What Biblical character would you like to meet in Heaven (besides Jesus)

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:49 am

Sakaki Onsei (post: 1266298) wrote:Thomas, so I can find out why the blazes he doubted God.
Thomas only ever said what everyone was thinking.
Fish and Chips

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:28 am

Sakaki, it's not good to doubt God but everyone's done it at some point in their life. Are you trying to tell us that you always trust him 100%?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Nate » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:10 am

Besides, Jesus didn't get angry at Thomas for doubting Him, so I don't see why we have the right to.

Besides, didn't Kierkegaard say that you must have doubt to have true faith? That's why it isn't faith to believe a table or a computer exists, because you can see it and touch it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:34 am

*sigh*

Y'all need to stop taking this thing so serious, and get off my back.
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby Shadowfax » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:03 pm

Enoch: a man who had a love for God and such a strong relationship with him, that God couldn't bear to keep him away anymore, and took him away from this earth and into heaven (Gen 5:24), sparing this loving son from even experiencing death. Try reading the Book of Enoch and learn about this man's walk with God and the amazing stories and visions that he saw; it's not an essential read, but it is a worthwhile one. :)
[SIZE="1"]"This is only the beginning."[/SIZE]
Shadowfax

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:58 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I would want to meet Joshua. No particular rhyme or reason, I just want to meet the person who I'm named after.[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby That Dude » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:00 am

Melchizedech for sure, also Titus, Simon the Zealot, Enoch, Noah...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Purplefire » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:57 am

I would love to sit down and chat with the Samaritan woman that met Jesus at the well. Yeah, I have to be different. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby KagayakiWashi » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:26 pm

Hmmm.....Elijah and Samson, because I always have enjoyed their stories.....Nehemiah, because I respect how he was all "Oh man, there's a job that needs to be done and I'm gonna do it!", Zechariah because I like his prophecies, and John so he could tell me what exactly went on during the Patmos episode, as well as what were those 7 things that were shut up and not revealed.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby agasfas » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:05 pm

Doubleshadow (post: 1265956) wrote:Daniel is the only major prophet about which nothing bad was said.

For the same reason I would like to meet Daniel. Daniel stood strong in his faith and dedicated every aspect of his life to the Lord. For me, Daniel modeled how one should serve the Lord.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby goldenspines » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:35 pm

Considering I'll probably have quite a bit of time on my hands in heaven, I'd probably just meet all of them; I wouldn't have to pick one. :p
But just for the sake of the question, I would very much like to meet Gideon.
goldenspines

Postby That Dude » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:57 am

I'd also like to meet Malichi. James and Jude as well, it'd be interesting talking to people who were Christ's half brothers and also considered him their Lord and master.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Lady Kenshin » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:45 pm

Eve, because she's my mommy. I love her!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:51 am

All of them. The ones who served God mind you, XD
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:07 am

Jonathan!!!! you know. . . David's Best Friend. . . .
He's such a good guy . . .
Phoebe

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:36 am

Paul. I wanna meet Paul. He wrote Ephesians and Romans :D
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mave » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:08 am

Nate (post: 1266294) wrote:You're assuming that the John that wrote Revelation is the same as John the disciple...which is not necessarily the case. There's actually dispute if they are the same person.

You're all talking as if that there'll only be 2 Johns in Heaven. Good luck filtering through all the Johns in Heaven and slapping all of them to be sure.

Or at least, I can imagine Nate standing on a podium and yelling out

"Will the real John who-wrote-that-annoying-book-called-Revelations, pls stand up?"

XDDDDD

Jokes aside, I would like to meet Moses, Daniel, Elijah and Paul. Why? I guess I've always liked their experiences and would ask them what they think about our times. If Heaven permits, I'd invite them to dance para-para with me.

Oops back to joking mode...
Mave

Postby RidleyofZebes » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 am

I'd like to meet Enoch. If for nothing else to give him a pat on the back.
David. See aforementioned reason.
Luke. He wrote 2 of my favorite books, both his self-titled account of the messiah, and Acts, which went a step further.

I might think of more later.
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby Dante » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:25 pm

I think I'd like to meet quite a few people just to see how close they really are to how my mind portrayed them whilst reading the Bible.

EDIT: Of course... I might not want to be actually introduced formally to any of them, that way I can meet them as people without any preconceived notions about how they are. Then it would be really wild if after a thousand years I found out that I was actually accidentally friends with someone I had heard legends about when I was alive and didn't even know it for all that time... That I think would actually be a bit cooler, and would seem a little less fake.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:34 pm

Probably Titus first, or Nathanael. n.n So many questions!
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby F.M Disciple » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:54 pm

One of Jesus' brothers either simon, jospeph , James or judas. ( this judas is not judas isscariot.) or sisters

Because I would like to know what it would be like to grow up with Jesus
and hear some interesting family stories.

I imagine a meeting with Jesus' siblings could kick the stuff out of anything that dan brown could come up with in his novels.
F.M Disciple

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Actually, most scholars agree that James, Simon, John and Jude were his cousins.
Just thought I'd point that out.
*Hopes he hasn't opened a can of worms*
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby bakura_fan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:59 pm

In all honesty I don't care. Yes, there were amazing people in the Bible, but in all honesty there's no one that I really feel like saying "I gotta meet that person!" I would like to see Abe lincoln though. Have since I was little. So guess that that's stuck with me for awhile. I guess I don't care cause I figure there's a whole eternity for these people. Maybe I'd just start with Adam and Eve and go from there. lol.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:38 am

rocklobster wrote:Actually, most scholars

I like it when people say "most scholars" especially when that isn't the case at all. Usually "most scholars" means "a couple of people who said this."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:48 pm

I want to meet Jephthah's daughter.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Nate wrote:I like it when people say "most scholars" especially when that isn't the case at all. Usually "most scholars" means "a couple of people who said this."

Most scholars say you're wrong.
uc pseudonym

Postby Yuuenchi » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:17 pm

I think I would like to meet any or all of the companions of Paul: Epaphras the "dear fellow servant" Junia/Junias, Chloe, and others who I cannot now name or remember and learn from them what it was like to learn at the feet of the great Saint who opened the fold to us Goyim could find salvation, so that my wonder and love for Jesus could grow even more than it will when I get there.
"The beauty of Jesus is inexhasutible. ... He is beautiful everywhere, in the disfigurement of the Passion as well as in the splendors of the Resurrection, amid the horrors of the scourging as well as amid the indescribable attractions of Bethlehem. But above all things our Blessed Lord is beautiful in His Mother." Fr. Faber
Yuuenchi

Previous

Return to General