My "Bottom 5" candies

Talk about anything in here.

My "Bottom 5" candies

Postby ST. Attidude » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:48 am

Halloween is coming swiftly...
Although to me, it's nothing more than "Candy Day." :)

So, to commemorate its soon-to-be arrival, I thought that it would cool to talk about the candies that I could live without (technically you could live without candy, period. XD) on Candy Day.

So, without further ado, my 5 least favorite candies (in order from bad to worst):

5. Good and Plenty (what's wrong with just plain licorice?)

4. Cinnamon Bears (Hot Tamales and Boston Baked Beans do just fine.)

3. Those candy soda pop bottles (There's nothing like sipping syrup that scratches the living crud off your throat)

2. M & M's (These candies can be simply described as it says on their standard dark packaging: Plain!)

1. Crunch Bars (The most pathetic excuse for chocolate, in my opinion. In fact, it should not be even called a milk chocolate bar...milk "sugar" bar does more justice.)

Feel free to throw in your bottom 5 list of candies (or bottom 4...or 3...etc. Or hey, your bottom 10+ if you have such willpower).
Or if ya don't like the negative vibe, then your top list will be fine, too.
Can't wait to see your opinion. :)
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Tarnish » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:16 am

I love M&M's more than I love my own family members ('specially the dark ones. Mmmmm.) They are second only to those neat new Twix with the peanut butter in 'em that are likely to be discontinued soon...
But I gotta agree with you on Crunch bars. Those things are a friggin' disgrace.

The worst candy I've ever had were lollipops with little canisters of spicy chili powder. It's really, really popular where I used to live, but lord, is it digusting.
Tarnish

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:21 am

>_> I like M&Ms and crunch bars.

Anyway, I don't like Whoppers at all, or those colorful styrofoam cookie things.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:35 am

I hate Crunch bars and...well, most American "chocolate" bars actually. That crap is barely chocolate at all. XD M&Ms are okay but only if they have peanuts, almonds, or peanut butter in them. The plain ones are meh. Whoppers are nasty, but then again, I hate malted milk.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby rocklobster » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:58 am

My least faves are those giant jawbreakers that are so big you can barely fit them in your mouth. And if you do manage to get them in there, you might actually choke. I'm also not fond of Necco wafers or "Circus Peanuts". (Why are they even called that? They don't even TASTE like peanuts)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:22 pm

I friggen hate the fact that America does not have Mint Aero bars.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:22 pm

Here's my list in no particular order ^ ^

Candy Corn
Snickers
Milk Duds
Crunch Bar
Starburst
Skittles
Jelly Beans
Nerbs
Sweet Tarts
Smarties
M&Ms

I have no will power at all when it comes to sweets XD
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ich1990 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:44 pm

Beggars can't be choosers, so I wouldn't turn down any form of candy. That being said, skittles are my favorite non-choclate form of sugar ingestion.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:39 pm

ExLax. That's all I've got to say.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby ST. Attidude » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:51 pm

ich1990 (post: 1266356) wrote:Beggars can't be choosers, so I wouldn't turn down any form of candy. That being said, skittles are my favorite non-choclate form of sugar ingestion.

I could'nt agree more with you on skittles. :)
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby animechica » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:52 pm

Hmm... I really don't like Swedish fish. I have no idea what they're supposed to taste like, but I tried eating them one time and they really grossed me out. ;_;

Other candy I don't particularly like are Tootsie Rolls (not chocolatey enough for me usually) and most of the little gums, because I want candy, not gum, doggone it! XD

I guess I can throw in crunch bars, because I usually suck on my chocolate to some extent and those aren't that good to suck on. ><; I want my chocolate with nuts, thank you very much! :b I'm not as big a fan of lollipops like I used to be, either.

Other than that... I really can't complain. Any candy that I don't like can be traded with the sibs for better stuff, sooo... I take it all! ^_^
animechica

Postby ST. Attidude » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:53 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1266344) wrote:>_> I like M&Ms and crunch bars.

Anyway, I don't like Whoppers at all, or those colorful styrofoam cookie things.

I used to like whoppers, but not so much now...but I still like them enough that they are not in my bottom 5 list. :)
______
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:10 pm

"Rapping at the door
Fills up aged pillowcase
So sick of Smarties"
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Midori » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:55 pm

Hmm. I never got the point of milk chocolate. I do like it, but dark chocolate is so much better. Except Crunch Bars. I love Crunch Bars. Only thing better is if it has...like, almonds and stuff.
Midori

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Dark chocolate is the best kind of chocolate. :3
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:46 pm

I HATE the candy that is pretty much drops of colored hard icing on paper.. Ugh..
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Because I'm an opptimist I'm also gonna say my favorite candy too XD

My 5 LEAST faves though:
Licorice, Nerds (they hurt my teeth!), Pixie Sticks (although they are fun to poor in soda!!! 8D), Peeps, (they make halloween peeps?), annd I don't like cinnamon candy

I sometimes joke that I will never eat anything from the MARS Candy cooperation again because of reasons not many on here will ever understand XD!

Favorites:
Troberlone Chocolate! ¦D~
Chocolate Truffles
Gum- I LOVE gum...
I love Japanese Candy Stars...pure sugar goodness!
Dark Chocolate is also good...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Steakface » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:57 pm

I don't really like butterscotch candy but SKITTLES are de best...
Steakface

Postby ADXC » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:57 pm

Im sure many third world countries would love to have the candy that y'all find bad. Man, what has society done to America to make it so picky?
ADXC

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:49 pm

What I'd like to know is why every thread on CAA lately has turned into srs bzns. o_o

Back on topic, did anyone ever try one of those Reese's Whipps bars? Those things are really gross. @_@

One candy bar that I do kind of like is 3 Musketeers.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Prince Asbel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:57 pm

It seems people want to talk about their favorite candies too, so...

