What is that weird Domo thing?

Talk about anything in here.

What is that weird Domo thing?

Postby Lady Kenshin » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:11 pm

You know, that brown square thing with the super sharp teeth. What is it? It creeps me out...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:33 pm

Lol, that wierd brown square thingy with sharp teeth is know as Domo-Kun ^ ^

I'm not really sure what his is, but he comes in plushy form 8D

Here's the Wiki for him ^ ^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domo_(NHK)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:34 pm

Its the mascot for Japan's NHK tv station. Its full name is Dōmo-kun and has been in several 30 second sketches for station identification during shows.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Lady Kenshin » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:05 am

Thanks! I still find it weird, though...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:26 am

Roy Mustang (post: 1277931) wrote:Its the Mascot for Japan's NHK tv station. Its full name is Dō][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]

Lol, you cheated, Roy XDD It says that in the opener on Wiki XDD

*Fall out chair* :lol:

*Is also sleeeeeeeeepy* :angel:
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:50 am

Tsukuyomi wrote:Lol, you cheated, Roy XDD It says that in the opener on Wiki XDD

*Fall out chair* :lol:

*Is also sleeeeeeeeepy* :angel:

I didn't, I already knew what Domo-kun was. So Wiki and me were close on what it said in the opening, big deal.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Ingemar » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:18 am

Weird thing is, I've started seeing Domo in Target of all places...
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Momo-P » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:28 am

Ingemar (post: 1277939) wrote:Weird thing is, I've started seeing Domo in Target of all places...

Actually, Nickelodeon picked up the rights for Domo-kun sometime ago. I don't know about regular Nick, but the Nick Toons station actually shows english versions of the shorts occasionally. Saw one sometime ago...Domo was getting taken advantage of by some cute little fox. That's probably why the merchandise is out now. ^^;
Momo-P

Postby LadyRushia » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:31 am

Yup, Domo-kun is starting to be everywhere. I have a reversible Domo-kun hat and a Domo-kun calender. He reminds me of what Diglet would look like if it came out of the ground, XD.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:16 am

Roy Mustang (post: 1277938) wrote:I didn't, I already knew what Domo-kun was. So Wiki and me were close on what it said in the opening, big deal.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]

No big deal at all :P

I haven't seen any Domo-Kun merchendiise around here.. yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to be eating those words once I go.. somwhere XDD
Tsukuyomi

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:04 am

The first time I saw/heard anything about Domokun was when I was browsing around Nintendo of Japan's website, and low and behold I found this weird square thing with big teeth in some sort of game. I thought it was hilarious and he instantly became a favorite buddy icon of mine. My missionary buddy explained to me what he was. I loved it. This was all way before he was popular for killing kittens or Powerpuff Girls on the internet. I got a plush of Domokun from my sister on Christmas :-D
......hmmm....I need to get that Japanese Gameboy Advance game with Domokun......
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby That Dude » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:29 pm

Check out my sig! And I've even seen Domo-kun merch out in the middle of NE. You can find stuff like Domo-kun calanders pretty easily.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Sohma » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:41 pm

Domo was on a Walgreens (or something like it) ad right before Christmas. I was like "MOM, MOM, LOOK IT'S DOMO ON LIKE, A LOCAL AD." And she just goes "what is that?" and I couldn't really answer. I didn't know where he came from, I just liked the little Japanese square thing. Now I know.
[SIZE="6"]ily.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Genesis 27:4
"When you prepare the tasty food that I love, bring it to me, and I will eat. Then I will bless you before I die."[/SIZE]
Sohma

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:51 pm

This little guy wins for cuteness <33

Tsukuyomi

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:01 pm

I bought some Domo-kun figurines from Target. They are win.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:29 pm

I want a Domo-Kun plushy,but a life sized one 8D

That would be.. the bomb u_u/
Tsukuyomi

Postby ilikegir33 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:50 pm

Got a blue Domo-kun at Hot Topic.

Domo-kun is AWESOME!
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Debitt » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:44 pm

Domo-kun apparently turned 10 years old some time earlier this month. >> I had no idea the thing's been around so long.

I kind of want something like a Domo-kun coin bank. Stick coins into its mouth. |D

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Stephen » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:39 pm

I own a Domo shot glass. I laughed so hard when I saw it that I had to buy it. I figure enough Jager bombs and the Domo would get scary as heck.

mwahaa found a pic of it.

http://www.gkworld.com/product/GKW22315?meta=FRG&utm_source=GBASE&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=&utm_campaign=
Stephen

Postby oro! » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:47 am

One of the girls in my dorm is obsessed with Domo. Apparently, she grew up watching Japanese TV. She has a calendar, plushy, etc. When I went to Target one time, I saw Domo in Halloween clothing, no less!
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Lady Kenshin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Hm... Thanks for all the replies!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Kenshin

Postby RandomBurrito » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:43 pm

I thought he was a brownie monster at first. I saw him on TV not to long ago. He still looks like a brownie to me (and makes me hungry XD)
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
:hug:
RandomBurrito

Postby Nate » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:40 pm

I'm not sure what Domo is, all I know is to watch out for your kittens when he's around!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:01 am

Lady Kenshin (post: 1277926) wrote:You know, that brown square thing with the super sharp teeth. What is it? It creeps me out...

Me, too, a bit.

I learned of it years ago from another forum when the forum admin posted a bunch of clips. He liked it. I don't entirely get it.
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Return to General