Whatcha get??? Whatcha get??? 83

Talk about anything in here.

Postby ilikegir33 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:44 pm

Let me see...

A brand spanking new Dell Inspiron 1510 laptop. In blue, from my parents.

Younger sis gave me a Mr Bill action figure, Nun-Chuck (LOL) and a Mr T keychain.

2 Best Buy gift cards, each worth 25 bucks (which I spent on the sub-only version of Gurren Lagann, all 3 volumes); rare silver dollars; complete Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy trilogy (actually five books) and a book about the queens who got killed, all from my mom's side of the family.

From my dad's side I got The Dark Knight and Batman Begins on Blu-ray Disc (WOOHOO! The only other BD I have is Paprika!), the 2009 Guinness Book, Animal Crossing City Folk (again, WOOHOO!) and some cool shirts.

Also, I got Grave of the Fireflies on DVD (after years of searching for it), and the usual stocking stuffers (Zotz candies that fizz in your mouth, Sour Razzles, gloves, a book light, and cinammon toothpaste).

But the best gift of all: my Play Asia order of the game Tadashii Kanji Kakitori-kun finally shipped. I <3 Play Asia! And Kakitori-kun is one of the best 40 bucks I've spent on a DS game.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Amzi Live » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:16 pm

ChurchPunk (post: 1278220) wrote:Oh, I also received my late grandfather's pocket watch. Very happy about that. =)

Cool! I always wanted a pocket watch.
If it's from your grandfather then It's way more special,nice gift.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:21 pm

MACBOOK + Money. that's really it.
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Monkey J. Luffy (post: 1278239) wrote:MACBOOK + Money. that's really it.

THAT sounds like a Merry Christmas!
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:30 pm

It twas
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:51 pm

Not much. XD

The Apologetics Bible
An action figure of... Hiro Nakamura... since everyone says I look like him
A little bit of money

However, the best gift was a letter from somebody. =)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:56 pm

A little like him. a sword would help the reemblence, though. The apologetics bible looked pretty interesting.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby FnlFntsyYuna » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:14 pm

ppl say you look a little like Hiro Nakamura SMP ^^ lol I love watching Heroes. I got a $25 gift card to ituns, a purse, make-up, candy & clothes. and Hopefully, God welling, a new cell phone with unlemited text!!=D
FnlFntsyYuna

Postby Slater » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:31 am

I got a Rubik's Cube.

Oh yes. It frightened me. I let that thing sit on my desk unopened for 2 days; I knew that opening the package could be very dangerous.

Then I did it. I opened it. And I just held it for a while. It wasn't scrambled, and it looked so pretty. For a day, it sat there, unscrambled.

Yes... Yes I did. I scrambled it. If it was originally unscrambled, it should be possible to unscramble it.

My GF sat me down the past few nights (not Christmas or Christmas eve, however) and had me watch Saw 1-3 with her. Put a bomb in a Rubik's cube and
weld thumbtacks to each square and you got the next part of the Saw story right there.

So to Google I went and spent a few hours, mastering some of the algorithms used to solve a Rubik's cube. Now, I can do it under 5 minutes. I feel accomplished.

Oh, I also got the game "Bully" for the Wii. Dare I play it?
Slater

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:35 am

Bully is fun. You should dare.
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:18 am

I got a few pretty awesome things.

New CD player/speakers
3 shirts from Thinkgeek.com (code monkey, caffeine molecule, "No I won't fix your computer)
Other clothes
Ebay giftcard
New flashlight
Chuck Norris calendar
and um...other smaller stuff that I have forgotten
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:01 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]What I got for X-Mas??? Hmmm...

My Life (God)
My Health (God)
My Job (God)
A better appreciation and understanding of the people I work with (God)
A Portable DVD Player (Mom)
A Watch (Mom)
A Charging Caddy (For my cell phones) (Co-worker)[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby christianfriend » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:29 am

What C-friend got for Christmas!~

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]- A Michael Jackson best hits CD from my older Brother [/color](I was SO excited to get this, I love Michael Jackson!~ I play the record every time I go over to my Grandma's and make my whole family do the thriller with me)
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]- An awsome shirt from my twin[/color] (Saw it shopping a few weeks before christmas, really wanted it, but was broke. Was shocked to recieve it for Christmas! God bless my generous sister~)
- [color="DeepSkyBlue"]An amazing super cool belt with skull buckle from my Aunt [/color](Wow, this is probably the most crazy cool belt I've ever seen! :D I wear it everywhere now)
- [color="DeepSkyBlue"]3 beautiful rings from my mother and father [/color](They're so pretty, and they match my red theme I'm going for)
- [color="DeepSkyBlue"]Leather fingerless gloves from my big brother and his girlfriend [/color](Heck yessss, I've been wanting a pair forever! Woo!)
- [color="DeepSkyBlue"]Another pair of lacy gloves from my cousin [/color](I saw these at hottopic, and was drooling over them, I was very excited to get them from my cousin!)
- [color="DeepSkyBlue"]A pretty bell from my grandmother [/color](Ahh, I love the sounds of bells. my Granny got an extra hug from me for this one~)
- [color="DeepSkyBlue"]An awsome belt loop chain with a silver cross from my friend [/color](X3 Just got it today from her, I was so happy!~)
- [color="DeepSkyBlue"]An mini glass angel from another friend [/color](It's gorgeous, and is currently on display in mah room!~)
- [color="DeepSkyBlue"]150 bucks..[/color] (Which will probably be spent very sloooooowly throughout the next 6 months XD)
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]- And the wonderful company of my beautiful family, and of course all the memories I get to keep and treasure. [/color]

