I's gettin' a kitty! :D

Talk about anything in here.

I's gettin' a kitty! :D

Postby Sheenar » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:22 pm

My friend's cat had kittens the day after Christmas. She posted pictures of them on Ravelry (which is kind of a Facebook for knitters and crocheters).

Now she knew how BADLY I have wanted a cat. I've wanted to have one for years. She talked to her husband and they have agreed to hold on to one of the kittens for me until I graduate in May!

For you folks that read my LJ, this is a repeat, sorry. I'm just really excited!

Other things that occured in my absence:
Pebbles turned 6 years old
I got a car
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:52 pm

SCORE! Kitties are wonderful, and everyone who isn't allergic should have one at some point in their lives. ^_^

Any thoughts about a name?

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Sheenar » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Her name is Marzipan --named after the candy.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:52 pm

congratulations.:)
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby bakura_fan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:29 pm

cool. My cat is most likely 4-5 weeks pregnant, and my mother in laws cat probably around 3-4 weeks. Oh joy. @_@ I'm excited/scared.

I'm happy for you though. looks absolutely adorable. ^_^
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Dante » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Ohh... Its cute! I miss the kitties at my grandmas house... (wants to role Sal Lee on his belly and blow on it... that cat is one of the few in the world that will allow you to do that... and even fall asleep on his back in your arms)... T_T I wish I could have pets!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Awww! I love kittens ^_^
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Now I can see the the kitty. At first the pic wasn't visible for me. she's so cute.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby ADXC » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Oh cool cat! Welcome back Sheenar! I was afraid you had left forever.
ADXC

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:52 pm

So cute! I love kitties! I haven't had a kitten in years. Makes me want another. Oh well...

Congrats!
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Kittens! Man, I'm sucker for cats and kittens! If only I wasn't allergic.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Doubleshadow (post: 1288993) wrote:Kittens! Man, I'm sucker for cats and kittens! If only I wasn't allergic.

Hey, I'm allergic, and I have two cats!

although, I did get 8 years of allergy shots more-or-less so I could get a pet... uh, yeah. I had really, really bad allergies though, so shots were necessary to keep me from being sick all the time.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Smile:) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:16 am

I'm allergic too. I just try not to hug my kitty too much.

Sheenar, your kitty is soo cute!
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 am

Smile:) (post: 1289010) wrote:I'm allergic too. I just try not to hug my kitty too much.

Sheenar, your kitty is soo cute!

Well, yeah. That would work, but my one cat is so sweet and cute its impossible to not hug her a lot! And, she likes to snuggle up beside of me at night, under the covers, right up next to my head. I do have the occasional allergic 'reaction' where I'm stuffed up and feel miserable for a few hours the day after, but its worth it. :)

Unless you're highly allergic, not a good idea :/

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:32 am

Yeah!!! Cats!!! They're rad. For reals. Congrats Sheenar.

Now if I could just have my dream of having a mountain lion as a pet come true...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am

That Dude (post: 1289054) wrote:Yeah!!! Cats!!! They're rad. For reals. Congrats Sheenar.

Now if I could just have my dream of having a mountain lion as a pet come true...

That sounds a little dangerous... o.o

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:49 am

I'd settle for a cheetah though, which are surprisingly easy to tame and extremely well tempered, they've been kept as pets for hundreds of years.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Smile:) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:50 am

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1289041) wrote:Well, yeah. That would work, but my one cat is so sweet and cute its impossible to not hug her a lot! And, she likes to snuggle up beside of me at night, under the covers, right up next to my head. I do have the occasional allergic 'reaction' where I'm stuffed up and feel miserable for a few hours the day after, but its worth it. :)

Unless you're highly allergic, not a good idea :/

I know what ya mean! Mine also likes to sleep on my clothes and get cat fur all over then.^.^

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:53 am

Smile:) (post: 1289083) wrote:I know what ya mean! Mine also likes to sleep on my cloths and get cat fur all over then.^.^

Yes, but no outfit is complete without a little cat fur! Especially a black outfit/shirt/pants/skirt/etc.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Smile:) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:59 am

Fantasy Dreamer wrote:Yes, but no outfit is complete without a little cat fur! Especially a black outfit/shirt/pants/skirt/etc.

Oh, but I planed ahead! My kitty is mostly black. ;)

Tho, this just means my white clothes are the one to suffer. :shady:

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:28 pm

[quote="Smile:) (post: 1289090)"]Oh, but I planed ahead! My kitty is mostly black. ]

lol. There is no way to beat it.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:57 pm

I don't have a cat, but I always hang out at my friend's Mark & Bubba's place and so I've kinda adopted their cat Hendrix. It's a cool kitty.
That Dude

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:59 pm

I have a barn cat, and hugging her requires putting whatever shirt I was wearing in the wash immediately! XD

"wah-choo!*
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:11 pm

That's the benefit of having indoor only cats.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Sheenar » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:24 am

I got to meet her last night! :D She is really cute and is a pretty laid-back kitten. She just hung out in my arms and was like, "this is different..." --she's a sweetheart.

My friend has new pictures of her on her camera --hopefully she'll upload them soon so I can share. :)

Sheenar

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Sheenar (post: 1289814) wrote:I got to meet her last night! :D She is really cute and is a pretty laid-back kitten. She just hung out in my arms and was like, "this is different..." --she's a sweetheart.

My friend has new pictures of her on her camera --hopefully she'll upload them soon so I can share. :)

Aww, I love developing a bond with a new kitten! Its such a sweet and rewarding process!!

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Sheenar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:52 pm

New pictures!

And here's one of Marzipan and her siblings Noodle and Neener (there are funny stories behind their names, but those will have to wait for another time!):

Enjoy! :D

Sheenar

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:56 am

They're so cute! I want one :o

Oh well, I already have two cats... but I only got the one while she was still a little kitten... I love kittens. They're so cute! Cats are still enjoyable, but I like getting them when they are just kittens. Again, oh well.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:02 am

Congrats for you but me being not exactly what one would call ordinary I would prefer a pet that's a bit out of the ordinary.
Robin Firedrake

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:32 am

Kawaii.
That Dude

Next

Return to General