Best Valentine Gift Ever - We're Engaged!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:23 pm

Now comes the fun part: Discovering what kind of man Nick is with wedding planning.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ich1990 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:28 pm

Congratulations.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:41 pm

I'm just glad we've finally revealed whether or not Ashley has hands.

I was really worried for awhile there.
Fish and Chips

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1288872) wrote:I'm just glad we've finally revealed whether or not Ashley has hands.

I was really worried for awhile there.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby CephasWhite » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Ashley (post: 1288745) wrote:Cap'n Nick and have I been dating for the past two and a half years now. We tried to keep a low profile around here, but most of you who talk to us regularly already knew this.

What you didn't know (until now) is that today, the most romantic day of the year, the good Cap'n proposed! I said yes, of course, so now we are engaged!

:o HOLY COW! THAT'S AWESOME!! :o Ashley I cannot express how happy I am for you. After all this time I thought you were still single! :grin:

♪]Here's the ring:

Image[/quote]

HOLY~! Is that olympic sized pool REAL?!?! :wow!:

Ashley (post: 1288745) wrote:Sorry, boys of CAA, this one is off the market now. :lol:

NOOOOOO~!!!!!!!!!!!! :waah!: J/K J/K J/K

But seriously, I am in joy. Congratulations dear Captain and Scottish gal! May your years of happiness endure!

*shrug* I guess the only thing left to say is...

Happy Valentine's Day Ash from the Irishman and Knight. Congrats again.

*Sword Salute*

Oh and Cap'n Nick...you've come a long way...so don't screw it up. -___- :P :lol:
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby bakura_fan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:20 am

aww. congrats to you both. :)
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby goldenspines » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:29 am

Awesome! Major congrats to you both! ^_^

That ring is gorgeous, by the way. *_* Lucky girl. :p
goldenspines

Postby Ashley » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:28 am

Shao wrote:So like, wedding soon? Are you gonna wait a MILLION months to get hitched? Long engagements make my impatient :3

Hardly. Neither of us wants a long engagement. We don't have a date yet, but I do not anticipate it lasting more than 6-8 months...especially since we are already looking at future plans in ministry together.

W4J wrote:Was it much of a surprise?

In some respects. I mean, we have been together for a while now and I knew he was serious about me... but no, I didn't know for sure. More like an inkling, I guess.
Ashley

Postby Sheenar » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Congratulations, Ashley! :D

I am so happy for you two!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Kaligraphic » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Ashley (post: 1288855) wrote:Or Asholas.

That's either an incinerated Legolas, or an attempt to evade the censors.

Either way, congratulations! You and the Cap'n can make it happen! (sorry)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Ashley (post: 1288855) wrote:And as for Captain Ashley...I certainly like that a lot better than Nishley. Or Asholas.

Asholas sounds like an elf played by Bruce Campbell. You know, LotR would have been interesting with him instead of Orlando Bloom . . .

What? Oh yeah, the ring.

Rock on! Glad to hear it. I knew you had been dating, but this is especially good news. Best wishes!

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:55 pm

Wah! Congrats! Gorgeous ring, he knows how to pick 'em! (rings and girls!)

Wishing you many years of happiness! Yay! When's the big day?
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Throw it in the fire and MAKE SURE it doesn't have that writing on it... You can never be too safe >_>
Robin Firedrake

Postby Ashley » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Fantasy Dreamer wrote:When's the big day?

No idea yet. That's been the #1 question so far, and we've been engaged barely 24 hours.
Ashley

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:15 pm

I'm sure you'll hear that question until you do pick a date! Then still hear it after because people are gonna wanna know when you're gettin' hitched!

Congrats again! I"m so excited for you... *sighs*
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:50 pm

You should pick a really random day or something, XD. Ah, so many things to plan and work out. Any girlhood wedding dreams you'd like to see fulfilled?
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Ashley » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:45 am

LadyRushia wrote:Any girlhood wedding dreams you'd like to see fulfilled?

The fact that I'm getting married is a pretty big one! I definitely want to have a church wedding, but I'm very open to outdoor receptions ... Nick got me a white gold ring, which was another dream ... um, I think that's about it, actually. I've got a lot of ideas but they'll all depend on the size of the guest list and the budget and all that fun stuff. Luckily, there are many, MANY beautiful places around where we live so it won't be hard finding somewhere spectacular.
Ashley

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:40 am

Ashley (post: 1288891) wrote:Hardly. Neither of us wants a long engagement. We don't have a date yet, but I do not anticipate it lasting more than 6-8 months...especially since we are already looking at future plans in ministry together.

