The Greatest scenes in anime history (Dramatic)

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

The Greatest scenes in anime history (Dramatic)

Postby roadoffew » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:44 pm

I recently saw a video on youtube that was very dramatic and powerful. It was from "Clannad" where Kotomi broke down after seeing a car accident. I remember only one other anime scene that was as powerful to me, which was from Junkers,come here. I wanted to start a playlist of the best anime scenes of the Dramatic type. the ones that are well written with amazing voice work and just stick with you. However I only know of two and only one youtube video of just the scene itself.

So I'm asking you to choose what you think is the top anime scenes (Dramatic) and try to find a youtube clip of just that scene. If you find it post it here and I'll add it to my playlist.

And for the record my picks are (in no order)
-Kotomi's Breakdown (Clannad)
-Hiromi speech/confession to her parents about their potential divorce (Junkers, Come Here)
-A tie between the Chimera scene in Episode 7 & Edwards speech to Winry in Episode 8 (Full Metal Alchemist).

To see playlist so far follow this link.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BlueDragonOfUNA&view=playlists
roadoffew

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:29 pm

All of Monster would probably win. XD

I guess this would be one example out of many:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLkdVE97NOE
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:07 pm

As silly as this may sound, I think the end sequence of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" counts because of the now viral "Hare Hare Youkai" dance. Even though it's not Dramatic, the dance sure is to me!

In my book, a close second would be the final sequence of "Cowboy Bebop". I'm not going to spoil it just in case, but still...that one word...that one scene...spoke volumes.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby roadoffew » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:27 pm

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1287417) wrote:As silly as this may sound, I think the end sequence of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" counts because of the now viral "Hare Hare Youkai" dance. Even though it's not Dramatic, the dance sure is to me!
Lets says that for if I ever do a "greatest moments DANCE or Fun edition list.

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1287417) wrote:In my book, a close second would be the final sequence of "Cowboy Bebop". I'm not going to spoil it just in case, but still...that one word...that one scene...spoke volumes.

you mean "bang"?
roadoffew

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:47 am

The chimera thing from FMA made me cry in both the anime and manga versions. And when I say "cry", I mean "sob like a baby".
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:41 am

Let's see... Out of all the anime I've seen (lol), it would have to be the final scene outta Cowboy Bebop. Of course, that was like the first episode I ever saw :\
Shao Feng-Li

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:10 pm

I love the part in the last episode of Haibane Renmei where Reki is half out of her mind over being sin-bound and not being able to break free of her sin. In one scene you see her spinning around and saying aloud, "This town is my prison. The walls are a symbol of my death." I really love that entire episode but that particular scene was captivating. As well as the transgression between Rakka and Reki during that moment where Reki tells her, "for what I needed, you could've been anybody"

It pulls you in to what made that anime so wonderful, its emotion. :D

I'm sure I could think of others but that one is all that comes to mind at this moment.
yukoxholic

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:33 pm

I agree with you there, yuko.
One of my favorite scenes is when Chihiro heals Haku with that stone and the boilerman says "It's something you don't recognize. It's called love."
I also like the scene where we see Setsuna's ghost in Grave of the Fireflies. That is such a sad, but touching scene.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby roadoffew » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:01 pm

If I could get a youtube link to the scenes you are talking about I add them to my playlist. If you can only find a "Part #/#" video that contains other stuff Ill look at it and see if it will still work.

Add I few recently so check the link in the first post.
roadoffew

Postby blkmage » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:40 pm

So far, I've got Takaki and Akari's final meeting from 5 Centimetres per Second and Miyako's 100 voice messages from ef - a tale of memories. The first because of the context and the second because the application of SHAFT's weird style makes this scene.

I'm sure I'll have at least one or two more once Clannad After Story finishes in two months.
blkmage

Postby battletech » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:07 am

The end fo the first season of Sailor Moon .
What can be more dramatic then something that made people cry and call the tv station?
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby TriezGamer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:02 pm

blkmage (post: 1287840) wrote:I'm sure I'll have at least one or two more once Clannad After Story finishes in two months.

