I know this is weird to ask, but...

Talk about anything in here.

I know this is weird to ask, but...

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:55 pm

What do any of you know about high levels of estrogen in water (from birth control pills, and such, in ladies urine passing into sewage, and eventually back into the environment) affecting male estrogen levels?

I'm writing a paper on it, actually.
I've done my research on it, the jist of what I have being how various male fish growing ovarian tissue is due primarily to high levels of estrogen, and how "city boys" are, in now in a biochemical sense, more "feminine" then "country boys" because they are exposed to higher levels of estrogen in their drinking water.

And such and so forth.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had heard of any other obscure studies out there that would help me in my research on this?
Sources if you could too, thanks ^_^

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:00 pm

No, I haven't but it sounds interesting. I think it would have to do more with the physical environment. Let's just say that country life (in general) demands more physically from a guy.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:16 pm

I suppose =P
I mean, clearly environmental factors come into play, since noone lives inside a bubble.

But I mean, higher estrogen levels COULD have something to do with it... especially since male fish growing ovaries o.o That's just... the greatest oddity.

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:46 pm

LIKE THIS GUYYYY?

see he is even by a tap!
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:52 pm

He's on tap.

Good gravy, that guy's creepier than ET!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:59 pm

lol @ his combover
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:52 am

I think "its' cute...wittle emo wannabeeee *pinches its cheeks*

mmmm to answer your question, I've never heard of that, although I have heard about hormones in food causing children to hit puberty faster.. XD

Its an interessting thought...but if that happens, why didnt it happen before when we had crappy sewer systems...(pun NOT intended...)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby White Raven » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:55 am

chibiphonebooth (post: 1278788) wrote:LIKE THIS GUYYYY?

see he is even by a tap!

Wow he looks like a deer in the headlights.:lol:

Er on topic They did a CSI on something like what you are talking about.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:29 am

I am a "city boy" who drinks tap water. Thin as I am, I'm not sure if I qualify as feminine.

On a side note, I've also heard that this has lowered pregnancy rates.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby animechica » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:09 am

I've heard a bit about this too.
Apparently they're expecting that in the future, a lot of men will actually be infertile because somehow the sperm counts are being lowered by this phenomenon. At least, that's what I heard. ^_^;

Sorry, I have no source because I think my boyfriend read the article and told me randomly one day, haha.
animechica

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:33 am

I haven't heard much about this. I heard something about females being affected by male hormones though.

In my psychology class, I learned that a lot of pills that help prevent miscarrying actually contain chemicals that are released when a male baby is born. Studies show that female children that were exposed to these while in the womb were tomboys when they were kids (like they preferred playing sports as opposed to playing with Barbies and preferred playing with boys and opposed to playing with other girls). They became more stereotypically "feminine" when they hit puberty though.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby KagayakiWashi » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:33 pm

Mandrake, have you ever wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and only pure grain alcohol?.......
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:44 pm

KagayakiWashi (post: 1278875) wrote:Mandrake, have you ever wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and only pure grain alcohol?.......

"Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation, fluoridation of water?"
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:57 pm

"Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conveived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?"
Fish and Chips

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:46 pm

"I am a "city boy" who drinks tap water. Thin as I am, I'm not sure if I qualify as feminine.

On a side note, I've also heard that this has lowered pregnancy rates."

I'm not saying every boy who lives in a city is more feminine, I'm just saying its slowly increasing various hormone rates, especially in large populations.

But yeah...
The thing about hormones in food causes kids to hit puberty earlier is curious indeed.

Curiouser and Curiouser.

That picture of the pretty boy made me curl into fetal position, though. Please don't do that again -shudders-

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:28 pm

KagayakiWashi (post: 1278875) wrote:Mandrake, have you ever wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and only pure grain alcohol?.......

Win.
Cognitive Gear (post: 1278876) wrote:"Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation, fluoridation of water?"

More Win.
Fish and Chips (post: 1278877) wrote:"Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conveived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?"

