Happy Halloween

Talk about anything in here.

Happy Halloween

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:05 am

Happy Halloween everybody. God Bless and hope you are all having a good time.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Cap'n Nick » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:09 am

And let's not forget Reformation Day! A friend of mine also has a birthday today but I don't think he's reached the status of international internet-wide veneration yet.
Cap'n Nick

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:33 pm

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!
It's my favourite holiday ^^... better then Christmas (or tied at least =P)

I'm dressed as a zombie catholic school girl. It's such fun, I'm totally drenched in blood and all my clothes are ripped and have holes burnt in them... and I'm getting all this candy to boot.

Tonight I'm going trick or treating with my sister and brother for the first time in... 5 years! Imma get a decent haul =D
Thennn, around 9:00 my best friend and my boyfriend are coming over and we're going to have a horror movie marathon till 12:00-1:00, then we'll probably hit up a party or something.

Thusly to say, I am SO excited for this evening ^^

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Tarnish » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:37 pm

Yep. This Halloween I gots me a nice Mrs. Lovett costume that I slaved away on for weeks. I has me some bags of candy, a copy of Shaun of the Dead, gonna watch The Orphanage, plannin' on taking a walk, taking some of the kids trick-or-treating...Halloween is definitely my favorite holiday.

SO THERE ARE NOT WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW UNFAIR IT IS THAT I'M SICK.

...Happy Halloween. Least I can still watch the movies.
Tarnish

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:40 pm

Tarnish (post: 1267377) wrote:SO THERE ARE NOT WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW UNFAIR IT IS THAT I'M SICK.

...Happy Halloween. Least I can still watch the movies.

O.o

I'm sick too! It's lame being sick on what is probably the most fun holiday. I'll be watching 28 Days Later and 3.... Extremes.

3... Extremes is possibly the only "Horror" movie(s) I've seen that is actually scary.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Stephen » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:43 pm

I will celebrate by working all night...and then going home and going to bed early so I can go hunting in the morning. >.< Have fun guys!
Stephen

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:47 pm

My best friend who's coming over tonight was Mrs.Lovett!

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby KagayakiWashi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm going to be performing "The House of Frankenstein" as Vincent (Price) the Houseplant. I'm doing a 7:30 and MIDNIGHT (zombie) show. If I want any candy, I'll just go buy some tomorrow when it's on sale.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Midori » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:04 pm

I'm currently selecting music to play to make our creepy decorations creepier. Our current favorite for the moment is a track from Earthbound called "Happy Happy Village in Blue". Despite the title, It's actually rather creepy.
Midori

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:10 pm

I was gonna hand out candy to Trick-or-Treaters but the previous night I was up till past 11 playing Fallout 3 and Dead Space (can you blame me?), then I woke up around 3 a.m. and was sick. Took a while to get back to sleep and then at 6:20 I had to get up and go to work. I didn't feel like eating much because my stomach still wasn't entirely settled. By the end of the day I was pretty wiped out and just didn't have it in me to sit outside in the cold for two to three hours. Too bad, I always look forward to it.

. . . But tonight I will watch Killer Klowns from Outer Space as I do every Halloween.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Ingemar » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:25 pm

I wore my Red Mage costume to work all day. Those of you who know me know exactly what I'm talking about.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby ADXC » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:35 pm

Too bad I can't really enjoy it, I have a paper for AP Lang class to fix and a research paper for Bible to work on. But please everyone else have a fun time.
ADXC

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:50 pm

Helped out at the church fall festival dressed as a fairy. The little girls liked me. :) I may just post a photo.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:56 pm

Happy birthday, L.
USSRGirl

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:39 pm

I spent the evening passing out candy to the little ones that came by ^ ^

I has candy, so I'm happy <333
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby sharien chan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:43 pm

I spent my Halloween forced to watch From Dusk til Dawn....not a fan I must say.
But I'm so glad to not be on my school's campus tonight...everyone's going to be so drunk. >_<
sharien chan

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:29 pm

sharien chan (post: 1267460) wrote:I spent my Halloween forced to watch From Dusk til Dawn....not a fan I must say.
But I'm so glad to not be on my school's campus tonight...everyone's going to be so drunk. >_<

I remember that movie ^ ^ Kinda weird, and I kinda forgot what happens in it :-?

There was this cute little girl dressed up as a blue dinosaur.. She was so cute <33
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Dante » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:52 pm

I had an excellent Halloween! Hope everyone else did too! I spent the evening dressed as Albert Einstein handing out candy at NAU! (If you were on campus and didn't get any, there should hopefully be some left over in the society of physics students room in the physical science building)... Quick what's 213/5! 42.6. Yep I was going around asking crazy questions like that. The trick to doing this in your head is to multiply it by two and then divide it by ten... I chose numbers less then 5 to avoid carrying and then doubled each number 2>4, 1>2 and 3>6. That makes 426. Then dividing by ten is easy, just move the decimal place over one to the left! YAY! You get the answer of 42.6! Works everytime. But everyone who tried (or didn't even try) got a treat anyways... but they got a trick too!

God bless!
-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:53 pm

I spent Halloween buying a spiffy new hat. Also, CANDY.

I also played through Chapter 2 of Mother 3. This is very appropriate for Halloween, and anyone who has played the game will certainly agree.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Sanderson » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:22 am

Ugh it's the 1st now, but Happy Halloween!

Me and my friends didn't plan on dressing up, but right before I left to go to his place, "dude I just threw together a Will Farrell cowbell costume", so I went ahead and tried to think of a costume I could randomly throw together. I ended up going into my mom's room, putting a pink shirt of her's on, wore a cup bra (I think that's what they are called) and silk pair of underwear on the OUTSIDE of my clothes. When I got to my friend's house, his mom tied a white ribbon with pink hearts on it around my goate and put a pair of pink fuzzy bunny ears on my head. When we all went trick or treating and what not, I got whistled at alot. Now that I think about it, didn't what's his name in the Jackass movie have those bunny ears and a bra on when he was wrestling the alligators?
Sanderson

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:56 pm

I got a pillowcase of candy, which was nice.

And I watched Fido, and Sleepy Hollow and some other classics with some friends till pretty late.
No partying for me, but I did have a super great halloween ^^
I'm sad it's over =\

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:15 pm

^_________________^.. I HAS CANDY... \O.O/

I didn't get in on my own, but we had some left over from the trick or treaters 8D
Tsukuyomi

Return to General