>_>

Talk about anything in here.

>_>

Postby Dante » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:20 pm

So... this is a rant... perhaps we need a whole folder devoted to rants called the rant thread.

Today I had the wonderful opportunity of being stabbed in the back by a (past) friend (now enemy) of mine. He chose the wonderful method of calling the cops on me because we were playing around in the kitchen. He never commented about the event to me, or gave me any verbal or non-verbal cues that our rough-housing was going to far (nor did I use any real force). Overall, something just kind of spooked him, he continued as normal, and then decided to go in his room and make a happy phone call.

I have not gotten arrested nor were any charges pressed initiated (the witnesses are on my side anyways that I wasn't using any physical force that could be interpreted as anything but playful) but overall I'm ****. (Sends dagger eyes towards the other room... and I officially have my first human enemy in the world (My only other enemy being Satan)).

>_<... Well... I guess he wanted one less friend in the world. His loss.

END RANT
-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:43 pm

People just suck like that sometimes. They'll tell you it's all good to your face and then turn their backs on you so fast that you don't have time to say "lolwut?"
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:08 pm

May I ask what you guys were doing exactly?

Have you guys talked about it yet? The air will never be cleared unless it's talked out O_O
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby RFC » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:13 pm

Hm, I didn't know we could make rant threads...
Anyway, I can understand what you are going though right now Pascal, probably more than you know. I had a friend betray me as well and it scarred my entire family. I feel terrible about it even years later because she was my "friend" originally and then she turned around and hurt my whole family.
I've long gotten over the shock and hate, but sometimes it's hard for me to simply trust. I'll be praying that everything gets better for you Pascal. :)
[color="Plum"]Jesus Freak Forever!![/color]
Proud creator of the Fakir Girls! (To visit our forum: click on the banner)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Plum"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators[/color]
"MOES:You gotta know when to hold it, know when you've scrolled it."
[color="PaleGreen"]Con List: Anime L.A. 2008, Saboten Con 2009, Con-Nichiwa 2010[/color]
RFC

Postby minakichan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:23 pm

Oh, I "divorced" a longtime friend recently too. For me it was pretty relieving since I feel like our relationship was strained for a while, but I suppose it was pretty sudden for you.

Eh, you'll both get over it or you won't, right? There are 6 billion people out there; if you lose a friend you can always find a replacement. I suppose there's no need to hold hard feelings against the guy; don't overthink it and just drop him like a pair of old socks.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Dante » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Eh, you'll both get over it or you won't, right? There are 6 billion people out there; if you lose a friend you can always find a replacement. I suppose there's no need to hold hard feelings against the guy; don't overthink it and just drop him like a pair of old socks.

No... I'm stuck next to him, he lives next door. But that doesn't mean we're on talking conditions now and if I'm smart. Ever.

May I ask what you guys w€ere doing exactly?

We were playing around much in the way I see other kids play all the time when I ride around campus (I saw it while riding my bike to eat a double hamburger tonight in fact).

The three of us were out in the dining hall together and they (my new enemy and other friend) were continuing the ongoing joke about how they were going to kill me, and videotaping it. It was and has always been just an ongoing joke, they panned to me and were discussing the question "So, how are we going to kill David?" I'd then play along and tell them the logical falicies in their plan. Morbid eh? But I was the center of the joke, but don't always like it that much. But to play the part of the person walking in on finding two people talking about how they are going to kill me, I grabbed my new enemy and play strangled him in "Play self defense". I didn't use anything that could be considered real physical force, I mean I'm 230 pnds and this kid is 140 pounds I could easily pulverize him with one blow if I wanted to, but I stayed within the limits.

He never complained about this and my other friend didn't find it disturbing at all (he was laughing through the event in fact to show you the force I was using). It was just a mock setup for play. He never commented towards me that he didn't like the level of force I was use body language that acted like he didn't like the event. But... then after it was all done he decides he wants to call the police, not to press charges or really do anything but because he wants them to have a conversation with me. I suppose its his way of saying he doesn't want to be friends anymore, and let me tell you IT WORKS!

-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:00 pm

How long have you been friends with him?

Has he been the type to create drama?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Dante » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:50 am

Since at least before the semester started, we've played like this before and he never had a problem with it. But yes, he is a VERY immature... but never anything this bad before.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby termyt » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:36 am

Hmmm. I'm sure I would not count this person as a friend anymore and I'm sure I would not joke around with him, but are you sure you want an enemy? Enemies require just as much work as friends, sometimes more so. Why devote time and effort to not liking him? I'd think I'd just let the relationship drop to "acquaintance" and do my best to forgive and learn from the situation.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:29 am

Golly, did it ever occur to you that if you're a lot bigger then this guy to such a degree you could take him down with one blow, and you make strangling gestures that could easily be perceived as threatening, that your friend may no longer feel safe in your company? One might think that if your friend felt threatened enough to call the cops just to feel safe talking to you, you would take every measure to apologize and regain his trust. But instead, you come here whining about your so-called enemy to gain our sympathy when the fault lies squarely on your own shoulders. Hmph.
GhostontheNet

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:36 pm

GhostontheNet (post: 1264393) wrote:Golly, did it ever occur to you that if you're a lot bigger then this guy to such a degree you could take him down with one blow, and you make strangling gestures that could easily be perceived as threatening, that your friend may no longer feel safe in your company? One might think that if your friend felt threatened enough to call the cops just to feel safe talking to you, you would take every measure to apologize and regain his trust. But instead, you come here whining about your so-called enemy to gain our sympathy when the fault lies squarely on your own shoulders. Hmph.

