Driving + Cell Phone = FAIL

Talk about anything in here.

Driving + Cell Phone = FAIL

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:50 am

Okay, CAA. It's confession time:

How many of you have used your cell phone while driving and made a bonehead, idiotic, EPIC FAIL mistake because of it? Come on...you're among friends...share your tale...
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:24 am

I make bonehead, idiotic, EPIC FAIL mistakes even WITHOUT cellphones. I don't want to know what happens when I DO drive and talk on a phone...
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby That Dude » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:39 am

Thankfully I've had very few fails while driving, the weird thing is that I haven't made any while I was talking on the phone and driving.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:52 am

Hmm... there haven't been too many.
I was at a party one time, I was DD, so I wasn't drinking, but it went till ... like 4 in the morning, so by the time I did drive home I was super tired. Anyway, I was driving and I was on my cell calling the parents to let them know I was on my way home, and I looked up and noticed that I had been driving for like a minute on the other side of the road- IN TOWN.
It was in winter, and I couldn't see the lines on the road, so I was super confused.
The cops let me know what was going on though =P ><

ONLY mishap though. I swear. -shifty eyes-

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:24 pm

I don't use my cell phone while driving very often at all. I don't make a lot of EPIC FAIL mistakes while driving either, but I did have a bad driving day today. @_@ Glad to be off the road and safe at home now.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby PrincessZelda » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:13 pm

It's illegal to talk on your cell while driving here. Not even kidding.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Warrior4Christ » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:26 pm

PrincessZelda (post: 1272396) wrote:It's illegal to talk on your cell while driving here. Not even kidding.

Very much so here too.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:42 pm

I try to limit my cell phone usage while I'm driving for this very reason. I haven't made any fails more epic than missing a turn, but I wrecked my first car (my beautiful blue Buick T_T) because I looked down at my iPod for the wrong two seconds.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Amzi Live » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Well...I actually used it while driving today,and I think it's not allowed here either,but I'm not sure. I just forget my blue tooth every time I leave home.
Still thankfully nothing has happened yet due to my use of my cellphone.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:50 pm

but I wrecked my first car (my beautiful blue Buick T_T) because I looked down at my iPod for the wrong two seconds.

--

XD. ipod- warning, if used improperly, you may total your car.

ACTUALLY. Today, I was driving and I was texting, and I looked up and I was like "DANG!" becaues I almost hit an old woman.
Not to mention I hit a patch of ice and since I don't have winter tires cos I'm cheap I went flying through an intersection o.o;;.
Not a good driving day for Bee.

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:51 pm

[quote="xblack_x_rosesx (post: 1272450)"]but I wrecked my first car (my beautiful blue Buick T_T) because I looked down at my iPod for the wrong two seconds.

--

XD. ipod- warning, if used improperly, you may total your car.

ACTUALLY. Today, I was driving and I was texting, and I looked up and I was like "DANG!" becaues I almost hit an old woman.
Not to mention I hit a patch of ice and since I don't have winter tires cos I'm cheap I went flying through an intersection o.o]

Why were you texting? That's ridiculous! XD

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1272451) wrote:Why were you texting? That's ridiculous! XD

.rai//

-sigh-
If I knew that, I would know a great deal about the universe.

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:56 pm

xblack_x_rosesx (post: 1272452) wrote:-sigh-
If I knew that, I would know a great deal about the universe.

Seriously, don't ever do that again. You could easily kill someone.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:59 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1272454) wrote:Seriously, don't ever do that again. You could easily kill someone.

.rai//

I don't do it too often.
And unfortunetely, I have a feeling I'm one of those people who just DOES NOT LEARN unless they actually... you know, screw up.
I'm still on probation, so I probably should be careful v.v

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:03 pm

xblack_x_rosesx (post: 1272456) wrote:I don't do it too often.

Not good enough. It only takes one time.

And unfortunetely, I have a feeling I'm one of those people who just DOES NOT LEARN unless they actually... you know, screw up.

Just don't do it!
I'm still on probation, so I probably should be careful v.v

This, only you meant so say "definitely be very careful".

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:05 pm

XD.

I hate the stupid probation program. -curses politicians-

But, yes sir, master it won't happen again!
-grovels. or something-

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:07 pm

It's totally illegal here in Australia and has been for awhile. I'm really against it because using your mobile while driving requires concentration that should be focused on the act of driving safely.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Sanderson » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:00 pm

Whenever someone calls me while I'm driving, I just pull over then answer it / call back. If I have a passenger with me, I have him / her answer it.

