What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:28 am

Tonight I watched Mystery Science Theater 3000: Santa Claus Conquers The Martians and Shaun of the Dead.
GhostontheNet

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:46 am

Watched the Cowboy Bebop movie last night with So Ill (Society of Illustrators)! Good times. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kurama » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:50 pm

Hercules. <.<
Kurama

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:36 am

Tonight I watched Beetlejuice and The House on Haunted Hill.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:35 am

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon :grin: In the original Mandarin! It was awesome. Never have I seen cooler fighting, and I wasn't even too annoyed with the romances, like I usually am in movies.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:00 pm

I just finished watching The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury.
GhostontheNet

Postby ich1990 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Just watched Bells of Innocence, it was cheesy as expected of Christian movies. Still, I enjoyed its darker portrayal of the supernatural world. The character Lyric stole the show. Also, It features Chuck Norris shooting fireballs from his fingertips.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:23 pm

Just watched Dances With Wolves for the first time. Great movie, in spite of the fact that it's been overhyped by my mom for roughly 18 of my 19 years (it's her favorite). XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ST. Attidude » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:34 pm

It's a short film, but I just saw Cannon Fodder by Katsuhiro Otomo (Memories)...

What's really cool about that film is that there is not a single hard cut transition in it.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:15 am

Tonight I watched 28 Days Later.
GhostontheNet

Postby GeneD » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:27 am

Watched Corpse Bride again last night.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Akikaze » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:12 pm

I watched The Matrix for the fifth or sixth time last night.
"For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
Akikaze

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Last weekend I watched Mystery Science Theater 3000: Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Ring, The Orphanage, and Monster House with my friends, the Coyles.
GhostontheNet

Postby Kkun » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:21 pm

The Office Season 1 on DVD.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Kurama » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:58 am

Treasure Planet.
Kurama

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:57 am

I just finished watching The Chronicles of Riddick.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:39 pm

Tonight I watched 28 Days Later again. I'm going to have to buy it, especially now that prices are so low.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:51 am

I watched a movie called What the Deaf Man Heard, which is about a boy who gets on a bus with his mother, but then his mother gets kidnapped (it's intimated that she gets raped and killed, but since it's a PG movie they didn't say that outright) and he's all alone when he gets to the last bus stop. The last thing his mother had told him was, "Not another word out of you," so he doesn't say anything to anyone, and they think he's deaf. He plays along, and lives there at the bus stop till he's an adult - all the while being thought of as deaf, when he can hear every word that's being said. It was rather an interesting premise, if a bit cheesy when executed, and there was kind of an air of laughing at Christians throughout the movie. I half-liked it.

I also saw What Dreams May Come, starring Robin Williams and Cuba Gooding, Jr. It's about a man who dies, and his forays through the afterlife. Needless to say, very surreal and at times very weird. Kind of New Age-y too, because there was reincarnation involved. Kind of nice all the same.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 am

The Devil's Backbone - creepy as anything and very intense too.
Not as good as Pan's Labyrinth (by same director though).
8/10
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby ich1990 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:55 pm

I just saw Bella. It was surprisingly good. As I was watching it I was kind of bored but looking back I see that it is a really good movie. Very subtle. I would highly recommend it, just don't be expecting a lot of action. Also, the main character had awesome facial hair.
ich1990

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:40 pm

Today I rented House on Haunted Hill (1999 remake).

It was refreshingly one of the better horror films I've seen.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby GeneD » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:03 am

Watched an interesting movie, Everything is Illuminated yesterday. I think for the first 20 minutes I mistook Frodo for Spiderman. XD
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby ich1990 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:41 pm

Speed Racer.

My eyes, they hurt.
ich1990

Postby Kkun » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:28 pm

The Office Season 2 on DVD.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Crazy Eights. (Horror film)

Had potential, but badly done all across the board.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:14 pm

Well not a movie but I did just get back from seeing Wicked (the broadway play). First time ever seeing a "real" play outside of a school production and I must say I wasn't expecting such a visual spectacle. Musically it was ok (don't like the Broadway style of singing but this was better. More poppy/mainstream sounding) but the special effects/visuals were fantastic though. The mechanical dragon, the set designs and changes, the lights and colors, the Wizard's mechanical head, and the flying monkeys I thought were great. Oh and when the witch flies up into the air during her big song was also quite awesome to watch... Now if they can make a play this visually awesome without CGI... why don't they do this in movies?

Story wise it was good and creative but could have been fleshed out more especially at the end. I did like seeing how everyone became the familiar characters in the Wizard of Oz though. Now I need to re-watch the movie.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby ich1990 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:06 pm

Indiana Jones IV.

It was about as far out as I expected. Fun though. Shia wasn't as annoying as I was fearing.
ich1990

Postby Lil_Ninja » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:20 pm

A couple days ago I saw the newest Indiana Jones movie too. I thought Shia was too poser for me.. "That's my mother your talking about! *takes out knife*" XD

I also saw The NEW Hulk and Iron man recently. the endings.. They made me joy filled and VERY exited!!!! 8D *if you don't know what I'm talking about, watch after the credits in Iron man and the end of Hulk*
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:08 am

Return from Witch Mountain. Whaaat? I loved the first one when I was a kid! Besides, this one has an uber-young Christopher Lee in it, too! :grin:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:37 am

Last night I watched Van Helsing, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, and Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Phantom Planet.
GhostontheNet

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment