How and Why did you choose your username ? everybody

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Wind » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 am

I have had several name changes since I joined CAA

my very first username was Jadefox

I went by Jadefox because that was the name of a character in a story I was writing at the time and I thought she was awesome ( but turned out really lame lol)
then my second username was Hisuikitsune which is Jadefox in Japanese and then I changed it to wind because for two reasons

1. I had an RPG character that was a blind female warrior and her name was wind and she was awesome ( and yeah she actually was >.< lol)

2. well the second reason was more personal but the reason was that my relationship with God wasn't as strong at the time and I really truly felt like I was just being blown by the worldly winds of change and I still have the username to remind me how God has truly blessed me with all I have
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby yukoxholic » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:02 pm

I chose yukoxholic because I was in a hurry and it was a name I had on another forum though I may change it. XD
yukoxholic

Postby ashfire » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:03 pm

Well if you look at my icon you will see the Event Comics comic book I use to get to read before the company folded and one of the creators moved on to Marvel Comics. At one time there was a chance that ASH would be made into a movie about a New York City firefighter who becomes by accident a superhero when he is burned in a fire and he and a alien warrior become one. When Ash gets excited becomes ASH.
ashfire

Postby Lady Kenshin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:01 pm

I chose mine because I love Himura Kenshin....

Um, yeah.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby blkmage » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:10 pm

I chose to name myself after the 8-bit black mage, because black mages are awesome, and I've used it for pretty much anything that has to do with my persona on the Internet. Of course, this was back when if you googled blkmage, it would all be me, but now, people have somehow co-opted it for themselves. Nevertheless, if you look up blkmage on google, I still have a large number of profiles that are tied to me.
blkmage

Postby Midori » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:49 pm

My favorite color is green, which in Japanese is midori. Fairly simple, right?
Midori

Postby Aletheia » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:27 pm

My original username was crashings12, which is something I picked when I was about 13 or so, because my favorite band was Falling Up (for some strange reason) and they had an album called Crashings, which had 12 tracks on it. Voila! That was one of my basic usernames for several years.

Finally, the summer before last, my siblings, who had been playing Final Fantasy XI for months, finally convinced me to try it. I spent at least half a day on my username. I was studying Greek at the time, and I wanted something pretty, since my character was a Mithra (aka a catgirl) and it was a fantasy setting. So I went through all my vocabulary words, looking for something that sounded pretty. People, Greek is not a pretty language. Finally, I found it. Aletheia - truth! That sounded cool. So, after trying a couple different spellings (my first spelling, Alethia, was already taken - can you believe that?!) I created my Mithra thief named Aletheia.

Since the end of that summer, I have been extremely sporadic about playing FFXI, and finally gave it up altogether, but I liked that name so much I started using it as my default username. I even named my Windows account Aletheia, since I couldn't give it the same name as my computer. The spelling has grown on me too - Aletheia rather than Alethia. It's more accurate, and it looks cooler too. There's more symmetry. Or something.

Anyway, this is beside the point, but a while back I was at a church service and a family group of singers was singing. I am usually completely bored throughout this whole sort of thing, and this time was no different, except for when the father was introducing his family. I don't remember any of the other names, but his youngest daughter was named Aletheia. I thought that was pretty awesome. It gives me the courage to maybe name my kid that someday. :P

Oh, and P.S. It's ah-LAY-thi-ah, not ah-LEE-thi-a. ^^
MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aletheia

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:27 pm

I was debating about what I wanted my username to be, but decided I couldn't come up with anything good.