Not that it hasn't enough already ... but no need to spoil it so soon. :sniffle:
Embraced by a gentle breeze, my heart breaks as I think of you.
All alone at the top of the hill, I watch as the seasons go by.
--
Wishing for courage softly, I pray.
There's no going back now, to those tender days when you held me in your arms.

MOES "I can has Sane Sig now?"
TriezGamer

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:16 pm

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:
In my book, a close second would be the final sequence of "Cowboy Bebop". I'm not going to spoil it just in case, but still...that one word...that one scene...spoke volumes.

I agree! I love and hate that scene for these reasons:

[SPOILER]Like you said, it speaks volumes, but he dies. That's the impression we're left with and considering how awesome Spike is, that just sucks![/SPOILER]

And I can't think of any moments for me, but if I do I'll post again!
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:09 am

Dio Brando dropping a tanker truck on Jotaro frozen in time. I get emotional every time because it was supposed to be a steam roller.

Seriously though, the scene in Satoshi Kon's Millennium Actress where our main heroine encounters the officer with the scar years after the war in the Pacific ended. I won't dare spoil it for people who haven't seen it, but it's definitely one of the most memorable scenes in the entire film.
Fish and Chips

Postby roadoffew » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:10 am

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1287971) wrote:[SPOILER]Like you said, it speaks volumes, but he dies. That's the impression we're left with and considering how awesome Spike is, that just sucks![/SPOILER]

I have no proof of this but a friend of mine said that when someone was interviewing The director of Cowboy Bebop they asked about that and He said this..
[SPOILER] "what? death? Who told you he died? we didn't say he died"[/SPOILER]
roadoffew

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:37 am

Just a few I thought of off the top of my head:

Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade - The ending scene is partly why I love the movie so much. It starts and ends kind of slow and soft, but the part in the middle is so dramatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ce7N0aP6Uk

Full Metal Alchemist - The very beginning. I was instantly hooked after the first couple of minutes of the first episode. It's so dramatic, and even though you have no clue what's going on if you're new to the story, you just want to find out more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh4ygWbDCYw (watch till 2:50)

Wolf's Rain - A death scene towards the end. Tsume, my favorite character, gets very emotional, and every time I watch this scene I get tears in my eyes. It's even more dramatic when you watch the last four episodes back-to-back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKmZ9GqFwzU
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Shiningmonk_e » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:36 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1287665) wrote:The chimera thing from FMA made me cry in both the anime and manga versions. And when I say "cry", I mean "sob like a baby".

I didn't cry at that part but FMA did make me cry when [spoiler] Mayes Hughes died T_T lol.[/spoiler]
"Who is this?" they said to Me
'That the wind and waves obey
Come, let's hang Him on a tree
That His reign should pass away'
But here I am I say to you
Though you turn away, it is My will
To love you for forevermore
Peace be still, peace be still
-Showbread-the Sky(alpha)
Shiningmonk_e

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:00 pm

roadoffew (post: 1288078) wrote:I have no proof of this but a friend of mine said that when someone was interviewing The director of Cowboy Bebop they asked about that and He said this..
[SPOILER] "what? death? Who told you he died? we didn't say he died"[/SPOILER]

Well, they should have ended it differently cause that's what everyone thought!!!

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1288130) wrote:Just a few I thought of off the top of my head:

Full Metal Alchemist - The very beginning. I was instantly hooked after the first couple of minutes of the first episode. It's so dramatic, and even though you have no clue what's going on if you're new to the story, you just want to find out more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh4ygWbDCYw (watch till 2:50)

Wolf's Rain - A death scene towards the end. Tsume, my favorite character, gets very emotional, and every time I watch this scene I get tears in my eyes. It's even more dramatic when you watch the last four episodes back-to-back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKmZ9GqFwzU

Agreed. On both of those.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby nanikore » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:06 pm

In Maison Ikkoku, the answer Kyoko gave when Godai proposed to her:

"Promise me, out-live me, if only for one day..."

That made me cry.
Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 1 Corinthians 20-21
nanikore

Postby Puguni » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:32 pm

I haven't watched all that much in a while, but I remember some.

