What will name your kids

Talk about anything in here.

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:59 pm

I like Japanese names, but there's no way I'd actually use one for my child. It just doesn't work. It'd be kind of like a white couple naming their white daughter Beyonce or something like that. XD

Trufax. I also wouldn't give my kids any sort of fantasy name, as cool sounding as they are. That's just asking for them to get made fun of and possibly beaten up. Unless the name sounds like something reasonable that someone living today would have, they I would stay away from it, XD. I have a currently dead (as in not in use at the moment) character named Alexia, and I could see myself naming my daughter that, but I have other names that I would probably never give to my child, XD.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Song_of_Storms » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:01 pm

Nate (post: 1279875) wrote:Yeah especially the white people that want to name their kids some stupid Japanese name. I can see that going over well...

"Oh, your name is Japanese! But...you're white? Were you adopted by a Japanese family?"

"No, my parents are just pathetic weeaboos."

[SIZE="1"]Of course, if they wanted to be really mean, they could name one Nate.[/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:19 pm

>_>
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Oh CAA, you never disappoint.

Though seriously people, don't name your kids after your misguided romance with a foreign culture.
Fish and Chips

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Girl: Meadow, Ocean, Summer, Spring (summer and spring if we have twins :D), Sabrina
Boy: Jude, Josh, Reese, Hunter, Sky...
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:04 pm

As to what I'd name my kids. Something short and simple like Ana and Jake or Lia and Eddie.

As far out as I go in terms of names would be states/cities. Georgia and Virginia being my favorites to name a girl and Austin for a boy. XD

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1279656) wrote:If it's a girl, Rainbow Sunshine.

If it's a boy, Bucket Head.

Kudos to who can spot the reference.

Sideways Stories From Wayside School. I only know this because I "inherited" the books from older siblings and Skye Sweetman did the theme song in the tv special. XD
yukoxholic

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:26 pm

I always seem to have toruble thinking up boy names ^^

Dante is nice ^^ I remember I used to be really into making my names rhyme ^^ Like, Sereena and Releena <33 I think they spell thier names with one "E", but I like how the two E's look :P
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:22 pm

I think that if it's a boy, he'd be a Job.
...I have no idea what to name a girl.
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:14 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1279873) wrote:Thank you Rai, haha. We would probably just end up calling him Vaughn, because that is an awesome, manly name. Also, Daymon's father originally wanted to name him Baron Vaughn, but his mom objected. Vehemently. XD

Anyway, after reading over this thread, I just have one thing to say: I feel sorry for some of you guys' future kids. >_>

Vaughn is definitely a cool name on its own, but Baron Vaughn can't be beat. You should still do it. XD

And yeah. Don't name your kids after anime characters, people. It's like getting a big tattoo of Naruto saying, "Believe it!" on your face. Not advisable. Do NOT give kids names that are easy to make fun of if you can at all help it.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:59 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1279990) wrote:And yeah. Don't name your kids after anime characters, people. It's like getting a big tattoo of Naruto saying, "Believe it!" on your face. Not advisable. Do NOT give kids names that are easy to make fun of if you can at all help it.

.rai//

Hahaha.. ha, Believe it D:<

But but but, they're pretty names o_o
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby sharien chan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:12 pm

My Fiance and I want to name our future *way in the future* daughter Amelie, or ami for short ^_^
I also love the name Grace.

As for a boy...no idea
sharien chan

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:03 pm

And yeah. Don't name your kids after anime characters, people. It's like getting a big tattoo of Naruto saying, "Believe it!" on your face. Not advisable. Do NOT give kids names that are easy to make fun of if you can at all help it.

.rai//

I'm going to name my son Sasuke Sephiroth Cullen.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:10 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1280015) wrote:I'm going to name my son Sasuke Sephiroth Cullen.

Any idea what he will change his name to after the therapy is over?
Mithrandir

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:17 pm

Mithrandir (post: 1280019) wrote:Any idea what he will change his name to after the therapy is over?

John Smith.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mave » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:05 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1279990) wrote:Don't name your kids after anime characters, people. It's like getting a big tattoo of Naruto saying, "Believe it!" on your face. Not advisable.
.rai//
FAIL: Naming your kids after CAA members (online names, not their real life names)
EPIC FAIL: Getting the names spelled incorrectly

ShettarhearkArck UCpsuedoynm Mithandhir

:bootout:
Mave

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:11 pm

Mave (post: 1280032) wrote:FAIL: Naming your kids after CAA members (online names, not their real life names)

ROFL! :lol:
Mithrandir

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Mave (post: 1280032) wrote:FAIL: Naming your kids after CAA members (online names, not their real life names)

Best.