So..... there ya go. :)
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:54 pm

I was big into Skillet at the time. They had a song called scarecrow. While it was never my favorite song, I loved the symbolism. Generally my name is ForsakenScarecrow or PatchedScarecrow but Scarecrow wasn't taken on here yet so I used that :D

But ya the Scarecrow is an awesome symbol. Lonely, dirty, kind of just hanging there waiting for God to come in clean me up and turn me into a real man :D
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Kankokujin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:42 pm

I wanted to make a username that was really unique. As some of you may know. Kankokujin means Korean in Japanese. I ended up keeping it because I found it simple yet unique.
おれはクリスチャンだ!
Kankokujin

Postby eternalprincess » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:58 pm

How: I typed it up when I registered. ;)

Why: Usernames, you kinda need them. ;)

Well, my name "eternalprincess" is something I go by on a lot of places. I picked it out a while ago. I am the True King's daughter through Christ, so therefore I am a eternal princess. :)

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby Jemuel » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:35 pm

Well, my first name was my brother typing a bunch of random stuff onto the computer. (I think it was neopets) It was so bad, I had to copy-paste it - when I lost the file that had it, my account was done. But for my *new* name, I started looking up biblical names. Jemuel means 'God's Day' or 'Son of God' (Dictionary wasn't specific), and its easy enough for me to remember, so I stuck with it.
Jemuel

Location: If you're a stalker, then I live in the Canary Islands.

Postby Sparrowhawk » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Sparrowhawk is the origin of my name - well, the Old English word for Sparrowhawk is. The original word was Sparhauoc, and it got shortened to my current last name =). And I like the Sparrowhawk as well. Small, but fierce.

Though I don't know what animal I would actually compare myself to - (I am about to show how huge of a nerd I am) the closest thing I can think of would be Tolkien's Ents - Slow to do anything, but once I have made up my mind I do it (even if it takes forever) - and if you manage to tick me off watch out; because though my fuse is long, my temper is very bad if you reach the end of it.
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."
-Fellowship of the Ring, by JRR Tolkien

Postby ssj2gohan61 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Gohan is my favorite DBZ character and most likely when he went ssj2 is when hes my favorite lol. as for the 61 its a random number since atleast 10 years ago.. when my family first got internet. i was trying to get scoobyzach and tried a few other simple numbers and 61 was a random number that went through.
Love is that feeling you get when a girl looks at you and it feels like your driving a car at high speeds and experience a sudden drop. You know what i mean? That sudden sinking feeling you get in your stomach? Yeah, that's love. Leave's you speechless everytime.
ssj2gohan61

Postby goldenspines » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:26 pm

The first part of my name("golden") is coined from the phrase "Silence is golden." since I'm usually a rather quiet person. And the second part("spines") represents how I appear to people before they get to know me; rather tough and spiney on the outside.

[SIZE="1"]
Okay, not really, but "Super Sonic" is such a lame reason. XD[/SIZE]
goldenspines

Postby ssj2gohan61 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:16 pm

my TI when i was in bootcamp would always say silence is deadly lol...dunno why i posted this...just your post made me think of back then lol.
Love is that feeling you get when a girl looks at you and it feels like your driving a car at high speeds and experience a sudden drop. You know what i mean? That sudden sinking feeling you get in your stomach? Yeah, that's love. Leave's you speechless everytime.
ssj2gohan61

Postby Robin Firedrake » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:16 am

Simple: Robin S. Firedrake (Took the S. out due to character limit) is the main character in the book I'm writing.
Robin Firedrake

Postby Michiru_Waknaka » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:24 am

Michiru Wakanaka(lost a character when I joined) is one of my numerous pen names, most of which are based off of my real name. In fact, Michiru and the japanese pronounciation my real name are so similar, I bet anyone could guess it. ^_^
So, I guess my favorite shape is a circle. I'd like squares too, if they were round.

I got's a DeviantArt!:
http://toki-no-kishi.deviantart.com/

Have a nice day, kids, and remember, Akito Sohma is watching you! 0_o
Michiru_Waknaka

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:57 am

Once I think of it, I did choose this name after Moon Phase airing for the second or third time :-?