Wow, it looks like everyone got some really nice and cool things this year!! :D I wish you all a late [color="Green"]Merry [/color][color="Red"]Christmas[/color]!~
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:19 pm

- A cubic zirconia tennis bracelet
- Some fancy schmancy skin care products
- A hair dryer (I didn't have one for the longest time)
- Cookies
- Freakazoid Season 1
- 200 bucks with which I bought a digital camera and some clothes
- A phone call from my husband
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:08 am

$100 gift card from my father (I was shocked 0_0)
The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien
Candy
Mini Stuffed Reindeer
And somebody left my mom and I a bunch of gifts.... we still don't know who they're from.... but we also got food, the movies Amazing Grace and The Visitation, a Casting Crowns and a MercyMe CD's, and some house stuff.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Akane » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:50 pm

I got the Dark Knight DVD, Joker necklaces, Dark knight action figures, Karaoke machine, Karaoke CD, more jewelery, over $100, Metal Gear Solid 2, a watch, a glass figurine, and some other stuff :D

I was utterly spoiled to the point of absurdity >:]
John 8:32~
Akane

Postby HitomiYuriko » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:43 am

This what I got: a bento box, recipe book for the bento box, old navy gc, alarm clock w/ cd player, ds games and a pc game.
[SIZE="1"]Believe

What I believe is what I will become. I believe I am special and that there will never be another like me...not ever. I believe I have been blessed with certain talents that will allow me to serve a purpose higher that my own. I believe we are all connected and that despite our differences we are one. I believe in the power or love and its ability to heal all wounds. I believe there are no acts of coincidence only acts of God that work miraculously in my life. I believe that the lessons I learn will be the lessons I teach.

My Family: SP1, Raven, and my other daughter soon to be named in 2 years, PcSavvy (My Sister)
Been Adopted by: Shadowchild,Mega.EXE
My Adoptions: Lunis--who has my unconditional love and support. :angel:
Shadowchild: who can win an argument with anyone (Hehe)
My Boys in Arms (The ones I'll try to keep from wandering the path of goofiness & craziness:dizzy: ): Yahshua(:angel: on his shoulder watching over him), Nate (AKA Kaemmerite), Sigmaknight, Cap'nNick, BigSleepJ,Scribs, YeshuaKnight, Linkquest, Mr. Smarty Pants, Cephas VII, Kkun, and AziertheSwordsman
My Girls in Arms (The ones I'll be looking out for from time to time): Sakura15, CrimsonRyu17, PrincessZelda, Himura Kaoru, Iz&Trigun4life, Lunis, Jesusfreak84,Shadowchild
And some new friends: JadenMetal,Mithrandir, ShatterHeartArk, and few others
FKA Celestra[/SIZE]
HitomiYuriko

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:05 am

Thanks to God, a nice mother whom he has blessed me with.

I got the following for Christmas but did not check any of the gifts out till the next days.

Platinum Hits of Assassins Creed
Another copy of Rainbow Six Vegas also in the platinum Hits case( both this and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 are great 360 games)

James Bond Quantum of Solace for the Xbox 360, which is a great Bond video game but has technical issues..

Another copy of Mass Effect for the 360

Infinite Undiscovery

And Left4 Dead all of which for the Xbox 360

five anime boxset( complete collections)

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed collections vol 1 and 2

Fate Stay Night( I'm glad there are no sex scenes in it, like the earlier video games have them which is just not right)

Please Teacher

Kiddy Grade

A military themed hoodie in which I posted self portraits of myself in some weeks back.

And a copy of the anime fil;m Jin Roh the Wolf Brigade( one of the best anime films depicting the world of esiponage and Special Operations imo)

Microsoft Office Home and student 2007
\
And more importantly a loving mother, brother, other family and true friends all of which are a blessing from the one and true wonderful God.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:38 am

I got

A Manga Bible

The Nightmare Before Christmas DVD

A Jack Skellington bobble head

a Jack Skellington Necklace

A penguin t-shirt

two penguin PJ's

$10 HotTopic gift card

Earrings

Make-up set

a few other things i don't remember. . .
Phoebe

Postby minakichan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:57 am

I got...

What was it again...?

Oh yeah, nothing.

Not even like one of those sentimental AWWW IT'S CHRISTMASTIME family lovey happiness event thingies.

AWWW feel sorry for me plzthxbai D:
ImageImage
minakichan

Previous

Return to General