Want your thoughts

Talk about anything in here.

Want your thoughts

Postby chelle0227 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Okay, me and a group of friends were having a disscussion about inbreeding (Father to daughter) in dogs, and i want to see what other people think about the subject. Like me and a few friends think that it's wrong for humans to inbreed dogs because it can sometimes mess them up, and that people are just greedy for money by wanting to keep the dogs pure breed, but some people think differently and i want to know your views on the subject. ^_^ thanks
Footprints in the sand by Carolyn Joyce Carty

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the lord.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of foot prints in the sand: one belonging to him the other to the lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the foot prints in the sand.

He noticed that name times along the path of his life there was only one set o footprints.

He also noticed that it was at the lowest and saddest times of his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the lord about it:

"lord, you said once i decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But i have noticed during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of foot prints. I dont understand why when i needed you most you would leave me."

The lord replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that i carried you."
chelle0227

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:08 pm

It bothers me when dogs are inbred. Who cares if they're purebred or not?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby bakura_fan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:55 pm

A breeder told me that you can breed a son to a mother but not a daughter to a father. In all honesty, it depends on the breeder for what they think. The question is, do wolves and other canine's in the wild inbreed? I'm assuming not. I agree that most of the time it's due to wanting more litters, therefor more money. I have a little chihuahua long hair puppy and her breeder said she HATES anything that is non purebred. She said she can hardly stand a short hair chihuahua breeding a long hair chihuahua. She told me this after I told her that my mother in law had a chihuahua mix. I'm sorry, but so far mixes have been better in the long run for my family.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:17 pm

[color="DarkOrchid"]Inbreeding your dogs can cause huge problems down the road. Quite a few breeds of purebreds have bred in problems anyway, and that doesn't help matters. Getting all in a tizzy about purebreds is kind of silly. [/color]

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:29 pm

I think let the dogs do what they want with whom they love.

If a dog happens to be passionately in love with his mother, then let them go at it. Oedipus Rex, or something of the such...

Love has no face.

XD Hooboy, did I go too unserious in this?

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:31 pm

Dogs don't mate out of love, they do it out of instinct.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:33 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1275791) wrote:Dogs don't mate out of love, they do it out of instinct.

I wasn't being serious.
I also wasn't dripping with sarcasm.

XP

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby chelle0227 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:41 pm

As far as i know you can breed a daughter to her father my mom did it with out yellow lab and her litter was fine, but when i found out i was very upset because i really go against inbreding.
Footprints in the sand by Carolyn Joyce Carty

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the lord.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of foot prints in the sand: one belonging to him the other to the lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the foot prints in the sand.

He noticed that name times along the path of his life there was only one set o footprints.

He also noticed that it was at the lowest and saddest times of his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the lord about it:

"lord, you said once i decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But i have noticed during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of foot prints. I dont understand why when i needed you most you would leave me."

The lord replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that i carried you."
chelle0227

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:50 pm

xblack_x_rosesx (post: 1275793) wrote:I wasn't being serious.
I also wasn't dripping with sarcasm.

XP

Lololol I thought you said "did I go too serious in this?", not "unserious". XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:07 pm

That strict of a limitation to the gene pool results in far too great a probability that damaging and potentially fatal recessive alleles will get together and result in harm to the animal. There is no safe way to inbred. Making an animal suffer to play to human ego and eccentricities is cruelty as far as I am concerned. It is a living thing and God's before it is ours. We don't get to torture it just because we can.

/rant
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:13 pm

I think it's weird and wrong.. And causes problems with the dog. We got an inbred beagle a long time ago, and he was very two sided (mostly evil). And it had nothing to do with how we treated him. He was soo spoiled, but he still wanted to bite our faces off XP

That bug spray the breeder always sprayed around the puppies might have had something to do with it too.. >_>.. XD
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:40 pm

There is so much in this world I don't know about O__O I had no idea animals did that.. xD;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby minakichan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Charles II was the last of the Spanish Habsburg dynasty, physically disabled, mentally retarded and disfigured (possibly through affliction with mandibular prognathism — he was unable to chew). His tongue was so large that his speech could barely be understood, and he frequently drooled. He may also have suffered from the endocrine disease acromegaly. He was treated as virtually an infant in arms until he was ten years old. Fearing the frail child would be overtaxed, he was left entirely uneducated, and his indolence was indulged to such an extent that he was not even expected to be clean. When his half-brother John of Austria the Younger, a natural son of Philip IV, obtained power by exiling the queen mother from court, he insisted that at least the king's hair should be combed.

BAD. IDEA.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:04 pm

That's pretty messed up.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:17 pm

I know such things exsist, but still... @___@ Rather it be people or animals >_>
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ADXC » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Man, poor Charles II of Spain, although; He lived a good 39 years though being a cursed child and all. His father only lived 60 years while his grandmother lived only 40, so I don't he made out too bad.