Post.

Ever.

LOL
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Song_of_Storms wrote:[SIZE="1"]Of course, if they wanted to be really mean, they could name one Nate.[/SIZE]

Nah that name is only reserved for the biggest of losers.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby GeneD » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:15 am

Zacharias Levi is perfect for a child of any gender.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby minakichan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:54 am

I'm never going to have kids, but a dog might be nice.

If I DID have a girl though, I'd like "Aullery," but I don't know what gender that name is or its national origin. I just like the way it sounds o_O is that... is that really lame? orz

I like "Alexander" for a boy, but with a more uncommon nickname like "Lex" or "Xander," they just sound very grand. As for Chinese names, something with 明 (ming), I think that's really pretty!

I actually have like a list, but I can't remember most of them O_O
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:37 am

GeneD (post: 1280056) wrote:Zacharias Levi is perfect for a child of any gender.

You people keep outdoing yourselves with these posts. I no longer know which one is the best anymore.

LOL That's incredible. XDD

I'ma name my daughter Rachel Higuchi one day.

Radical Dreamer

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:46 am

girl: Illyana
boy: johnathan
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Smile:) » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:18 am

For a boy I like; Nicholas, Jordan, and David.
For a girl I like; Nichole, Blair, and Anna.
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:26 am

Radical Dreamer (post: 1280104) wrote:You people keep outdoing yourselves with these posts. I no longer know which one is the best anymore.

LOL That's incredible. XDD

I'ma name my daughter Rachel Higuchi one day.

Zacharias Sasuke Sephiroth Mitsuki Lover Mithandhir Cullen Levi for a boy.

Rachel Sakura Haruhi Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way Ricadl Draemar Higuchi for a girl.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:50 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1279888) wrote:I like Japanese names, but there's no way I'd actually use one for my child. It just doesn't work. It'd be kind of like a white couple naming their white daughter Beyonce or something like that. XD

Beyonce's name is of her french creole heritage. Yes, she's identified as black, but her mother is of french decent and that was her maiden name. It does seem weird that a white person has a japanese name, but then again there's japanese people with white names. Well, of course if they're americans.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Icarus » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1280116) wrote:Zacharias Sasuke Sephiroth Mitsuki Lover Mithandhir Cullen Levi for a boy.

Rachel Sakura Haruhi Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way Ricadl Draemar Higuchi for a girl.

Congratulations. You have made me say "Oh my giosh."

It's pronounced the same, but with a karate uniform in the middle.

Sharien Chan wrote:My Fiance and I want to name our future *way in the future* daughter Amelie, or ami for short ^_^
I also love the name Grace
That's almost my little sister's name.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:19 pm

My middle name is Amelia, which was my dad's mother's name. That's why we've decided on Lia, because it pays homage to the name without straight up using it. XD Jewel was my grandmama's name, except she spelled hers with two Ls.

I also really like the name Serena, though I'm not sure if I would ever actually use it. Alexander is my husband's middle name, which I really like and would definitely consider using.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Zacharias

Levi

HAHAHHAHAH. XDDD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Lilac#18 (post: 1280139) wrote:It does seem weird that a white person has a japanese name, but then again there's japanese people with white names. Well, of course if they're americans.

Er.. Actually, it isn't unknown for a native-born Japanese to have a European given name. Examples include 'Maria', 'Karin', 'Eimi' (Amy). These are not particularly common, though. A Japanese friend told me that they were more likely to be used by fictional characters than real-life Japanese.

Careful with assumptions though. Some Japanese names, such as Naomi and Ken, look like borrowings, but are actually just coincidences.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:50 pm

EricTheFred (post: 1280171) wrote:Er.. Actually, it isn't unknown for a native-born Japanese to have a European given name. Examples include 'Maria', 'Karin', 'Eimi' (Amy). These are not particularly common, though. A Japanese friend told me that they were more likely to be used by fictional characters than real-life Japanese.

Careful with assumptions though. Some Japanese names, such as Naomi and Ken, look like borrowings, but are actually just coincidences.

Come to think of it, I did watch alot anime and japanese drama show (especially the drama shows) with the female characters named Erika which is obviously from the name Erica. I was suprised with the name "Naomi" the first time I heard it on japanese shows a while back.

I'm sorry, I meant to say that it is weird that a white person has a japanese name. I wasn't trying to say that japanese born didn't have american or european names. I'm very sorry for that.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Previous Next

Return to General