and your futures. <3<3<3

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Heronwing » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Congratulations! ^-^
Beautiful ring, by the way!
Heronwing

Postby Peregrine » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:54 pm

Wow, congratulations! May this be the fabulous beginning of an amazing life for you two. ^_^
Waiting for my marshmallows.
Peregrine

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:56 pm

ZOMG I am so happy for you guys. Congratulations! (Extremely belated response)
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Ashley » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:30 am

Belated schmlated. It's not like having a birthday -- saying congrats never gets old! (Incidentally, neither does the word fiancé XD)

Heronwing wrote:Congratulations! ^-^
Beautiful ring, by the way!

Isn't it?! I was so impressed. Nick picked it out all by himself]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/texanash/DSC01782.jpg[/IMG]
Ashley

Postby SP1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Is a WOOT appropriate at this point? What do you mean Off the Market? I didn't know you were ever on the market. [kicks self, lol]

oh, wait, I'm off the market, too.
"Those who believe will be saved...so they say. Get it?"
Sister Rosette Christopher

Sorry ladies, already married to HitomiYuriko , but it took both our efforts to come up with daughter Althaia

Please use the Haibane Renmei Lesson Plan

MOES: Can't scroll this.
SP1

Postby bakura_fan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:12 pm

that is really gorgeous. ^_^
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby CephasWhite » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:01 pm

Congratulations again Ashley. :) Just thought I should say that. ;)
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:13 pm

Wow, how did I only just see this thread? Many combolations, Elizagerth!
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:24 pm

Ashley (post: 1293071) wrote:Belated schmlated. It's not like having a birthday -- saying congrats never gets old! (Incidentally, neither does the word fiancé XD)

Isn't it?! I was so impressed. Nick picked it out all by himself]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/texanash/DSC01782.jpg[/IMG]

That is a gorgeous ring! Even prettier in the clearer picture! I bet its even better in person! :D

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:01 pm

That's a very pretty ring.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby kaji » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:55 pm

Wow, much congratulations to the both of you.

Ashley wrote:Well, I'm inclined to agree with you now, but I bet in about oh, 2 or 3 months, I'll probably be thinking elopement is easier. XD

My wife reminds me every year how much she wishes we had eloped. Everything that could go wrong for our wedding, did.
No work is always a lot easier then work...

At any rate, Im sure you have a lot to plan and get ready for. My wife actually ran her own wedding coordinating business (and she was quite good at it) before we both went back to school. She was convicted to help people not have the same hard time she had planning our wedding. My point in saying this is that if you need, or want, any suggestions (Im sure you are getting plenty) just let me know. ^_^

Im sure everyone would agree that while we may not have much to give, we can certainly pray for the both of you as you enter this new stage of life.

I have heard it said that when you get married, your life is over... While this sounds like a negative assessment of marriage, that couldn't be farther from the truth. You see, while both of your lives as individuals end, you begin a new life together. This means that you will likely have to give up parts of your old life, but the new is worth every bit! ^_^

I am always excited to see lives united in the Lord.

Super-extra-mangarific-congratulations!
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby MBlight » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:43 am

congrats!!! Feels awesome to me engaged, doesn't it?
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:45 am

So Ashley, how is the planning coming along so far?

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby RandomBurrito » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Congrats! (late too) I hope you two have a wonderful and God blessed wedding and marriage! ^_^
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
:hug:
RandomBurrito

Postby Mr. Rogers » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Fun stuff.

And, Savannah, your sig is disturbing.
Mr. Rogers

Postby Ashley » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:09 am

So Ashley, how is the planning coming along so far?

Um, it's coming. We've got some things nailed down, but I'm constantly amazed at how much work has to be done! Even if I did nothing else full-time but spend money and plan, it'd still take several months to get done. Plus, I don't want to turn into a Bridezilla; this is Nicholas' wedding too, and I want him to have an active role in the look and feel of it.

Our families (both biological and church ones) have been very helpful, though.

Oh, and I can't tell you a time or place, but I can tell you the date: August 9, 2009.
Ashley

Previous Next

Return to General