Downtime soon, and gallery going away

Talk about anything in here.

Downtime soon, and gallery going away

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:58 pm

Hey everyone,

We've heard your complaints, so we're making some changes to the back-end of the system to improve uptime and throughput. As part of this major upgrade, the photoplog gallery that we're currently using is going away soon. Please get what you want before it's gone. We will have some kind of replacement in place soon, so stay tuned!

Also, you may experience some downtime for a while, too. If you can't get here, check back later.

Later!

- Mithrandir
Mithrandir

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:08 am

why are you taking down the gallery? I like that feature!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby RobinSena » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:29 am

Rocklobster:
Mithrandir (post: 1279013) wrote:Hey everyone,

We've heard your complaints, so we're making some changes to the back-end of the system to improve uptime and throughput. As part of this major upgrade, the photoplog gallery that we're currently using is going away soon. Please get what you want before it's gone. We will have some kind of replacement in place soon, so stay tuned!

Also, you may experience some downtime for a while, too. If you can't get here, check back later.

Later!
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:23 pm

rocklobster (post: 1280093) wrote:why are you taking down the gallery? I like that feature!

All images in the feature can be found in the actual Gallery ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:59 pm

The gallery made this site feel like some sort of chan-wannabe, many of it which should be reserved for goof-off.

I prefer an art gallery instead.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby FnlFntsyYuna » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1280212) wrote:The gallery made this site feel like some sort of chan-wannabe, many of it which should be reserved for goof-off.

Yea, me too. ^^ oh and is that icon pic really you MSP?
FnlFntsyYuna

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1280212) wrote:The gallery made this site feel like some sort of chan-wannabe, many of it which should be reserved for goof-off.

yah...please if we get a new gallery, can we keep LOL Cats away from it ^^;
They are really cute and all... but I want to see CAA artists' work, if i want to see lolcats i'll go to
Icanhazcheeseburger.com or whatever it is XD.

Thanks, Mith! can't wait to see how everything goes! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:07 pm

I agree. I want to see CAA artist works, not art done by someone people admire or rip-off fan art.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Yus! I miss a more formal gallery set up.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:20 pm

FnlFntsyYuna (post: 1280221) wrote:Yea, me too. ^^ oh and is that icon pic really you MSP?

No. It is not. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby FnlFntsyYuna » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:04 pm

lol when I saw it I thought "was he lieing, saying that he's korean but he's not" xD
FnlFntsyYuna

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:13 pm

And Ryan actually looks like a guy, unlike that creepy she-male whatsit.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:16 pm

To bring us back to the topic, I'll be glad to see whatever advantages this upgraded version brings, along with whichever new art gallery system works best with it!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Maledicte » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:12 pm

I still miss the old art forum.
Maledicte

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:21 pm

The overall input I'm getting seems to indicate people really would like us to return to the forum-based gallery setup. I think we can manage that. Keep the comments coming, guys! We're very interesting in seeing what you have to say. Well, most of you. :D
Mithrandir

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Mithrandir (post: 1280333) wrote:The overall input I'm getting seems to indicate people really would like us to return to the forum-based gallery setup. I think we can manage that. Keep the comments coming, guys! We're very interesting in seeing what you have to say. Well, most of you. :D

Awwwwww, but but but what about the other surprise O.O?

[SIZE="1"]Tsuki is curiious now O.O[/SIZE]
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:50 pm

The surprise I was referring to here is the upgraded bandwidth. ;)
Mithrandir

Postby goldenspines » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:14 pm

I agree with the gallery ideas expressed so far. I would adore seeing the member's artwork instead of random pictures that I can find anywhere on the internet if I wanted to. XD

And surprises are always awesome; so is upgraded bandwidth. :D
goldenspines

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:31 pm

But I can't draw!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:29 pm

rocklobster (post: 1280645) wrote:But I can't draw!

So then the lack of a gallery shouldn't be a big issue for you...right?
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:16 pm

He may want to show funny pictures he's seen.
Robin Firedrake

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:18 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1280668) wrote:So then the lack of a gallery shouldn't be a big issue for you...right?

What about photographers? Artwork doesn't necessarly have to mean paper/pencil/other random medium does it? Galleries have photographic works in them in addition to hand-made works. RoyMustang is a GREAT photographer, and personally, I would love to see his works on here. And I'm proud of the work I've done and would like to post it.

I think that's the point rocklobster was trying to make. Will we be allowed to post photography works here too?
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Robin Firedrake (post: 1280707) wrote:He may want to show funny pictures he's seen.

"Funny pictures" aren't necessarily intended to be in an art gallery, though. And many members have complained that CAA has begun to look too much like a chan board with all of the random images.

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:What about photographers? Artwork doesn't necessarly have to mean paper/pencil/other random medium does it? Galleries have photographic works in them in addition to hand-made works. RoyMustang is a GREAT photographer, and personally, I would love to see his works on here. And I'm proud of the work I've done and would like to post it.

I think that's the point rocklobster was trying to make. Will we be allowed to post photography works here too?

Obviously photography would be allowed. XD What I think some of the artists want to get across is that they don't want random anime screencaps with dated captions or lolcats sprinkling the art gallery, where they're looking for other CAAers' artwork, not something they could easily find in a Google search.

Radical Dreamer

Postby Maledicte » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1280710) wrote:Obviously photography would be allowed. XD What I think some of the artists want to get across is that they don't want random anime screencaps with dated captions or lolcats sprinkling the art gallery, where they're looking for other CAAers' artwork, not something they could easily find in a Google search.

I agree wholeheartedly. Funny pictures can be found anywhere online, if you want to share them there's the Goof-Off forum for that.
Maledicte

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:25 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1280710) wrote:"Funny pictures" aren't necessarily intended to be in an art gallery, though. And many members have complained that CAA has begun to look too much like a chan board with all of the random images.

Obviously photography would be allowed. XD What I think some of the artists want to get across is that they don't want random anime screencaps with dated captions or lolcats sprinkling the art gallery, where they're looking for other CAAers' artwork, not something they could easily find in a Google search.

This.

If people really want to post random internet pictures, then how about a separate gallery just for that?
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Mithrandir (post: 1280495) wrote:The surprise I was referring to here is the upgraded bandwidth. ]

[SIZE="1"]I knew that :P[/SIZE]

If people really want to post random internet pictures, then how about a separate gallery just for that?

That would most likely take away from the surprise 8(
Tsukuyomi

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:42 pm

For that matter, we could just have a "funny pictures" thread in the goof off that served this purpose. I think, anyway.
Mithrandir

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:11 pm

[quote="Mithrandir (post: 1280495)"]The surprise I was referring to here is the upgraded bandwidth. ]

Noob question: What does that mean for us/CAA?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1280728) wrote:Noob question: What does that mean for us/CAA?

I think basically it means Caa will be faster and less laggy for all of us ^_^.. I think :eyebrow:
Tsukuyomi

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:16 am

Ahh. I've never ever had any lag or downtime with it though.
Shao Feng-Li

Next

Return to General