Anyone lonely tonight?

Talk about anything in here.

Anyone lonely tonight?

Postby The Doctor » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:12 pm

I'm in a certain mood tonight. Anyone else lonely tonight?

Feeling lonely, wondering if I'll ever meet the right one for me.

Have yet to make any hardcore Christian friends in the Texas area (moved here in 06).

Just plain lonely...anyone feel the same?
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Nozomi » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:28 pm

In the Texas area? Well shoot, I should think there'd be plenty of christians in the biggest state of the lower 48! Jus' how hardcore you lookin' for?

In all honesty, I'm in the same spot as you though. Living in SoCal, and yes I have hardcore christian friends because of my the christian club on campus that I am involved in... but i've been with them for going on 5 full years, and none of them seem interested in anything resembling a relationship.

You're not alone, man.
There is always hope in the Lord for those who seek it.
Live each day as if it were your first, not your last.
Nozomi

Postby The Doctor » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:46 pm

That's good to hear. I'm trying to get connected down here now...just still going through loneliness ya know?
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:17 pm

Yeah. I feel that way every night. And day.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby ADXC » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:04 pm

Yeah, I always do. But Im used to being a alone, in fact I prefer it. Why? Hardly anyone I know actually would like to "hang" out with me and I just have seen no one pleasant to be around. That is except for my dad, he's great.

Although there come times when I would like someone to be around.
ADXC

Postby minakichan » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:11 pm

I'm a shut-myself-in-my-room-forever type. Sometimes I feel lonely, but then I remember what a hassle it is to talk to real people =D
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby ADXC » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:18 pm

@ minakichan- So true! Also what adds into the mix is the fact that the people Ive known for more than 12 years in my class(Christian school BTW), haven't really matured. Instead I think they have become even more immature than they were before! Thank goodness this is my senior year and hopefully I won't see them ever again! But I do hope the best for them.
ADXC

Postby Feebeefi » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:15 pm

I feel like that too. I have no anime friends who are christian and no christian friends who like anime (except all you wonderful people).

I'm also a shut-myself-in-my-room type as well which doesn't help either lol.

I do wonder if I'll ever meet "The One" but some of us just have to be patient and wait and see what God's plan is for us :)
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Feebeefi

Postby MoonRock Dragon » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:46 pm

I do feel lonely alot and it gets worse every evening at 6 pm when I get a attack of necrophobia so I feel ill and get sick.Sometime I think I was a mistake and should not have existed and maybe I was just put on this earth as a punching bag.
MoonRock Dragon

Postby goldenspines » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:09 pm

In all seriousness but to avoid the emo side of this, sure, I feel lonely quite a bit considering I live in one of the only states in the US where no other CAAers or christian anime fans live(that I know of, I am still looking. ^_^).
But, to echo what Feebeefi said, God has an awesome plan for each and every one of us, even if our circumstances seem hopeless. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby Sparrowhawk » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:04 am

Yeah, I have been lonely ever since going to college. I had an a friend I will never replace, and a girlfriend who was a mature Christian looking for God's will. Obviously me and my best friend never see each other, and circumstances forced my gf (that I dated for three years) to go to a college 11 hours away from me, and she didn't think she could do the long distance thing so we agreed to stop seeing each other. Since then, no close friend, no gf.

At the same time, don't give up hope. If you look in the Bible, there are very few examples of close friends. David and Jonathan were, and Jesus and the Apostles, namely John, Peter, and James. Therefore I think close friends are not something you can force. You can't try hard enuf and automatically get one - though making one does require that. You have to wait till God puts someone else's and your paths together.

The good thing is, once you make a true close friend, they can be friends to stay. Me and my best friend stay in touch, and my ex gf (with a new bf) is now like a sister to me. I talk to both of them regularly. So I still feel lonely, when I have nobody to talk anywhere near as often as I would like, but at the same time, God has provided before, and I am sure he will provide again.

Hope this encourages you.
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."
-Fellowship of the Ring, by JRR Tolkien

Postby Jemuel » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:32 pm

And remember, God's your best friend, too! (No matter how many times you forget/ignore/spurn him.)
Also, everyone tells me if you want a friend, you should be a friend. Don't know how well it works (I'm too lazy to leave my room :\ ) but I'll pass it on anyways. I pray this helps.
Jemuel

Location: If you're a stalker, then I live in the Canary Islands.

Postby ssj2gohan61 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:55 pm

yeah man i think we all feel lonely at times. where at in texas roughly are you...city wise? i live in new mexico... maybe were close?
Love is that feeling you get when a girl looks at you and it feels like your driving a car at high speeds and experience a sudden drop. You know what i mean? That sudden sinking feeling you get in your stomach? Yeah, that's love. Leave's you speechless everytime.
ssj2gohan61

Postby Scarecrow » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:10 am

I don't know how you guys stay so positive or strong in Jesus. Do you like being a shut yourself in the room types? Just curious. I am but I loooathe it. I've thought about throwing my computer out and smashing it just so I wouldn't have it to run to ease boredom or suck life away and I would be FORCED to try to find a more creative way to spend my time alone. But someone else could use it and smashing a new $3000 dollar computer would get some people in my family quite upset. Giving it to them would just defeat the purpose... ya need to smash it to feel right. Plus sometimes randomly posting all your frustrations on the computer somewhere where people will probably never read or care can be a nice stress reliever too so maybe I'm glad I haven't smashed it yet.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Sparrowhawk » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:33 pm

Um, I guess it depends what you mean we stay positive or strong in Jesus. I don't always feel like that. But I know Christ cares. How do I know? Well, the definition of faith is kind of the answer. I know that times I have thought Christ failed me, I just hadn't given him long enough to show his plan and saw I was foolish afterwards. I know he has been faithful to others, and what has he ever done to that should stop me from trusting him? I don't know how or why he is so perfect and good like he says he is. But everything he has claimed, he has backed up, so when I don't see it, I believe I will eventually.
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."
-Fellowship of the Ring, by JRR Tolkien

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:33 pm

Not the only one man, I get that feeling a lot. But God will give you the right lady, like I have faith he;ll do for me , even when meeting some that treat me wrong for no reason:/ XD.

Hang in there.

And I barely know anybody here in AZ, at least in my area that likes anime.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 pm

For everyone, from a longtime lonely man:

God's got your back. Just be patient. He knows we're all patient, and frankly there are times when I feel as though I could have a problem with loneliness. But when those times come along, I pray and ask for God's guidance and put it in his hands. Nearly everyday I do it, but when that happens, I feel much better knowing that it's all working.

A note for each of you on the coasts: If you're near the beach, go to the beach and listen on the wind. If you have a cliffside that's stable, go there and listen on the wind. You might find it soothing.
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:45 am

A note for each of you on the coasts: If you're near the beach, go to the beach and listen on the wind. If you have a cliffside that's stable, go there and listen on the wind. You might find it soothing.

Ah yes excellent advice. If I could I'd sit in a place like that forever. Actually, if I didn't have a job I probably would... there'd be no point in leaving. I love the beach (especially at night and also during sunrise/sunset) and heights... or a even a remote lake in the mountains. Although... the bugs kind of ruin the mountains but the beach ^_^ Sigh... If I could I'd go live in a light house... up on a cliff and over the ocean. Sleep during the day, get up at sunset go to bed at sunrise, walk down the beach in the moonlight, sit on the cliff edge, lay in the sand... sigh... euphoria.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Return to General