But yeah I don't agree with this inbreeding either(Or incest for that matter.). And like Tsuki, I really didn't know that animals actually did this sort of thing. Also Ive heard that some dogs actually eat their own terds!

The more you know!
ADXC

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:30 pm

[quote="Tsukuyomi"] I had no idea animals did that.. xD]

The ones from the south!

*Rim shot*

Sorry, that was just open to be said.

Will feel bad after tomorrow for making the joke, since I live in the south.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby ADXC » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:32 pm

@ Roy-XD But maybe your geography maybe slightly different then mine. I was thinking a little more northwest from where I live. I will not name a state, but Ive heard some things...
ADXC

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:38 pm

Now I know why some dogs chase their tail around, they have to be the ones that are inbred and a bit mess up.

I know they are animals and all, but ewwwwwwwww!

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:59 pm

ADXC (post: 1275839) wrote:@ Roy-XD But maybe your geography maybe slightly different then mine. I was thinking a little more northwest from where I live. I will not name a state, but Ive heard some things...

There is a certain... mid-eastern state which is said to have done some things. XD

I'm sure Peanut could elaborate more. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:35 am

Lol, you guys.. xDD

Man, it's like one convo into another :shake:
Tsukuyomi

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:53 am

not a huge fan of purebreeds ^^; we used to have two old english sheepdogs (now we have one) the older one died at the age of 12 because of an inbred disease, that they are known for, hip displacia (sp?) Basically, because of all the inbreeding this breed has endured they have a disease that affects them a lot...they are working REALLY hard to breed this disease out of the bloodline, but who knows if they can...I hope my mom's 10 month old puppy doesn't develop it...it was pretty painful to watch the old dog deal with it... We finally put him down.

I'd behappy with a mixed breed any day... ^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby bakura_fan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:51 am

[quote="ChristianKitsune (post: 1275859)"]not a huge fan of purebreeds ^^]

Yeah. my parents got me a Silky terrier puppy when I was little, she ended up with hip displascia about one week after they got her. The breeder said that they would give us another no charge, and take her back and put her down, OR take her back and to the vet for the operation, but we pay for it. Well we opted for the surgery. The removed the hip that caused her problems, and she ended up dying of old age (13 years). She lived quite a happy life, jumped like nothing was wrong with her.

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:03 am

I've read that the German breeds (Shepherds, Dobermans, etc.) are prone to hip and other joint-related problems, most of them hereditary. I have a Rottweiler and she developed arthritis when she was about 4 years old (she's 11 now).

In regards to the OP, I feel it's nice to have a pure breed of dog, but some mixes are actually quite cute. I've seen a few puggles and they don't look bad, for example.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:25 am

Nuthin but mutts in the Fred household, except a yellow lab we adopted from a friend who couldn't keep her. She's a complete psychological mess, and the only Retriever I ever saw who hates being outside. All she wants to do is curl up somewhere indoors and sleep. She's a sweetie, though, so we put up with her.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:35 am

Well the surgery on a LARGE Old English Sheepdog would have cost us thousands... :/ we didn't have that kind of money all we could do for the old dog was give him medication, that we knew would someday stop working...the last few months of his life were pretty hard to watch...

Bwahaha... I would love to see what a Pomeranian/Dalmation combination would look like XDDDD that would be hilarious...

not to change the topic of this thread of course, but have you guys seen weird mixed breeds?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby soul alive » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm

We have two purebreds, a Border Collie and a Schipperke - both are thankfully perfectly fine. We used to have a Boxer Lab cross who was a real kick in the pants, and a great dog.

I think the funniest crosses I've seen involve Welsh Corgies and bigger breeds. Seeing a German Shepherd with teeny short legs is very high on my list of funny things.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby bakura_fan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:11 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1275878) wrote:Well the surgery on a LARGE Old English Sheepdog would have cost us thousands... :/ we didn't have that kind of money all we could do for the old dog was give him medication, that we knew would someday stop working...the last few months of his life were pretty hard to watch...

Bwahaha... I would love to see what a Pomeranian/Dalmation combination would look like XDDDD that would be hilarious...

not to change the topic of this thread of course, but have you guys seen weird mixed breeds?

oh! that reminds me. I was on petfinder one day and found a dalmation/corgi mix. Think....Corgi body, with a dalmation head, with dalmation spots all over. It was the cutest but funniest combination I had seen!

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby ADXC » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:35 pm

Not to offend anyone here, but this was a joke that Bill Engvall said.

This isn't the exact wording but this is the gist of it.
Bill goes to the veterinarian with his dachshund to get a checkup for him.

The doctor says, "Sir, that dachshund will have back problems."

Bill responds, "Well nah duh, he's two inches from letting his transmission touch the ground!"
ADXC

Postby F.M Disciple » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Yeah I'm pretty much against it.

I don't know why breeders would consider inbreeding to keep the breed pure.
The diseases caused by inbreding would screw up the dogs more than having a different type in the family tree in my mind.
F.M Disciple

Next

Return to General