I've always loved the moon, and that just brought it back for me ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Purplefire » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Before I knew that forums existed, my brother signed up for a gaming site with the name of Blueentity. He enjoyed himself at that site so much that he convinced his wife, myself, my husband and my husband's sister to also sign up and start conversing with the new friends he had made. Being that we were siblings, I wanted a way to let the other users know that we were related. The easiest way of doing so was choosing my favorite color and attaching it to the fire in my personality. I've been Purplefire ever since.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby LiquidOcelot » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:32 pm

***might be a spoiler if you haven't played Metal Gear Solid 4 ***

just in case...
It's the name of a character in MGS4 who you might just call an anti-villain.
LiquidOcelot

Postby choklit » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:48 pm

I like choklit. And chocolate seemed kinda cliche, so I chibi-fied it. ^_^
So what's the speed of dark?
choklit

Postby animechica » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:26 pm

Michiru_Waknaka (post: 1266825) wrote:Michiru Wakanaka(lost a character when I joined) is one of my numerous pen names, most of which are based off of my real name. In fact, Michiru and the japanese pronounciation my real name are so similar, I bet anyone could guess it. ^_^

Oooooh, lemme guess! Michelle, right? :3

Hm, as for my name... Sapphi is a real-life nickname I gave to myself when I was little, and continued to tell people to use, haha. It's short for Sapphire, which used to be my favorite gemstone (now it's probably amber or something... which is interesting because my birthday was two days ago, this is november, november's birthstone is the amber-colored topaz and that's also referred to as an orange sapphire IIRC. weird, huh?)
animechica

Postby RFC » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:33 am

lol. This brings back memories... let's see...
Years ago, I was a huge fan of Raven from Zoids Chaotic Century (the "years ago" part makes sense now, huh?). So I just made up an abbreviation.
Raven
Fan
Club
[color="Plum"]Jesus Freak Forever!![/color]
Proud creator of the Fakir Girls! (To visit our forum: click on the banner)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Plum"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators[/color]
"MOES:You gotta know when to hold it, know when you've scrolled it."
[color="PaleGreen"]Con List: Anime L.A. 2008, Saboten Con 2009, Con-Nichiwa 2010[/color]
RFC

Postby Yuen Fei Lung » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:38 am

Well, since I'm into martial arts movies and Chinese culture I've gone by the name "Yuen Fei Lung" for a very long while now.
Yuen Fei Lung

Postby djecliptik » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:21 am

My username is my DJ alias.

My alias was given to me by another dj, that happen to be on a halloween.
Of course, he didnt explain to me why he gave me that name, so I took it that my style was dark at first... So, I decided to search out the meaning of

Ecliptik (middle english for ecliptic) - n.
The intersection plane of the earth's orbit with the celestial sphere, along which the sun appears to move as viewed from the earth.
A great circle inscribed on a terrestrial globe inclined at an approximate angle of 23°27' to the equator and representing the apparent motion of the sun in relation to the earth during a year.

I'm sure it may have other different meanings, however I prayed about it, and it seems that God revealed to me that being given such an alias, meant that they saw light in me. So, I have no doubt in my mind that I have been called to music ministry.
Psalms 33:3 - "Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise."

"A DJ who doesn't Dance, is like a writer who doesn't read." ~Ecliptik

djecliptik

Postby Taliesin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:58 am

Okay, so my name comes from the book Taliesin by Stephen Lawhead, I thought he was awesome and I like the name, so I used it. Plus, its easily shortenable to Tali! My first name was Starhammer, and I have no idea where I got that from. At places where Taliesin is already taken, is use Xaxto, because it is NEVER taken anywhere, and I refuse to put numbers in any username of mine EVER.
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:18 pm

Azier is a major character for the second half of a long running video game series that I am currently writing. Technically, I conceived the idea for it when I was 14, and ended up adopting the name of my then favorite character from the storyline as my common internet screenname.

The game series has not yet proceeded past paper, unfortunately. By 2010, I hope to have the first chapter of the series designed as a personally made freeware game.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby SnEptUne » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

My nickname is actually derived from Sailor Neptune. I had many things in common with her hobby-wise such as swimming, painting, violin, etc...
[SIZE="1"]Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs (1 Corinthians 13:4-5)[/SIZE]
SnEptUne

Postby agasfas » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:38 pm

::Shrugs:::

Mine... It just happened.
One day I was bored and found myself randomly typing gibberish. I found that I could type "agasfas" quickly and it only required one hand.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Previous Next

Return to General