What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby eternalprincess » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:42 am

Speed Racer

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby Kkun » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:35 pm

Les Diaboliques.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby shade of dae » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:09 pm

Just watched Big Fish, and my family and I thought it was a great movie. Seeing Obi-Wan as a circus hand, however,was rather disconcerting.
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby Sheol777 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:23 am

Hellboy 2
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby ich1990 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:27 am

Big Fish

Great movie. It basically affirmed my Dad's lifestyle.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:25 pm

shade of dae (post: 1285798) wrote:Just watched Big Fish, and my family and I thought it was a great movie. Seeing Obi-Wan as a circus hand, however,was rather disconcerting.

ich1990 wrote:Big Fish

Great movie. It basically affirmed my Dad's lifestyle.
Glad to hear you two enjoyed it. You know, it's interesting that I've observed that everybody I know who has seen Big Fish basically identifies Edward Bloom with their own dad. In my case, for example, my dad's big secret is a lot of what he did with the military before I was born, so a big chunk of his life remains a mystery to my family and I.
GhostontheNet

Postby Kurama » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Last movie at the time was Speed Racer last night. Oh gosh I love that movie.
Kurama

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:49 am

Tonight I watched Vincent, Frankenweenie, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
GhostontheNet

Postby Sheol777 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:41 am

The Godfather
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby GeneD » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:30 am

27 Dresses, enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:20 pm

This weekend I watched Witch Hunter Robin, The Ring, The Tingler, and Doctor Who: Genesis of the Daleks with my friends the Coyles.
GhostontheNet

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:30 pm

I saw "The Hunt For Red October" on Blu-Ray the other night. My dad was stoked......seeing it in hi-def with Dolby Digital Sound 5.1. It was a good way to end celebrating his birthday.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:48 am

Alien.

And I know people are probably gonna get on my case for this, but...I liked it a whole lot more than Blade Runner. I'm still not exactly sure what it was about Blade Runner that threw me off, but Alien was very appealing to me. I loved the lighting, the acting...everything technical about it was awesome. Even the alien didn't look very cheesy at all. Definitely not like it was made thirty years ago. And it was so tense. And gross, but this time I watched the theatrical version instead of the director's cut, which probably helped some with that. I was so tense through most of the movie, and when it came to the end, my muscles hurt because I'd been so tense for so long.

It was also fun to see actors like Sigourney Weaver or Ian Holm looking so much younger than I'm used to :grin:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Blade Runner admittedly is a movie that you might like more the second time you saw it or you wont like it at all. Some people love it some people don't, it's as simple as that, so there's nothing wrong with disliking it. :)

That said, comparing Alien with Blade Runner is kind of like comparing apples with watermelons. ;) :P
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:37 pm

I watched Andrei Rublev, a Russian movie about Russia's most famous medieval icon-painter. It's a movie that should be approached on it's own terms; if you expect a standard epic you'll be disappointed, but if you like unique film experiences then this is the movie for you.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby CephasWhite » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:09 pm

I watched Wall E again. Cute movie. ;) Awesome too.
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:16 am

Tonight I watched Big Fish.
GhostontheNet

Postby Scarecrow » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:33 am

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1288133) wrote:Alien.

And I know people are probably gonna get on my case for this, but...I liked it a whole lot more than Blade Runner. I'm still not exactly sure what it was about Blade Runner that threw me off, but Alien was very appealing to me. I loved the lighting, the acting...everything technical about it was awesome. Even the alien didn't look very cheesy at all. Definitely not like it was made thirty years ago. And it was so tense. And gross, but this time I watched the theatrical version instead of the director's cut, which probably helped some with that. I was so tense through most of the movie, and when it came to the end, my muscles hurt because I'd been so tense for so long.

It was also fun to see actors like Sigourney Weaver or Ian Holm looking so much younger than I'm used to :grin:

Oo actually I agree... I never really cared for Blade Runner either. And if you thought Alien was good, you should see Aliens!!! Alien and Aliens are two different types of movies but I prefer Aliens... just stay away from 3 and 4 >.< 3 ruins everything 2 had going for it and 4 just plain out sucks. And the special effects in Aliens are better than both 1 and 3 (3 they try to use CGI but it wasn't ready yet back then so it just looks like crap). I love how they did the Queen alien at the end. Watching the behind the scenes on that stuff is fascinating. Not like all this CGI stuff they do today.

Anyway, I watched Pineapple Express last night. I was quite hesitant to watch it cause I thought it was gonna be one of those really raunchy loser movies with a bunch of gross humor but it really wasn't at all and actually turned out way better than I thought it would. I actually found it quite hilarious.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Sheol777 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:35 am

Blade Runner is overrated.

Watched Hulk vs. Thor/Wolverine
Sheol777

Postby KagayakiWashi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:46 am

The other night I watched a horrible hilarious movie called "Trinity Goes East". Afterward, my friends and I watched something a little better in quality; "My Name is Nobody". Then I watched part of "Te Deum" and then finished that movie yesterday. Really bizarre western.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
KagayakiWashi

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:41 pm

I just finished watching The Goonies.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:43 pm

What is all this bash Blade Runner rubbish? As a science fiction film, it's deep and immersive cinematic environment set in a neon world of future noir is enough to make it a classic before we even get to its powerful thematic and symbolic resonance. As for me, I just finished watching Blazing Saddles.
GhostontheNet

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:10 pm

Coraline in 3d..... Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Go see it now
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby minakichan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:12 am

...Pink Panther 2.

>______>;;;;

Eh. It was pretty funny. =/
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Kkun » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:43 am

Scarecrow (post: 1288388) wrote:Oo actually I agree... I never really cared for Blade Runner either. And if you thought Alien was good, you should see Aliens!!! Alien and Aliens are two different types of movies but I prefer Aliens... just stay away from 3 and 4 >.< 3 ruins everything 2 had going for it and 4 just plain out sucks. And the special effects in Aliens are better than both 1 and 3 (3 they try to use CGI but it wasn't ready yet back then so it just looks like crap). I love how they did the Queen alien at the end. Watching the behind the scenes on that stuff is fascinating. Not like all this CGI stuff they do today.

Anyway, I watched Pineapple Express last night. I was quite hesitant to watch it cause I thought it was gonna be one of those really raunchy loser movies with a bunch of gross humor but it really wasn't at all and actually turned out way better than I thought it would. I actually found it quite hilarious.

Man, I usually LOATHE anything that passes through Judd Apatow's withering touch, but I really enjoyed Pineapple Express. James Franco was fantastic in it and Seth Rogen annoyed me a little less than he usually does. Once it goes all Hot Fuzz at the end, it's even better.

Also, I'm gonna back Ghost up on this one: why the Blade Runner hate? : |
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:52 am

Just rented Cube last night. I'm really not sure if I like it or not. I dug the tense atmosphere and psychological aspect, but although using simple human interaction and character development to propel the movie was an interesting idea, any story or plot at all would have been appreciated. Also, the scenery got repetetive before long. I think I'm gonna have to watch it again, but probably not anytime soon.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:53 am

I've been trying to get through these westerns I bought. I watched "Revenge of Trinity" the other day; it had nothing to do with the other Trinity movies (Except that Terrence Hill was in it). It was pretty terrible. Yesterday I watched "The Still Call Me Trinity" (which was pretty enjoyable this time around) and "Blackie the Pirate"......finishing the day off (or rather starting this day off) with "The Mothman Prophecies".
KagayakiWashi

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:51 pm

I just finished watching Edward Scissorhands. Thanks for the support, Kkun!
GhostontheNet

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:07 pm

My roommate has yet to see The Dark Knight (I know, she's deprived) so hopefully we will get to watch that some time this week, and maybe with our friends. Fun!
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:30 pm

I just finished watching Brand On The Brain.
GhostontheNet

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment