Snow @_@

Talk about anything in here.

Snow @_@

Postby Dante » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:43 pm

It snowed today in Flagstaff!!!! This is the third time I've ever seen it and the only time I've ever seen it fall and actually STAY on the ground or gotten a good look at it when its falling (the other two times were in a car. I'M SO EXCITED!!! YAY!!!!! Its cool and nothing like what I thought it would look like in 3D, TV and pictures just don't do it!

(Is Happy)
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Peanut » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:52 pm

Snow owns, especially when it's covered with freezing rain...ah the memories...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Smile:) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:53 pm

WOW!!!!
I can't imagine not getting snow in fall, then not having it stick around 'till mid spring.:shady:
I glad you got to see snow up close! Your rigth it's not the same on TV.
Isn't it cool how it looks like it has gltter on it?
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:54 pm

I remember my first reaction to snow... those beautiful, ethereal flakes, the slushy goodness... then I found out that snow=subzero cold and I've hated it ever since.
USSRGirl

Postby Peanut » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:08 pm

USSRGirl (post: 1269501) wrote:I remember my first reaction to snow... those beautiful, ethereal flakes, the slushy goodness... then I found out that snow=subzero cold and I've hated it ever since.

This reminds me of another thing I love about "cold" weather/snow...watching people who have lived in warm states all their lives bundling up when it's only 50 degrees farhenheit outside while I'm just crusing around in crocs (no socks included), jeans and a hoody over a t-shirt (maybe). Oh the fun I have chuckling at this "cold" weather of theirs...

Peanut

Postby Dante » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:22 pm

This reminds me of another thing I love about "cold" weather/snow...watching people who have lived in warm states all their lives bundling up when it's only 50 degrees farhenheit outside while I'm just crusing around in crocs (no socks included), jeans and a hoody over a t-shirt (maybe). Oh the fun I have chuckling at this "cold" weather of theirs...

hey, i was outside today in shorts and a t-shirt!! :P

I remember my first reaction to snow... those beautiful, ethereal flakes, the slushy goodness... then I found out that snow=subzero cold and I've hated it ever since.

That's why I have the hat... the hat keeps my head warm... It feels like Pheonix in Summer with that fluffy wonderful bundle of Communism on my head! AND ITS FUZZY XD!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:24 pm

... I depise crocs. And smug tundra natives. *sporks out a Peanut artery*
USSRGirl

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:33 pm

Peanut (post: 1269508) wrote:This reminds me of another thing I love about "cold" weather/snow...watching people who have lived in warm states all their lives bundling up when it's only 50 degrees farhenheit outside while I'm just crusing around in crocs (no socks included), jeans and a hoody over a t-shirt (maybe). Oh the fun I have chuckling at this "cold" weather of theirs...

Guilty.

Except for the snow bit, because that's a bit hard to do without any.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Peanut (post: 1269508) wrote:This reminds me of another thing I love about "cold" weather/snow...watching people who have lived in warm states all their lives bundling up when it's only 50 degrees farhenheit outside while I'm just crusing around in crocs (no socks included), jeans and a hoody over a t-shirt (maybe). Oh the fun I have chuckling at this "cold" weather of theirs...

I grew up in Florida (where our seasons are Hot and Slightly Less Hot) and I love going out in 50-degree weather in jeans and a t-shirt. I get my laughs watching people from farther north than I bundling up.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Dante » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:10 pm

I guess it comes in my DNA, my mother being from new york I guess you could say that I was born for this, but because my father is from Arizona originally, I'm also built for the heat... Best of both worlds! It's so beautiful out there now! (The light from the street lights is causing the WHOLE sky to appear like it's aglow!

(And snow feels REALLY cool when it runs between your toes!)
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby ADXC » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Man, I hope it snows this year. You know what's so bad about it? My state starts with the word "north" and my town starts with the word "winter". You see how embarrassing it is not to get snow with names like we have.

We haven't had a good snow in years. I mean we may get a few flakes but nothing really heavy anymore.
ADXC

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm jealous... I've never seen snow.. I live in one of those states that doesn't snow.. *tear*
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:32 pm

animedude90 (post: 1269533) wrote:We haven't had a good snow in years. I mean we may get a few flakes but nothing really heavy anymore.

Believe me when I say that every town has its share of flakes - they won't be hard to find.

. . .

Oh, you meant SNOWflakes. My bad.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Peanut » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:34 pm

USSRGirl wrote:... I depise crocs. And smug tundra natives. *sporks out a Peanut artery*

People who despise crocs are the very reason I keep wearing them...:evil:

And yes, Maryland is the tundra...and so is Florida...and West Virginia...and Seattle...