I'm not sure if this was meant to be a sarcastic post or not (this being the interwebbies of course), but I don't think that was Pascal's intention ^__^ I'm pretty sure he said they have done this before (rough housing and such). I kinda think maybe him calling the cops was joke to get back at him. That went a bit to overboard itself O.o? It's kinda like how a little kid would call 911 just to see if they would respond.

Pascal, you may want to define how much force you used. Like, was it enough that he couldn't even move? Or, could he easily escape your grasp?
Tsukuyomi

Postby Dante » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:04 pm

He could easily move around on his (I believe if I remember correctly he was still holding a camera throughout this so he didn't exactly has his hands free... nor did he try to have his hands free he just kept holding on to the camera)). So he really wasn't trying to get away. It admittedly wasn't a weak enough grasp where one could instantly pull away, but it wasn't hard to do either from my perspective.

Concerning his now being an enemy I find that it takes almost no effort whatsoever not to buy dish soap for him, let him crack his eggs in my glasses and leave them there till nightfall to dry up while I'm not home or even just say hi to him when I walk by his door. And while I forgive him for what he did, I believe that its best to avoid the very fact that he exists for my own well being. His immature actions are having to many consequences as of late, its like giving a 10 year old a loaded handgun. He's just not ready for life yet. That is to say that he doesn't understand what level of danger is required to get the police involved.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Midori » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:36 pm

I think you should at least still talk to him, even if you don't play with him anymore. If you're ignoring him like that or thinking of him as an 'enemy', I don't think you've really forgiven him. And if you don't forgive him, then how will he know to forgive others?
Midori

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:08 pm

Midori's right :) If not all buddy dubby.. Then at least "Hellos" and "How are yous" will do :)
Tsukuyomi

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:34 pm

Sounds to me like he's one of those types with an unpredictable, childish nature, maybe a little dramatic or attention wanting. It sucks when people can't take a joke and I have been in downright "bipolar" situations like that before where one minute you're goofing off and the next someone pulls something like that (well, okay, never seen anyone actually call law enforcement authorities... a little weird considering if from what I understand that friend was one of the ones instigating the 'let's kill David' gag) without so much as a word to indicate that they were uncomfortable and you're like "uh...? o.O"

I'd just ignore him and let it roll over - and I mean really ignore him. Don't go out of your way to be nasty or not talk to him, just be neutral. It's not worth your time to hold a grudge.
USSRGirl

Postby Dante » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:58 pm

You guys are right... although I had too much pride for it personally... I did talk to him tonight but I have noted that we are enemies... but what's weird is that despite the fact that I'm angry with him and the fact that he practically ruined my life I still feel emotions positively about him. In fact, I feel like I care more about him as a human being now that I've officially declared him as my enemy then I did when we were officially friends (Yes I have declared it directly to his face and re-emphasized the fact fifty times)... but being enemies I was for the first time able to speak my mind truthfully and not cover up anything that I suspected.

I feel better about this relationship now that I'm his enemy... but its strange living out the Jesus definition of enemy... I mean really strange... it's something along the lines of "Hi, I think what you did was really nasty and you're a bad person, so I'm now your enemy... but I'm a bad person too which is why I need Jesus... On that note I should have forgiven you four years before you even did this! Did I mention that I love you... but not in a creepy way but in a happy sort of brotherly love way? Ya know... if two brothers were immortal enemies! ONE DAY I'LL BE YOUR RIVAL IN BIOLOGY AND NO MATTER WE'LL FACE OFF IN EPIC DISSERTATIONS! Just you wait... oh and stop being so whimpy and go out and make yourself a stronger and better person, because I only have one enemy and its starting to look really bad that its you."

(Probably not the Jesus Definition of enemy either, but its hardly what I expected from me either... I'm disappointed in myself, I'm turning out to be a pretty pathetic enemy in this situation... maybe I'll improve in the future.)

@_@...X_x

Where in the world did this come from... I mean I practically cried because I wanted him to improve himself for goodness sake! I knew that Jesus would effect me in a weird way when I decided to create my first real enemy, but this kind a' weird?! I WAS FUMING! WHAT KIND OF ANGRY FURIOUS RANT WAS THAT! I FAIL T_T EPICALLY!