Here are the five I can live without.

Licorice,
Spicy chocolate. (Blech!)
Jelly Beans,
Swedish Fish (Again, blech!)
Good and Plenty (Third time now, blech!)

My top favorite is

Candy Bars. The are only a few I don't like.,
Nerds,
Skittles,
Candy Corn,
Bubblegum in the circle-packs.
The greatest Christian manga of all time! http://gameplan.christianmanga.com/
Prince Asbel

Postby Midori » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:13 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1266443) wrote:Dark chocolate is the best kind of chocolate. :3

I once got a chocolate bar, I think it was from France, that was called "Infinite Black". It was 99% pure chocolate. It was sooo dark and sooo bitter and sooo good!
Midori

Postby Mave » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:34 am

I could live without licorice (especially Strawberry Twizzlers) and nougats. Nothing to do with quality but rather my taste preference.

I typically go for
- Reese Peanut Butter cups
- Tootsie Rolls (surprisingly)
- chocolate covered raisins
- Toblerone (dark chocolate)
- Andes Mint Chocolate

And my ultimate fav.

Royce chocolate <3 <3 <3
Mave

Postby GeneD » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:56 am

I don't like liquorice and I'm not fond of anything with raisins in them...and I'm sure there are others but I can't think of any right now.

My favourite non-chocolate candy would be soft/chewy mints. I came close to devouring a whole packet by myself the other day. :sweat:
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby termyt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:34 am

Tarnish (post: 1266343) wrote:I love M&M's more than I love my own family members ('specially the dark ones. Mmmmm.)
You racist.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby KagayakiWashi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:28 am

I don't really like chocolate candy corn (or the other kinds that aren't the pumpkins or normal candy corn)......and that icing on the paper.....yuck. I was young when I ate that and I couldn't get around eating the paper. Whoppers (or anything malted) has never really appealed to me. I think that's about it. I try not to eat a bunch of candy, but if I get something it's usually a Snicker's bar.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Kat Walker » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:43 am

Personally I loathe plain M&M's, but the ones with almonds are among my favorite candies. :D

Foreign candies and chocolates are almost always better tasting than domestic American products... we have some sort of weird tariffs on sugar cane in our country, which makes it expensive and so most companies just use artificial filler like corn syrup or xylitol in its place. Blegh.

Also, I live very close to Mexico, therefore about 75% of the candy people hand out on Halloween has some manner of chili powder on it. >_<;

My bottom 5 candies would probably be the following:
• Candy Corn (it's like sugary wax BLARGH)
• Tootsie Rolls (they're supposed to be chocolate flavored? Could have fooled me)
• Artificial grape-flavored ANYTHING (I can't stand it... it's like cough syrup)
• Anything with coconut flakes in it (I love raw natural coconut, but I HATE it processed)
• Licorice (Candy should not taste like Nyquil. X_x)

Circus peanuts get an honorable mention. I'd rather eat real peanuts than weird marshmallow-y ones. XD
Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.

Colossians 3:14

~ my personal website ~
Kat Walker

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:10 am

animedude90 (post: 1266456) wrote:Im sure many third world countries would love to have the candy that y'all find bad. Man, what has society done to America to make it so picky?

Then they can have it. It's called "preferences," which are revealed by having choices due to prosperity. Most people have these "preferences", and last I checked, there was nothing immoral about it. Why, I'll bet you have preferences of your own. Didn't have your coffee today, I gather?

Anyways . . . here are some candies that I do not prefer, and will choose not to eat because I'm doing well enough that I can.

1. Sour anything
I just don't care for sour stuff. Not my cuppa.
2. Gummi worms
I'm not so fond of the consistency, and they taste kind of bland.
3. Anything with coconut
Bleh. The taste isn't so bad, but I can't stand the consistency. Picking it out of one's teeth is a pain.
4. Licorice
Just not a fan. I'm not a fan of red Twizzlers either.
5. Giant Jawbreakers
Honestly, who thought of these? There's no good way to eat them. Of course, you can always weaponize them in a microwave ala the Mythbusters . . .

As for the stuff I like most . . .

1. Swedish Fish
Asbel, you can give me yours. I love Swedish Fish; they're tasty and have a great texture to them. Good stuff.
2. Circus Peanuts
Rocklobster, they get their name from their molded shape. And I love them. I don't know why, but I do.
3. Mike and Ikes
I have loved these since childhood.
4. Heath/Skor toffee bars
These are fun. The mixture of tastes and textures is much to my liking.
5. The good mints
You know, the ones that feel like packed-together powdered sugar? Those are good.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:12 am

animedude90 (post: 1266456) wrote:Im sure many third world countries would love to have the candy that y'all find bad. Man, what has society done to America to make it so picky?

And I'm sure the starving kids in China would love to have the food you didn't eat last night. Sheesh! Are people not allowed to dislike something just because someone else might like it?

My list goes like dist:

Do Not Want
Licorice
Butterfingers/Chick'o'Sticks (which are just butterfingers without chocolate)
Dots
Hard Candies

Do Want
Dark Chocolate
Almond Joy
Almond Hershey's
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:38 am

I'm going to assume you quoted me on accident or something, dude. XD

As for black licorice, I'm convinced it's made in the very heart of Hell. Nasty, nasty stuff.

Also Kat Walker mentioned hating artificial grape flavor: I am with you on that one. Reminds me of having to take Children's Dimetapp when I was little. Tastes like sugary chemicals.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Next

Return to General