Pascal wrote:I guess it comes in my DNA, my mother being from new york I guess you could say that I was born for this, but because my father is from Arizona originally, I'm also built for the heat... Best of both worlds! It's so beautiful out there now! (The light from the street lights is causing the WHOLE sky to appear like it's aglow!

(And snow feels REALLY cool when it runs between your toes!)

DNA does have a lot to do with it. Being ridiculously skiny, I tend to not be as resiliant to the cold as others (hence the hoody at 50 degrees...of course that's also because I like hoodies and whenever I can get an excuse to wear them in Florida I do). Another thing that I've noticed is just general psychology in terms of location. While some people do break this trend, a lot of my friends who've lived in Florida tend to define cold as anything below 70 while for me you don't really get into the cold range until you've dropped into the 30s and below (obviously for individuals in areas with a lower average temperature, this definition would be even lower). Still, when I see incidents such as when I saw someone wearing ear muffs and a heavy winter coat on campus when it was only like 50...I just can't help but gloat...

Peanut

Postby ADXC » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:40 pm

No, Im not talking about dandruff; although, I do have that too.

Oh wait, did you mean like idiots? Woops.
ADXC

Postby Peanut » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:41 pm

I do eat Frosted Flakes whenever I decide to have cereal at Chartwells...oh wait you weren't referring to those flakes either...

Peanut

Postby ADXC » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:46 pm

Wait, what about corn flakes?

Don't you guys ever think there is too much stuff that may be refered to as "flakes"?

Hey Tony the Tiger doesn't have a problem wearing black without the blue. Oh wait his box is colored blue! Agh!

I know a really bad joke about the dandruff shampoo, but I doubt I should say it here. If you want to know it, PM me. It doesn't have any cuss words, just that some people who is involved with royalty may be offended.
ADXC

Postby minakichan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:48 pm

It's November, I'm in Boston, and we're still getting weather in the 50s.

AKA awesome. I HATE SNOW. I swear if I had a car, I would drive around extra just to do my part to contribute to global warming.*

*Not actually true. Probably.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:57 pm

It snowed alittle over here as well today ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby termyt » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:26 am

My neighborhood in winter:
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby GeneD » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:43 am

Lil_Ninja (post: 1269535) wrote:I'm jealous... I've never seen snow..
Ditto. We have rainy weather right now, but snow seems to be a more eventful form of precipitation.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Stephen » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:57 am

Most years we have snow by now. It has been unseasonably warm. Only 30s and 40s at this point. Which is a switch...heh. Soon enough it will be 20 or so below zero and we will have a ton of snow I am sure. Then I can mail it to Nate.
Stephen

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:20 am

Wow. This thread make me jealous of all of you who have cold weather. Where I live, it's forecast to get up to 89 degrees Fahrenheit this week. So much for autumn. :(

I miss the cold.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:23 am

Weather is wonky this year.

I live in Northern Alberta, so we almost always have tons of snow by October, but we STILL haven't gotten snow that's stayed. And it's like, 5 degrees (Celsius) pretty constant too.

It's so nice, I hate winter ><;;

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby RobinSena » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:38 am

It snowed today >.> I hate snow with a passion. Bah.

I've lived in the North my whole life, so I'm used to the cold.. As long as its above 25 degrees or so, I still go outside barefoot. Not for incredibly long periods of time, but a few minutes or so.
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Popsicle » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:27 am

Cognitive Gear (post: 1269612) wrote:Wow. This thread make me jealous of all of you who have cold weather. Where I live, it's forecast to get up to 89 degrees Fahrenheit this week. So much for autumn. :(

I miss the cold.

I'm in the same boat as you right now...:shady:
Popsicle

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:46 am

It's only 33 degrees atm over here X___X It's supposed to be go up to 36, but that's hardly a difference -___-

COOOOOOOOOOGNI, I'LL TAKE THAT NICE WARM WEATHER FROM YOU <33
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ADXC » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:04 pm

Could you guys that live in the North, send some snow to us southerners? I really want some this year.
ADXC

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:07 pm

HOLY ASDFGHJKL.. IT'S ONLY 24 degrees right now :o
Tsukuyomi

Postby Popsicle » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1269698) wrote:HOLY ASDFGHJKL.. IT'S ONLY 24 degrees right now :o

It's 90 degrees right now! D:
Popsicle

Next

Return to General