And even more win.
mysngoeshere56 (post: 1278847) wrote:I haven't heard much about this. I heard something about females being affected by male hormones though.

In my psychology class, I learned that a lot of pills that help prevent miscarrying actually contain chemicals that are released when a male baby is born. Studies show that female children that were exposed to these while in the womb were tomboys when they were kids (like they preferred playing sports as opposed to playing with Barbies and preferred playing with boys and opposed to playing with other girls). They became more stereotypically "feminine" when they hit puberty though.

I think that what defines "boy activities" and "girl activities" mostly originate from what is considered to be the social norm. Granted many tomboys do become more feminine around puberty, as you said.

It's a subject that I constantly think about. XD Social normality, not tomboys, that is. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nate » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:40 pm

Sapphi wrote:a lot of men will actually be infertile because somehow the sperm counts are being lowered by this phenomenon.

I heard that drinking Mountain Dew lowers sperm count.

I'm already on my third can today!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:22 am

There's a Mel Gibson movie about this. It's called 'Conspiracy Theory'.
Watch it and learn.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Stephen » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:31 am

Mwahha Well water for me.
Stephen

Postby Sohma » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:58 pm

see he is even by a tap!

Aww, he's kinda cute! In a puppy dog sorta way! *patpat*

This is wierd but very interesting *will continue to lurk*
[SIZE="6"]ily.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Genesis 27:4
"When you prepare the tasty food that I love, bring it to me, and I will eat. Then I will bless you before I die."[/SIZE]
Sohma

Postby RobinSena » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1278876) wrote:"Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation, fluoridation of water?"

Fish and Chips (post: 1278877) wrote:"Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conveived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?"

EPIC win.
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:11 am

I worry about you women who think she-males are cute.
It's psychologically messed up.
Real-life bishies are not cool!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby RobinSena » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:18 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1279254) wrote:I worry about you women who think she-males are cute.
It's psychologically messed up.
Real-life bishies are not cool!

Why?
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:50 am

hey hey hey, i never said i thought that guy was cute. they said he was cute just cuase he looked like a lost puppy, but i doubt they were actually... attracted to him. XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Stephen » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:32 am

That kid needs to man up. I thought it was a homely girl at first. Chuck Norris and Mr. T need to take this kid out on the town.
Stephen

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:40 am

They also say that it's bad for guys to eat a lot of soy because of the phytoestrogens, but they can't prove it yet. It's just theorizing at this point.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:24 pm

chibiphonebooth (post: 1279297) wrote:hey hey hey, i never said i thought that guy was cute. they said he was cute just cuase he looked like a lost puppy, but i doubt they were actually... attracted to him. XD

OYE VEY.
Who WOULDN'T want that? 6_9

-shudders-

He reminds me of this friend of a friend of mine who is asexual. I've never met a person who is asexual before, but this kid looks like her. (asexual not in the sense she can reproduce with herself, but shes not limited to being attracted to human males or females)

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:51 pm

xblack_x_rosesx (post: 1278778) wrote:... "city boys" are, in now in a biochemical sense, more "feminine" then "country boys" because they are exposed to higher levels of estrogen in their drinking water.

...I drink from my 'fridge ...that has a filter on it. Am I getting estrogen in me!?

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I think that what defines "boy activities" and "girl activities" mostly originate from what is considered to be the social norm. Granted many tomboys do become more feminine around puberty, as you said.

That's right Ryan! Screw the rules, You're Asian!

You go to the salon and pick out an outfit for tonight!

Steve, Nate and Myself will fight bears, hit on women, and jump offa cliff and punch a chopper!
Solid Ronin

Postby Stephen » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:31 pm

I would like to back Eric up, Nate Eric and I have indeed jumped off of a cliff to punch a chopper before. Twice actually.
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:14 pm

see he is even by a tap!

The fact you said "guy" in reference to describing that thing makes me wanna go huddle up in a corner and cry.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Next

Return to General