What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:19 pm

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Excellent movie.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby ich1990 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:01 pm

The Forbidden Kingdom

Didn't catch it in theaters so I rented it. Excellent martial arts movie. That is, the story never got in the way of the fighting.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:26 pm

I just finished watching Marie Antoinette.
GhostontheNet

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Just finished The Triplets of Belleville. Very well animated. The story telling techniques used were great. I think that pixar may have used this as a guide for how to properly tell a story without dialogue when they were creating WallE.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

Cognitive Gear

Postby GeneD » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:19 am

Watched Ten Things I Hate About You again the other day. I miss Heath Ledger.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:54 pm

Just watched V for Vendetta (for the first time, even!)! Very cool, I enjoyed it. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:12 am

The Ring :evil: I really liked it; it was creepy and thrilling and mysterious. But I was surprised, because I didn't get very scared at all. I guess it's because I've seen The Grudge, which was WAY scarier. Also, I think one reason The Ring stopped being scary was because of the part of the movie where they go down into the well and find out that the creepy little girl actually just wanted to be heard. That made me just feel sad, rather than freaked out of my skin.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Danderson » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Just watched Iron Man...for the 1st time (yeah, I got around this summer)...
It was good, especially in the effects department, but from some the reviews I had read I was honestly expecting somewhat more a serious film....not that it wasn't serious, but it felt like watching a cartoon....wait, never mind...But overall, I guess it was good....
Danderson

Postby ich1990 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:35 pm

Open Season

From the front cover, I expected this movie to be another terrible attempt at comedy filled with the cliche talking cartoon animals and scads of pop-culture references.

It wasn't. It was like a cross between Escanaba in the Moonlight and Over the Hedge. It was hilarious. It was even more funny because I actually know people who act like the main bad guy (actually, I have acted like the main bad guy on occasions).
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:32 pm

Tonight I watched Sleepy Hollow for the third time, and this time I emerged from it so impressed, that I've decided it's the great American horror movie in the same manner I've also decided Nosferatu The Vampyre is the great German horror movie.

[quote="the_wolfs_howl (post: 1268804)"]The Ring :evil: I really liked it] Having personally greatly enjoyed both The Ring and The Grudge, I definitely agree that The Ring is a much different kind of scary movie from The Grudge. I think the scariest part of The Ring is the whole element of the race against time and the sense of gothic mystery behind it all. The film does a really good job of presenting the theme of objects in television screens crossing over into reality, and if anyone disagrees, they should try to watch the film at arms length from the television.
GhostontheNet

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:37 am

I thought The Ring was excellent too. The part in the well onwards was probably the scariest part for me. Especially the circumstances leading up to it. Gosh! Great movie.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Sanderson » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:48 am

I watched Role Models, very funny movie.
Sanderson

Postby Aletheia » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:25 pm

The last movie I watched was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with my dad yesterday. It was a lot better than I expected.
MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aletheia

Postby LiquidOcelot » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:57 pm

I saw Changeling recently and I thought it was quite good. I love Angelina Jolie and I thought she was great in this film!
LiquidOcelot

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:30 pm

I just finished watching Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark.
GhostontheNet

Postby Stephen » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:32 pm

RadicalDreamer wrote:Just watched V for Vendetta (for the first time, even!)! Very cool, I enjoyed it. XD

Did you watch it on the 5th or the 6th? Cause if you watched it for the first time on the 5th that would be all kinds of awesome.
Stephen

Postby Ingemar » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Just saw Spaceballs.

Funny, but I liked Mel Brooks' older stuff better.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:10 pm

A couple of days ago I saw Corpse Bride. I liked it a lot. Now I need to see Nightmare Before Christmas again.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Maledicte » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:21 pm

Watched Iron Man yesterday (great) and watched The Mysterious Geographic Explorations of Jasper Morello today (excellent).
Maledicte

Postby ich1990 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:43 pm

Gladiator

This was, hands down, the most epic movie I have seen since The Lord of the Rings. Awesome story. I highly recommend it.

I thought the movie would be unwatchable with our clearplay filter on, but I was impressed, the story was completely understandable. About the only thing you didn't see was the blood spraying and a few other gory details.
ich1990

Postby minakichan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:54 pm

Mamma Mia!

I love musicals, but eh, this one wasn't terribly amazing or amazingly terrible. One guy DID run to the front of the dark lecture hall during both "Dancing Queen"s and start dancing, compelling a good 20 people to join him. That was fun.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:36 pm

I just finished watching Spiderman.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:54 pm

I just finished watching The Blob.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:42 am

Let's see...the last new movie I saw was Nanny McPhee. Much better than I'd expected it to be, and that's most definitely because of Emma Thompson's wonderful acting. She manages to fit herself into so many different roles; it's amazing! I was also surprised and pleased to discover that Colin Firth was in it too (lolol Mr. Darcy).
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:20 am

Tonight I watched Devil's Advocate.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:07 am

Tonight I watched Fate/Stay Night Vol. 3, Kodocha Vol. 7, and Marie Antoinette.
GhostontheNet

Postby Stephen » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:11 am

Watched the new Bond yesterday. I really liked it, but I can see why diehard Bond fans are mad. No gadgets and whatnot....it felt more like a Bourne film then a Bond one. But all in all I liked it. I also saw Tropic Thunder. And Nate...wow. I am glad I listened to you. That movie was AWESOME.

"SCORCHED EARTH!"
Stephen

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:59 am

Watched Big Fish for the first time, and Dark City for the second time.

Big Fish was fantastic. I'm glad that I finally had the chance to see it.

Dark City was awesome. I had completely forgotten how beautiful the sets in this movie were, and I love the way it delivers it's message. The director's cut is definitely the way to see it.

Cognitive Gear

Postby minakichan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:05 pm

Watched Dark Knight again~!

I thought it wouldn't be as impactful the second time around, but I found myself grabbing my scarf and muffling myself just as much as I did the first time. Actually, watching it the second time made me anticipate stuff, but since my memory wasn't perfect, it only make it all even scarier. I screamed at the same place in both showings.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Sanderson » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:56 pm

minakichan (post: 1270600) wrote:I screamed at the same place in both showings.

Let me guess, was it when [spoiler]the hung body of that Batman copycat slammed onto the window? That made me jump when I first watched that movie.[/spoiler]
Sanderson

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment