1000 posts in a month? Over ambitious much?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1287997) wrote:This is false. Do not grave dig. If we catch you grave digging we will send Steve to your house to eat your children and pets.

Seriously though don't grave dig. 8( We don't like it.

I told a customer today that if they chose to decline our services today we would arrive at their house and break their knees. I did it with an italian accent.

[SIZE="1"]Also, my mic was on mute.[/SIZE]
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:05 pm

ich1990 (post: 1287993) wrote:Grave digging also works well.

Haha, I'm pretty sure this part was a joke XD Still though, grave digging is a BIG no no. Unless, you really really really have something important and insightful to contribute, but that's still kinda cutting it close :P
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:26 am

Goof off USED to be good until they changed it so the posts don't count in there! XD

Anyway, I don't like gravedigging ether. Personally, its dirty and backbreaking work, and nobody cares about what you dig up anymore! So, none of that. But yes, I figured the Who's Who thread will help, but didn't think about the birthday one!

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'm still trying! But I haven't even broke 400 yet, so its seeming kind of hopeless *sigh*
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:02 am

It's not hopele- wow, you've been here about as long as I have... XD
We'll just keep talking to you :D
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:59 am

Lol, just keep at it :) You're at 388 (unless your posting as I'm posting here.. you're not on so scratch that), so that's pretty good on hitting/breaking 400 ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1288113) wrote:It's not hopele- wow, you've been here about as long as I have... XD
We'll just keep talking to you :D

XD Gee, thanks. That's a good idea!

We'll keep posting here and my count is bound to go up... right?
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:34 pm

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1288155) wrote:XD Gee, thanks. That's a good idea!

We'll keep posting here and my count is bound to go up... right?

Yay, you broke 400 \o.o/ Only 600 post to go XDD;;

Hmmm, I wonder if this thread would be alright to ask some stuff about you ^^? You've been here a while (you joined a month after me \o.o/), but I don't really know alot about you XD

Cliche Question: What's your favorite anime?
Tsukuyomi

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:36 pm

I didnt think Goof off posts counted XD.

I don't take much stock in post count...although I do have yearly goals that I think would be fun if I met but I don't go out of my way to do it XD.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:53 pm

In keeping with Tsuki, what's your favorite manga?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1288243) wrote:Yay, you broke 400 \o.o/ Only 600 post to go XDD]

That Dude (post: 1288257) wrote:In keeping with Tsuki, what's your favorite manga?

What? You guys expect me to pick just one? Seriously? No, seriously! XD

Um, some favorites of both anime and manga include:

FMA, Fruits Basket, Rurouni Kenshin, Ouran High School Host club.

And animes that are some of my favorites that I haven't read the manga of are:

Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Baccano (doesn't have a manga though), and... I can't think of any more XD

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Puguni » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:27 pm

It's actually really easy. All you have to do is go to the, "What am I watching now" threads on various forums and post every hour.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Just post a lot in the "what am i listening to now" thread. Like right after you see anybody else post there. Your post count will increase quite a bit.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:48 pm

I've actually been in the 'what song is stuck in your head' (or whatever its actually called XD) thread. Its working, slowly, but surely.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:29 pm

DOUBLE POST!

BUMP!!!!

Um, yeah, so 471 is pretty exciting right now. Its only Monday, too! I'll definitely break 500 this week. Think I should go for 600 (for the end of this week that is)? or maybe 550, just to be sure...

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:36 pm

I think you should! You're on a roll :D
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:09 am

It is getting easier to think of things to say in my posts... where as before, when I read a thread I thought "That's nice" and didn't post anything 90% of the time.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Evran » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:46 am

Lol, this thread describes how I feel in a way. I think I may be a bit more of a lurker than I intend.

It's funny though, I feel a real sense of community at CAA, a sense of belonging. Irony would have it, however, that I'm virtually an unknown here. Completely my fault due to my lurking tendencies, but still :P.

Good luck with the raising of your post count, I shall endeavor with the same.
Evran

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:17 am

I just had a horrible thought. What if the mods moved this to goof off? All those posts lost...

[MODS: We would wait to do that until she was just barely over 1000.]
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Evran (post: 1289267) wrote:Lol, this thread describes how I feel in a way. I think I may be a bit more of a lurker than I intend.

It's funny though, I feel a real sense of community at CAA, a sense of belonging. Irony would have it, however, that I'm virtually an unknown here. Completely my fault due to my lurking tendencies, but still :P.

Good luck with the raising of your post count, I shall endeavor with the same.

I feel the same way! Its like 'home' in a way, I'm really comfortable, but I don't think many people know who I am because I 'browse' instead of post. Thus why I am setting out to change that.

Etoh*the*Greato (post: 1289274) wrote:I just had a horrible thought. What if the mods moved this to goof off? All those posts lost...

[MODS: We would wait to do that until she was just barely over 1000.]

That would be horrible!XD Although, I could see them doing that.

But you know something. I've seen some members here that have been here over a year and have less than 100 posts, so suddenly, I don't feel as inactive anymore. XD

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:45 am

I think you'll hit 1000 by the middle of next month. It looks like you're going to be getting to around 700 by the end of this month.
That Dude

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:13 am

700 by the end of this month!? In other words, I'll hit 700 by the end of this week. That's 130 more posts between now and Saturday!!!

Ok, maybe I could do it... given that the forums are extremely active between now and then and I can post on just about every other forum... its not impossible... just improbable. XD

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby animewarrior » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:55 pm

good luck!
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:53 pm

Thanks! XD I've almost come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to make it. But I'm becoming more active on the forum, which is good enough for me! I'm still gonna try though.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:28 pm

So.... time for an update. I said I had 'til March 10 because that's when I started the whole '1000 posts in a month' thing. So, as of today, I have five more days until my month is up. And I only have 721 posts. XD I'm not going to make it... because even if I can reach 800 by Friday, that leaves 200 more posts to go in the span of four days. Impossible? Maybe not. Improbable? For me it is. @_@

I know I won't make it, but that's ok. As close to 1000 as I can get is good enough for me. I've significantly increased my post count and became a lot more active on the forum (which was my goal to begin with). So, that being said, I won't give up yet! I'll keep trying even though its hopeless, and see just how close I can get before time is up!

March 10, 2009 at 12:00 AM is my deadline. Wish me luck!

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Wind » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:35 pm

I feel like so inactive here I have been her for four years and I barely over 600posts
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:27 am

That was me, Wind, which is why I started this. I want/wanted to be more active, and I knew that unless I had a goal to accomplish, I'd never do it (because I'm a horrible procrastinator that way). So here I am... it worked. o.o

Now we just have to wait and see if I'm still just as active after March 11. XD

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Purplefire » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:45 pm

It's always easier to get more posts when you have people to go back and forth with. I remember on a different forum, I looked at my post count and said, "Whoa! Over 3,000? I guess another member and I had a really good discussion on a couple of threads."

You can do it, Fantasy Dreamer!! I have confidence in you!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:47 pm

Haha, thanks. Yeah, it doesn't help that sometimes the forums are very inactive. -.-

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Purplefire » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Or that sometimes you just do not feel like you can add anything intelligent to the conversation? That happens to me more often than not. There is usually a lot of good stuff on the various threads but usually I can not figure out how to make a good response.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Same here. That's when I usually just end up quoting and agreeing with what someone else has already said. You know, 'cause I'm not creative enough to quote them and add to what they've already said. Nooo, I'd rather use their words instead of mine and just second them. XD

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Previous Next

Return to General