6-8 months!? 2-3 days!
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:46 am

Ashley (post: 1289017) wrote:The fact that I'm getting married is a pretty big one! I definitely want to have a church wedding, but I'm very open to outdoor receptions ... Nick got me a white gold ring, which was another dream ... um, I think that's about it, actually. I've got a lot of ideas but they'll all depend on the size of the guest list and the budget and all that fun stuff. Luckily, there are many, MANY beautiful places around where we live so it won't be hard finding somewhere spectacular.

That sounds nice. when I get married, I want a church wedding as well. Outdoor reception would be nice, depending on the season I get married in and the weather outside. But outdoor anything could be ruined by weather, cause you can't predict what it will be on any certain day. At least not flawlessly, so make sure you have a back-up plan!
Shao Feng-Li (post: 1289026) wrote:6-8 months!? 2-3 days!

Um, wow. 2-3 days to plan a wedding? Maybe if you want to get married in Vegas!!

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:26 am

Wow I knew that you were going steady with someone, but I honestly didn't know that it was Cap'n Nick, congrats on the engagement you two! Make sure to make a post a thread with all the pics after your wedding!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:28 am

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1289037) wrote:That sounds nice. when I get married, I want a church wedding as well. Outdoor reception would be nice, depending on the season I get married in and the weather outside. But outdoor anything could be ruined by weather, cause you can't predict what it will be on any certain day. At least not flawlessly, so make sure you have a back-up plan!

Um, wow. 2-3 days to plan a wedding? Maybe if you want to get married in Vegas!!

Man: "As God as my witness, I promise to be your husband until death do us part."

Woman: "As God as my witness, I promise to be your wife until death do us part."

BAM! Married! Well... maybe not according to the state... but fine by God, lol Doesn't cost any money either!
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:47 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1289053) wrote:Man: "As God as my witness, I promise to be your husband until death do us part."

Woman: "As God as my witness, I promise to be your wife until death do us part."

BAM! Married! Well... maybe not according to the state... but fine by God, lol Doesn't cost any money either!

XD I think there needs to be a preacher involved... lol

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:52 am

Technically no, but witnesses are a good idea. And you always feel the pressure to stay honest when a preacher is involved, I think, lol. I'm mostly being silly though XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:44 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1289064) wrote:I'm mostly being silly though XD

Yeah, I can tell. *isn't meaning to post every other person* o.<

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Have you thought of color schemes for the wedding ^^? That's probably one of the funniest parts 8D
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby GeneD » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Congratulations!
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Kaligraphic » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:21 pm

While, strictly speaking, they could just enter into a de facto marriage without delay, humans discovered long ago that massively life-changing events like marriage are best celebrated with a party. (That's the original purpose of the engagement time - to allow guests and witnesses (and objectors, if any) sufficient travel and planning time to all be present at the party.)

Seriously, you ever try to travel on two days' notice? Yeah? That's why it's traditionally a bit longer.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1289092) wrote:Have you thought of color schemes for the wedding ^^? That's probably one of the funniest parts 8D

Did you really mean funniest? Or most fun?

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Mave » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:16 pm

New forum posting wrote:
Newbie: Hi everyone! I'm AshleyKid! I'm new to this forum but I've heard great things from my family and close friends! Hope I'll fit in nicely here. XD XD

CAA: Hi there! Welcome to the nuthouse! Your parents visit CAA often?

Newbie: LOL of course, my mama created CAA.

CAA: .......WHAT??!!! You mean your mama is our ASHLEY?!! Kid, this is not the goof off section, k? =)

Newbie: :0 But it's true! My mama is Ashley! She told me about this forum and said I could join. She said it's polite to introduce myself so I posted here!

CAA: Anyone smell a troll here? Next thing we know, someone's gonna come in and claim they're related to someone we know. Like....Steve's goldfish, UC's identifical twin sister, or OldMith's lost great grandaunt reincarnated. No more goofing off, n00b! We have rules on taking on false identities......eh we think.

Newbie: (T____T) You're all so mean! I'm gonna tell my mama!

CAA: Oh BOOHOO, that's right, you wicked thing! You go right to your FAKE MAMA and tell her what you've done! AWWWWW.....XP XP :bootout:

Ashley: *AHEM* I've been trying to keep this low profile but the kid's finally reach that CAA forum eligibility age. I can't believe you did this! That was not Christ-like at all. Now I have to go convince my kid that the Internet is not filled with a bunch of jerks. Well, actually it is but....not in this forum! Shame on all of you!!! I expect an official apology when I get back!

Steve: Uhhh folks, it's a little hard to believe but AshleyKid is really Ashley's kid. False alarm, no troll alert.

CapnNick: Dear, I told you we should have registered and logged her in together.

CAA: *seizures*
Seriously, my heartiest congratulations. We pray for His Joy & Love in this blessed upcoming union. God bless!
Mave

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:53 pm

You know, it'll be pretty strange in general when/if our kids join this forum, XD.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Previous Next

Return to General