I've had my license and first car for three years now, haven't got any tickets, accidents or anything so far, let's see how long this will last for.
Sanderson

Postby ADXC » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:05 pm

Yeah, it's illegal for me to use my cell phone while driving and I hope that I never have to use it while driving. Plus I can make mistakes without using my cell phone, thank you very much. Oh wait, that's nothing to be pround of. (Agh, sorry you grammar people. I know you just cringe whenever you see a sentence end with a preposition such as the one you are looking at. XD)

Guys + Multitasking = EPIC FAIL

Im not sure how they do it, but girls seem to be way better at multitasking than guys can multitask. I can only do one thing at a time to get anything done, Im absolutely serious.

Hey, this thread reminds me of another thread that KBS made.
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=46746
And look it has the words "Driving" and "Cell Phone". KBS, is there any particular reason you keep making threads about these things? Are you hiding anything from us? Any tickets you may have received?
ADXC

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:07 pm

ADXC (post: 1272485) wrote:Im not sure how they do it, but girls seem to be way better at multitasking than guys can multitask. I can only do one thing at a time to get anything done, Im absolutely serious.

XD Oh man.
I can... chew gum and walk? Does that count as multitasking?

My dad used to always get mad at my mom because she'd be reading a book while watching a movie, and he'd be all "WOMAN, THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN BE CONCENTRATING ON BOTH!" and she'd be like "WOMEN CAN DO IT."

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby ADXC » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:10 pm

Well, hey I won't argue with that. I sure can't watch a movie and read a book at the same time. This is just how us guys are, simple as pudding.

Im not sure chewing gum and walking counts(I can do that.), but if you can text while driving,...
ADXC

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:12 pm

ADXC (post: 1272488) wrote:Well, hey I won't argue with that. I sure can't watch a movie and read a book at the same time. This is just how us guys are, simple as pudding.

Im not sure chewing gum and walking counts(I can do that.), but if you can text while driving,...

I'm tempted to get a bunch of male labrats, and female labrats, and make them text while driving, just to get some raw statistics.

Yes. Labrats.
I have faith they can operate both technology and machinery.

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby ADXC » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:16 pm

Well, that would be an interesting experiment. However don't pin the blame on someone else when you find out that all of the males either got into car wrecks or fell off a cliff.
ADXC

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:19 pm

ADXC (post: 1272492) wrote:Well, that would be an interesting experiment. However don't pin the blame on someone else when you find out that all of the males either got into car wrecks or fell off a cliff.

I was actually planning on blaming it on you for sparking my brain wave.

-shifty eyes... BIG GRIN =D -

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby ADXC » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Um no putting the blame on me. Would this happen be a plan to get rid of the guys you despise the most? XD
ADXC

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:30 pm

-blame is officially on you-

No, I've got other plans for them. -tents fingers-

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby ADXC » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:36 pm

But we haven't even done this yet!

Goodness, Im so accustomed to talking about death thanks to my AP Lit(And my AP Lang class) class last year where kids get their arms cut off, old ladies are decaptated, crazy secret-hidden wives commit suicide, kings sending off assasins to kill their competition, the good ol' endings where everyone dies, men hunt other men for sport, people having a lottery to see who gets stoned(And Im not talking about the kind with drugs. Let's just say that they were "rocked" to sleep.), and men getting shot in the arm and not even caring about it. Ah good times, good times.

Woops forgot two, drunk men getting run over in the street and perverts commiting suicide.
ADXC

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Lol texting while driving. I'm too scared to try doing something crazy like that. O_o

I don't know how my fellow women can put on makeup and drive at the same time either. Forget that! Not only does it put your life and the lives of others at risk, but...how can you possibly see your whole face in that tiny mirror? XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:12 pm

ADXC (post: 1272485) wrote:Guys + Multitasking = EPIC FAIL

Well, I don't know...I can do a few things while driving...I can sing and dance in Japanese while doing 60-70 on the freeway.

ADXC wrote:Hey, this thread reminds me of another thread that KBS made.
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=46746
And look it has the words "Driving" and "Cell Phone". KBS, is there any particular reason you keep making threads about these things? Are you hiding anything from us? Any tickets you may have received?

No, I can thankfully say, I've never recieved any tickets because of my cell phone while driving. The only ticket I've recieved while on the road is when I was caught doing 60 in a 40 about 3-4 Years ago. It's off my record now. I just tend to get fed up over seeing people make bonehead mistakes while on their freaking cell phones! I remember seeing one person on their iPhone just tapping and swipping away on the stupid thing while on the interstate (freeway). I'm like...MAN! GET OFF THE PHONE!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Nothing really with the Cell Phone. if I'm on the phone my eyes are on the road and I'm paying attention. However, when I was a teenager I was fiddling with my cd player (attached via one of those cassette wire thingies) at a red light when it turned green. I started to go and hit a curb, wrecking my tirewell. To this day they have the area on that curb marked for me.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Next

Return to General