Valentine's Day tomorrow

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:50 pm

Puguni (post: 1288292) wrote:Eat chocolate and go shopping with my single self. Best Valentine's day ever.

Ooh, I'd go shopping with you if I could \o.o/
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Tarnish » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1288323) wrote:Anyways I don't believe in Valentine's Day, because I think it's all a ploy to make the Hallmark people richer than they need to be.

So, in other words...it's a holiday.

Well, I won't let you try to crap on my parade! I like Valentines Day. I like the colors, the feel, even the shallowness of it. But I especially like giving out home-made fuzzy bunnies and chocolates to close friends and relatives. :D
Tarnish

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:56 pm

I will be hoping, but not expecting; I haven't decided if that's better or worse than just being single.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:06 pm

the hoping or expecting?

I'm still proud to be single... won't be single my whole life (hopefully) I plan to enjoy it while I can! Once I'm coupled or married (which in essence is the same thing) its a whole different ball game! Why, I'll be happy, and taken!

Seriously, I do look forward to find that 'special someone' but I'm content to be single for now. Ever heard the song "One Day Closer to you"? yeah, well, that's my theme song pretty much concerning my singleness...
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Mister Frodo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Kkun (post: 1288303) wrote:My plan is to get really wasted and make out with a couple of random girls.

So... how exactly is this different than every other day of the year, Jamie?

XD

Sadly, I have no "significant others," so I won't be doing anything special this Valentine's Day. Like every Valentine's Day. XD At least my wallet won't be getting lighter.
Mister Frodo

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Mister Frodo (post: 1288338) wrote:So... how exactly is this different than every other day of the year, Jamie?

Oh-ho! Well played, Mister Frodo! Well played, indeed! LOL
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:19 pm

The only difference with every other day for Jaime he usually doesn't get around to the latter.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:34 pm

Fantasy Dreamer wrote:the hoping or expecting?

I meant that I hope something will happen, but I'm expecting that it won't. Since I have a crush this year, I'm not sure if this will be better or worse than being single and not having one. But as much as I say I think Valentine's Day is dumb, my big reason for disliking it is because it makes me sad, XD.

That being said, I still get cute things from some of my friends.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:56 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1288344) wrote:I meant that I hope something will happen, but I'm expecting that it won't. Since I have a crush this year, I'm not sure if this will be better or worse than being single and not having one. But as much as I say I think Valentine's Day is dumb, my big reason for disliking it is because it makes me sad, XD.

That being said, I still get cute things from some of my friends.

Waaaaaaaah, Rushiar D:<

I have/had a feeling that something will happen with.. you know ^_________^

I'm having one of those Kareha moments,"Oo-lala <333" XDD
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:17 pm

nate wrote: Valentine's Day tomorrow

"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:50 pm

i'm single.

bleh
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Dante » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:56 pm

I donated 2 dollars to the NAU paintball club for valentines day... No, wait, I donated 2 dollars to the NAU paintball club because I think NAU's having a paintball "sports team" is totally awesome... and the fact that they were selling valentines day items was even more awesome...

So... yes. Though single, and I don't really care, I do support Valentines Day. VINCENT Valentines day :evil:. In fact, I should lose homework points (well maybe not...) and cosplay as Vincent for all of Valentines day... and see JUST HOW MANY NERDS AND OTAKUS WE REALLY HAVE AT NAU. THE COOLEST UNIVERSITY IN THE UNIVERSE

I mean... cause really. Does YOUR school have a paintball sports team? I didn't think so.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Kkun » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:24 pm

That Dude (post: 1288342) wrote:The only difference with every other day for Jaime he usually doesn't get around to the latter.

Natty Light and vodka ARE more fun than ornery women. I got 99 problems, but a...well, you know the rest.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:47 pm

Kkun (post: 1288379) wrote:Natty Light and vodka ARE more fun than ornery women. I got 99 problems, but a...well, you know the rest.

Jaime, as your friend I made this picture for you. It's your valentine's present.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:23 am

What's Valentine's Day? Happy 43rd anniversary of Australian decimal currency, everyone!
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:04 am

I'll be recovering from friday in the morning, sketching at a sketch jam in the afternoon and planning a D&D session for sunday afternoon, on saturday night.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:58 am

Tsukuyomi (post: 1288353) wrote:Waaaaaaaah, Rushiar D:<

I have/had a feeling that something will happen with.. you know ^_________^

I'm having one of those Kareha moments,"Oo-lala <333" XDD

I highly doubt it even though every conversation we've had (which hasn't been many) has been at least an hour, but they were all on Facebook, so yeah. I think it's better that I expect nothing so it won't suck as much when nothing happens, XD. I did talk to him a couple days ago, and that was interesting. I'll update my LJ about then when I have time.

But on a more awesome note, chocolate dinner is tonight. Also, my hall is now decorated with pretty hearts and pictures of everyone~!
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Kkun » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:16 am

Etoh*the*Greato (post: 1288380) wrote:Jaime, as your friend I made this picture for you. It's your valentine's present.

That is easily the sweetest thing anyone has ever given me.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:24 am

99 problems but a switch ain't one
If you got light problems I feel bad for ya, son
I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one
Hit me!

On topic, I shall be spending this Valentine's Day like I would any Saturday - asleep until I feel like getting out of bed. I will also be lending a friend my car so he can take his girlfriend out for dinner, so I think that makes up for my apathy.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby minakichan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:22 am

I got asked out casually for the night (no, not in that kind of way, and no, not in THAT kind of way) by this guy I've met once and really only know on the Interwebs. I politely did not answer.