Goodnight.
-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Kunoichi » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:16 am

Pascal (post: 1264548) wrote:You guys are right... although I had too much pride for it personally... I did talk to him tonight but I have noted that we are enemies... but what's weird is that despite the fact that I'm angry with him and the fact that he practically ruined my life I still feel emotions positively about him. In fact, I feel like I care more about him as a human being now that I've officially declared him as my enemy then I did when we were officially friends (Yes I have declared it directly to his face and re-emphasized the fact fifty times)... but being enemies I was for the first time able to speak my mind truthfully and not cover up anything that I suspected.

I feel better about this relationship now that I'm his enemy... but its strange living out the Jesus definition of enemy... I mean really strange... it's something along the lines of "Hi, I think what you did was really nasty and you're a bad person, so I'm now your enemy... but I'm a bad person too which is why I need Jesus... On that note I should have forgiven you four years before you even did this! Did I mention that I love you... but not in a creepy way but in a happy sort of brotherly love way? Ya know... if two brothers were immortal enemies! ONE DAY I'LL BE YOUR RIVAL IN BIOLOGY AND NO MATTER WE'LL FACE OFF IN EPIC DISSERTATIONS! Just you wait... oh and stop being so whimpy and go out and make yourself a stronger and better person, because I only have one enemy and its starting to look really bad that its you."

(Probably not the Jesus Definition of enemy either, but its hardly what I expected from me either... I'm disappointed in myself, I'm turning out to be a pretty pathetic enemy in this situation... maybe I'll improve in the future.)

@_@...X_x

Where in the world did this come from... I mean I practically cried because I wanted him to improve himself for goodness sake! I knew that Jesus would effect me in a weird way when I decided to create my first real enemy, but this kind a' weird?! I WAS FUMING! WHAT KIND OF ANGRY FURIOUS RANT WAS THAT! I FAIL T_T EPICALLY!

Goodnight.
-Pascal

Hey Pascal,

I just read this. Well first off, about the playing around thing...he overreacted but maybe something happened in his past where he DID get hurt from someone like that. If he did it as a "joke" he could have been really angry and wanted revenge or simple immaturity.

I keep seeing you say "enemy". Hun, I'm not going to lecture but even Jesus said to carry your enemies coat longer than asked or to love him and help him. I know what he did hurt you, I know what that is like. At the same time, why create an enemy. For what purpose. Yes, what he did was not right but if you create enemies of all those who hurt you...your going to have an extremely long list.

I don't know if when you said "he ruined my life" was exaggerated or what you meant. If it was what you meant, I know the time is bad but there were no charges pressed and you aren't going to jail. There are far worse things in this life than that and you don't have to let them affect you and define you.

Find it in your heart to forgive him pascal....to truly say "Okay..he screwed up. I don't have to be his friend but since i"m a screw up too (meaning what you said that all people are bad and you are bad and need Jesus) you can't really judge him.

I don't want to offend you with all this..so I hope i'm not but ...I just don't want to see you harbor bitterness. Your not a failure pascal, your human. Human nature is to make an enemy of those who hate us....but the enemy you have chosen to make...well he's human too. He fails too and God loves him too. Satan is our enemy, sin is our enemy. But humans....humans are our brothers and sisters in respect...and you said you loved him. So are you going to be angry with him...harbor bitterness and love him at the same time? that seems hard to me.

I only speak what i feel is correct and I could be totally off base. But this is what I feel is correct.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Dante » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:39 am

practically ruined my life

And thank God for that one word!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Kunoichi » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:57 am

sorry missed practically ^_^;;;;; hope i didn't make you upset
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Dante » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:51 am

Not at all ^_^. Thank you everyone for the advice!

PS. I don't actually have a lot of "enemies" I really only have one human enemy... It really takes something special and extreme to get there with me...

EDIT: Oh and we're probably back to acquaintance by today. But I want to leave it at that. (I'm still ticked off).
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:59 am

Sorry to hear man, people like that aren't worth your time, just move forgive him and move on.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:01 pm

GhostontheNet (post: 1264393) wrote:Golly, did it ever occur to you that if you're a lot bigger then this guy to such a degree you could take him down with one blow, and you make strangling gestures that could easily be perceived as threatening, that your friend may no longer feel safe in your company? One might think that if your friend felt threatened enough to call the cops just to feel safe talking to you, you would take every measure to apologize and regain his trust. But instead, you come here whining about your so-called enemy to gain our sympathy when the fault lies squarely on your own shoulders. Hmph.

I wondered where all my sour grapes had gone - you ate them, didn't you, Ghost?

SERIOUSLY. There are only four things I can assume -
A) This is a ridiculous joke
B) You didn't read Pascal's posts
C) You have never observed friends, particularly male friends, playing around with each other.
D) You're the person in question (admittedly ridiculous)

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:53 am

Rai, that's 4 things.
And everyone chill. It's getting hot in here. Or is it just me?:lol:
Warrior 4 Jesus

Return to General