For those of you that have experience with ear piercing..

Talk about anything in here.

For those of you that have experience with ear piercing..

Postby animechica » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:21 pm

How do you think I could go about attaching fake cat ears to my ears with piercings? ^_^

This is a serious question, haha.
My cat-ears-on-a-headband just aren't cutting it. I have a somewhat weird head shape and headbands don't stay on for me very well, plus it's sad when someone tugs on your cat ear and you can't feel it. If they were somehow attached to my ears, I could feel them!

How do you think I could go about doing this? I'm sure it could work if my cat ears were made of a very light material. As for my current piercings, I only have my lobes pierced once.
animechica

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Something about the whole plan just sounds like it's inviting damage to your ears. lol. I know I don't really apply to the whole "experience with ear piercings" group, but it just doesn't seem like a good idea. hehe
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby animechica » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Etoh*the*Greato (post: 1289213) wrote:Something about the whole plan just sounds like it's inviting damage to your ears. lol. I know I don't really apply to the whole "experience with ear piercings" group, but it just doesn't seem like a good idea. hehe

I know... I'm kinda worried about that myself, but at least in my mind I can somewhat rule out damage by other PEOPLE, because I hope I don't know anybody stupid enough to yank them, lol.
animechica

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Hmm, sounds like a good way for jerks to inflict pain and damage. I wouldn't do it. Why not make cat ears that attach to your hair, like the sorts of small combs that people leave in their hair? That way, you'll feel it, but at worst if someone gets too exuberant the ears just harmlessly slide out of your hair. Attaching things meant to be tugged to holes in your flesh just strikes me as problems looking to happen.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:54 pm

it sounds like it would hurt. don't do it.

i have 3 piercing in each ear, and they hurt when they get tugged on.

bad idea.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:51 pm

Sapphi (post: 1289205) wrote:My cat-ears-on-a-headband just aren't cutting it. I have a somewhat weird head shape and headbands don't stay on for me very well, plus it's sad when someone tugs on your cat ear and you can't feel it. If they were somehow attached to my ears, I could feel them!
Sapphi (post: 1289214) wrote:I know... I'm kinda worried about that myself, but at least in my mind I can somewhat rule out damage by other PEOPLE, because I hope I don't know anybody stupid enough to yank them, lol.
So what was it you were getting out of this?
Fish and Chips

Postby animechica » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:29 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1289234) wrote:So what was it you were getting out of this?

I meant gentle tugs, lol.

I just wanna have cute kitty ears that won't fall off my head! >w<
animechica

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:01 am

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1289215) wrote:Hmm, sounds like a good way for jerks to inflict pain and damage. I wouldn't do it. Why not make cat ears that attach to your hair, like the sorts of small combs that people leave in their hair? That way, you'll feel it, but at worst if someone gets too exuberant the ears just harmlessly slide out of your hair. Attaching things meant to be tugged to holes in your flesh just strikes me as problems looking to happen.

.rai//

This sounds like a better idea than attaching them to your ears. Everyone is right, if the wrong person gets a hold on them and tugs too hard, your ears would suffer... attaching them to your hair would be better.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby bakura_fan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:14 am

maybe see if you can use those magnetic earrings? if someone tugs too hard the magnets will seperate with no harm to your ear whatsoever. :)
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:21 am

Or, I just thought of an idea, if you're set on earrings, use clip ons!
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:26 am

You know... If the headband isn't working, they honestly make cat ears that clip in to your hair with berrets. Unless you're bald, they should be a good alternative.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Three options:

1: Get cat ears on a band with a comb on it to hold it in place.

2: Put cat ears on a ribbon, and tie the ribbon around your head.

3: Have cat ears surgically grafted to your skull.

I suggest pursuing the first two options, as they are much easier, and much cheaper.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby PrincessZelda » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:27 pm

But cat ears are supposed to be on top of your head, and not on the sides, like human ears...

I would just find some sort of cat ear hair clips, and put them on my hair
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:46 pm

I rest my earlier case... the hair clips/combs is the best idea.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Sounds like a "it seemed like a good idea at the time" type of thing. I can't imagine that you enjoy it when someone tugs on your ears now, so even a gentle tug wouldn't be fun with complicated piercings. Not to mention, cat ears aren't on the side...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:13 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1289415) wrote: Not to mention, cat ears aren't on the side...

This is true also.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby animechica » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1289428) wrote:This is true also.

Actually, half of the time the way I draw my cat ears is to the side, kind of like Chii's ears, only black and furry. ^_^

But to those who suggested magnets or clip ons, that actually seems like a really nice idea...

And I have thought of the barrette ones, but the only concern I have with them is that when I straighten my hair, clips tend to slide around it in a lot... T_T I should probably just put the effort in to try those though because I don't really want to pay out my nose for painful cartilage piercings, haha.
animechica

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1289367) wrote:I rest my earlier case... the hair clips/combs is the best idea.

It really is.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:58 am

Sapphi (post: 1289462) wrote:T_T I should probably just put the effort in to try those though because I don't really want to pay out my nose for painful cartilage piercings, haha.

And I don't see why you would want more piercings in your ears if you can accomplish the task in other ways. Because getting your loabs hurts enough, and I've heard it hurts worse to pierce any other part of your ear. So...

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Sapphi (post: 1289462) wrote:Actually, half of the time the way I draw my cat ears is to the side, kind of like Chii's ears, only black and furry. ^_^

But to those who suggested magnets or clip ons, that actually seems like a really nice idea...

And I have thought of the barrette ones, but the only concern I have with them is that when I straighten my hair, clips tend to slide around it in a lot... T_T I should probably just put the effort in to try those though because I don't really want to pay out my nose for painful cartilage piercings, haha.

Wait. You were considering extra piercings - expensive and particularly painful ones - to attach fake cat ears to your head?

I . . . I don't know what to say. Not that I think the wearing of cat ears is ridiculous* - I've certainly contemplated getting a pair, and would do it if I went to cons - but cartilage piercings, I think, are taking it too far. Go with the hair clips. Seriously.

.rai//

*Well, okay, let's be real here - it's pretty ridiculous. But there's ridiculous, and then there's ridiculous.
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby RandomBurrito » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:01 pm

You can find a pair of cat ears with hair clips on ebay, better than headbands. There are some nice and cute ones out there.
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
:hug:
RandomBurrito

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:18 pm

Sapphi (post: 1289251) wrote:I meant gentle tugs, lol.

I just wanna have cute kitty ears that won't fall off my head! >w<

FWIW: I have a dagger earring that I wear from time to time. When it's even "gently" tugged on, it's noticeably painful. I know a great many of my friends would playfully try to steal them from you. That would be all kinds of bad. :D Sounds like you're on the right track now, though. :thumb:
Mithrandir

Return to General