Nate, you're just doing this topic to see how many people here are single and just want to sleep through Saturday, aren't you ^u^
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:30 am

The odds are actually starting to look pretty good that I won't be spending V-day with my one and only So many other things flying around in the air that need to be done...
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:57 am

Pascal (post: 1288373) wrote:I donated 2 dollars to the NAU paintball club for valentines day... No, wait, I donated 2 dollars to the NAU paintball club because I think NAU's having a paintball "sports team" is totally awesome... and the fact that they were selling valentines day items was even more awesome...

So... yes. Though single, and I don't really care, I do support Valentines Day. VINCENT Valentines day :evil:. In fact, I should lose homework points (well maybe not...) and cosplay as Vincent for all of Valentines day... and see JUST HOW MANY NERDS AND OTAKUS WE REALLY HAVE AT NAU. THE COOLEST UNIVERSITY IN THE UNIVERSE

I mean... cause really. Does YOUR school have a paintball sports team? I didn't think so.

No, but my school doesn't even have a football team, so why would they have a paintball sports team?

LadyRushia (post: 1288396) wrote:I highly doubt it even though every conversation we've had (which hasn't been many) has been at least an hour, but they were all on Facebook, so yeah. I think it's better that I expect nothing so it won't suck as much when nothing happens, XD. I did talk to him a couple days ago, and that was interesting. I'll update my LJ about then when I have time.

But on a more awesome note, chocolate dinner is tonight. Also, my hall is now decorated with pretty hearts and pictures of everyone~!

Decorations! And hope things work out for you, but its a good idea not to get your hopes up. Good thinking. Won't be as disappointed if nothing does happen. Have a good V-day regardless!
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby ich1990 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:22 am

Pascal wrote:I mean... cause really. Does YOUR school have a paintball sports team?

Yes. Also, our football team has a perfect record. Zero losses. Ever.

[spoiler]Of course, it disbanded a hundred years ago, after playing two games.[/spoiler]
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:58 am

chibiphonebooth (post: 1288372) wrote:i'm single.

bleh

We should hang out :D

Tarnish wrote:Well, I won't let you try to crap on my parade!

lol, mental images.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Sheol777 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:29 am

I am part of a drama team in our church designed for family nights. Someone had the bright idea of putting together a kids night on V-Day...so I will be making kids laugh.

..also, when I was a lad, once we had an anti-Valentine's night. So to this day V-day reminds me of the first time I saw The Texas Chanisaw Massacre.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby minakichan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:47 am

Oh. My. Crapcakes.

So my school's all-male a cappella group (appropriately named The Logarhythms) does these Valentine Serenades every year where you can pay them to come into your sweetheart's class and sing for them in front of everyone there. I'm sitting in my Linear Algebra lecture when an Asian guy in a dress shirt comes in asking "Excuse me, professor, may we come in an deliver a message of love?"

About 10ish nicely-dressed guys accost this petite Asian girl; one of them kneels down and offers his knee as a "seat" for her, and then they start singing...

"Oooh... Never gonna... Never gonna... Never gonna give..."
(At this point I freeze in mock dread. "No... it can't be...")

"We're no strangers to lo~ove..."
(Aaaand now I am having a seizure.)

It was GREAT, and TOTALLY NOT CAMP AT ALL (<-- lies). Those boys sounded GOOD.

And then my LinAlg professor is like "Well OK, 18.06 has just been rickrolled. Now, onto permutation matrices..."

[SIZE="1"]I would totally get a boyfriend or girlfriend just so I could be publicly rickrolled in a 200-seat lecture hall XD[/SIZE]
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:33 am

minakichan (post: 1288455) wrote:Oh. My. Crapcakes.

So my school's all-male a cappella group (appropriately named The Logarhythms) does these Valentine Serenades every year where you can pay them to come into your sweetheart's class and sing for them in front of everyone there. I'm sitting in my Linear Algebra lecture when an Asian guy in a dress shirt comes in asking "Excuse me, professor, may we come in an deliver a message of love?"

About 10ish nicely-dressed guys accost this petite Asian girl]"No... it can't be..."[/I])

"We're no strangers to lo~ove..."
(Aaaand now I am having a seizure.)

It was GREAT, and TOTALLY NOT CAMP AT ALL (<-- lies). Those boys sounded GOOD.

And then my LinAlg professor is like "Well OK, 18.06 has just been rickrolled. Now, onto permutation matrices..."

[SIZE="1"]I would totally get a boyfriend or girlfriend just so I could be publicly rickrolled in a 200-seat lecture hall XD[/SIZE]

That is completely amazing. I would date a guy who arranged that for me, XDDDD.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Ummm, V-Day cookie 8D
Tsukuyomi

Postby That Dude » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:22 pm

I'm going to spend my valentines day belaying for a bunch of people who are most likely actually celebrating V-day. But that's totally cool with me. I'm one of those people who sees it like any other day.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Song_of_Storms » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:43 pm

[SIZE="1"]Valentine's Day is special to me solely because of the aisles and aisles of heart-shaped chocolate, and giving death-glares to couples. Yes, I realize buying myself a Valentine might be deemed "pathetic", but how else will I get specially shaped candy?

Along with the chocolate I plan to give myself, (Thanks, me) I will re-play Dirge of Cerberus and watch Vincent Valentine AMVs. What bliss. (Okay, maybe I'll throw in a shoujo) [/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Previous Next

Return to General