I haven't finished Kaiba, but every episode I've seen so far brings heartache. While I'd only recommend this to an older audience, it's really good. The episode with the old couple was sweet and sad. I kick myself for watching the Chroniko clip on youtube, because that was gripping too. Sorry I can't make them poignant with one word sentences, lol. Can't really describe how sad it is.

Also, Princess Tutu, when Mute/Mytho finally found his princess.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Puguni (post: 1288311) wrote:I haven't finished Kaiba, but every episode I've seen so far brings heartache. While I'd only recommend this to an older audience, it's really good. The episode with the old couple was sweet and sad. I kick myself for watching the Chroniko clip on youtube, because that was gripping too. Sorry I can't make them poignant with one word sentences, lol. Can't really describe how sad it is.
Chroniko's boots...
Fish and Chips

Postby Aileen Kailum » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:47 pm

Episode 11 of Paranoia Agent comes to mind.

[spoiler] The scene where Detective Ikari's wife confronts Lil' Slugger and basically reads him his mail. [/spoiler]
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
Aileen Kailum

Postby Roz » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:43 am

Episode 22 of Chrono Crusade (even though I don't really like the anime, it has some really iffy parts in it IMHO). The part with Satella and her sister and when the little girl sings to her. I was sobbing.

I couldn't find a clip, I'm sorry.
Roz

Postby blkmage » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:59 am

Turns out I was right in waiting, because Clannad After Story 18 is the best episode of the series so far in this respect. Yes, better than AS 16.
[spoiler]"Tell me about mommy..."
"But it was the first thing from daddy..."
"Places I can cry are in the bathroom... and in daddy's arms..."
"Nagisa... Nagisa... Nagisa..."[/spoiler]
;_;
blkmage

Postby TriezGamer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 am

Yeah. That episode brought me to tears.
Embraced by a gentle breeze, my heart breaks as I think of you.
All alone at the top of the hill, I watch as the seasons go by.
--
Wishing for courage softly, I pray.
There's no going back now, to those tender days when you held me in your arms.

MOES "I can has Sane Sig now?"
TriezGamer

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:59 am

The final confrontation between Achika, Tenchi Masaki's mother and Kain in Tenchi In Love.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Whitefang » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:56 am

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1288130) wrote:

You've got the quote in your sig! And yeah, that is definitely one of the best scenes in the series. It really shows a different side of Tsume.

For me, the greatest scene I've seen is from Samurai X during the last few scenes before the epilogue. Seijuro Hiko's monologue at the beginning is pretty good and dramatic, too.
"It's not easy to act in the name of justice."

"Justice is not the only right in this world"
Whitefang

Postby crazypackersfan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:05 am

Bleach episode 60... Aizen stabs Momo. Even though I knew Aizen was evil, I still let out a huge gasp when I saw it.
Anime Bowl (my blog) - the most unusual anime blog possible
crazypackersfan

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:35 am

Whitefang (post: 1289584) wrote:You've got the quote in your sig! And yeah, that is definitely one of the best scenes in the series. It really shows a different side of Tsume.

:dance: HO YEAH!!! When I heard him say that line in English for the first time, I actually sobbed.

And I can't find a clip of it, but another really dramatic part is in episode 24 of FMA, when Ed asks Al, "Do you hate me?"
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Shadowfax » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:14 pm

A certain girl's death in Kanon 2006. I know for most people that probably isn't intense at all, a lot of people didn't like her character at all either... but for me, who saw my Dad go through a very slow terminal illness until it finally took him last year... watching Yuuichi take care of her, love her, make her happy, even if it means breaking his heart in terrible pain afterwards... giving his all selflessly and then watching her die in front of her anyway... struck a little close to home here. :sniffle: That was one of the greatest and most intense anime moments for me.

It had been so long since an anime made me cry. And if my Mom said the ending of Fruits Basket almost made her cry, just wait til I buy the complete Kanon 2006 collection this April. :angel:
[SIZE="1"]"This is only the beginning."[/SIZE]
Shadowfax

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews