Conventions 2008!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby AsianBlossom » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Sorry to double-post, but what did you all who went to Metrocon think of today's first day?

And did anyone see a girl with brown hair in a ponytail wearing a blue crane yukata /w golden obi (and carrying a big blue and white golf umbrella like a walking stick) and walking around with a taller boy with really dark brown hair, big glasses, and a Solid Snake costume?

Yeah, that was me and my brother. :P

Saw some interesting costumes today, but one that really stood out for me was this one guy in a Rob Lucci costume...that was the first One Piece costume I saw today, and it was probably the best. He even had a little fuzzy bird on his shoulder.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby NekoChan_C » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Metro's first day was...short, to me. I didn't get there until after 7pm, and by then everyone was either chatting in the main entryway or going to the Masquerade... I got to see Eyeshine, though!!! <333
Johnny Yong Bosch: Literally my ONLY celebrity crush! ^///^
So tomorrow... anyone going? Anyone cosplaying? I think I'm gonna wear my chinese outfit (since the baby makes my cosplay clothes not fit!! ;_;) for the day*, then I have a sort of steampunk/goth type dress for the concert and rave... at least, that's the plan...

YAY for the Chess match!!!

*I'm adding a pic of the costume, in case anyone wants to find me!
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:03 am

Yeah, we're going today...not sure how long we're staying though, but we're planning on the Chess Match and the Superhero Fight Show. And my brother wanted to see what the "Best AMV Block 2" thing was about, since we're not going tomorrow to see the AMV contest winners (hopefully someone will record it and put it on YouTube XD). I'm hoping that after this weekend I'll be able to put up my AMV on YouTube...I know my brother is.

The other thing that bugs me is that there was some cute stuff in the dealer room (like this adorable set of vinyl One Piece pins) but I didn't want to buy them even though I'm a pin collector because I wasn't sure if they were official or not. *sighs*

And then there were bootleg CDs...like the Dance Dance Revolution Extreme CD I found, and that's my favorite version of the game. XO

But yeah, we'll be there today. And we're going casual instead of dressing up because we got soaked (or at least I did) trying to get out to my car in the afternoon. :P A wet yukata isn't a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong, we had a huge golf umbrella with us, but two people trying to control one umbrella? Not exactly the best way to stay dry. :lol:

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby NekoChan_C » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:14 am

awww, well, look out for me! I'll have my junior Otaku with me today, so if you see a frazzled redhead in a chinese dress and 2 fidgety kids... that's us. ;)
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby AsianBlossom » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:47 am

Anyone see the AMV contest at 3 p.m. on Sunday or at 10 p.m. on Saturday? We didn't go on Sunday, but I was wondering if anyone was watching because both me and my brother submitted AMVs to the contest.

AsianBlossom

Postby Kurama » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:28 pm

AsianBlossom (post: 1246250) wrote:Sorry to double-post, but what did you all who went to Metrocon think of today's first day?

And did anyone see a girl with brown hair in a ponytail wearing a blue crane yukata /w golden obi (and carrying a big blue and white golf umbrella like a walking stick) and walking around with a taller boy with really dark brown hair, big glasses, and a Solid Snake costume?

Yeah, that was me and my brother. :P

Saw some interesting costumes today, but one that really stood out for me was this one guy in a Rob Lucci costume...that was the first One Piece costume I saw today, and it was probably the best. He even had a little fuzzy bird on his shoulder.

I was at Metro all three days. Saturday and Friday were Kabuto Yakushi related, and Sunday was Vincent valentine. :)
Kurama

Postby Kamille » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:50 am

Anyone going to Katsucon 2009? I'm looking forward to it, though I don't like that it's being held in the same place as Anime USA 2008. Oh well, I'm still hoping it will be great.
"Lives are power." - Kamille Bidan
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" - Christ the Lord (John 11:25-26)

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4.

Remember - the Lord will be with you - always. :)
Kamille

Postby minakichan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:56 pm

*sigh* I was thinking of going to New York Comic Con to see Sakurai Sho from ARASHI, but it turns out he might not be having an autograph session.

Is anyone going there? I'm drawing a pic of him I'd like to give him, and I was wondering if I could bother anyone to take it to the Nikkatsu booth for me. You'd be rewarded =)
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:00 pm

Just so you guys know, it's totally okay to make a Conventions 2009 thread. XD Just thought I'd mention that. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ADXC » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Instead of making a new thread each year, how about just having one thread compililed of all the conventions that have happened, are happening, or are going to happen. That way the user only has to go to one thread instead of multiple threads saving time and energy! Sham-wow!~

Man I feel like someone who is trying to sell something over infomercials.
ADXC

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:15 pm

ADXC wrote:Instead of making a new thread each year, how about just having one thread compililed of all the conventions that have happened, are happening, or are going to happen. That way the user only has to go to one thread instead of multiple threads saving time and energy! Sham-wow!~

Man I feel like someone who is trying to sell something over infomercials.

That would be a long list. XD

But I have nothing to do, I could make a list like that.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby ADXC » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Yeah it would be! Hmm well if you want to make a list, Im not going to stop you(It sure would be convenient.). But I just meant the cons that people here are going to go to and then asking if others are going to it. So not necessarily all cons everywhere.
ADXC

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:35 pm

ADXC wrote:Yeah it would be! Hmm well if you want to make a list, Im not going to stop you(It sure would be convenient.). But I just meant the cons that people here are going to go to and then asking if others are going to it. So not necessarily all cons everywhere.

But at the same time, everyone can go to AnimeCons.com and list there with the prices as well.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Previous

Return to General