Interesting business cards

Talk about anything in here.

Interesting business cards

Postby firestorm » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:18 pm

so I have this project i'm doing for a quark class at school. I have to make a business card, letterhead, and envelope. So I was looking online for inspiration and I found these awesome business cards.

this one is like a 3d credit card ^-^.

this one is actually edible hmmmm....

It's the business card for a debt recovery agency notice the broken thumb.
"pay or we'll break your bones?"

ImageImage
Now this one is ineteresting it's for lawn care. aparrently you can water it and it'll germinate and plants will grow.

It's the business card for a martial arts school.

I like this Idea this business card is actual a cd. stick it on your computer you can see the persons resume, more information on the company, videos. Super handy I'd say. As well as...

this one which is a usb drive. same concept, probably more storage space.

anyone who is a graphic design would apreciate this handy card uses graphic design measurement tools to border the card. thank goodnes it's transparent or else It wouldn't be usable. ^-^

finally this one is for a personal trainer. it's printed on a piece of rubber and as you can see at first it appears that the letters is to scruched to read.... until you stretch it. (isn't there an exercise where you stretch something in order to workout your arms and chest?) I really think it's creative.

Anyways so these really helped me . Mine will actually a redesign of the businesscard of the place where I work which is the computer center at my college. So I'm figurig I can make it look like a windows dialgoue box. I'm not sure for the envelope. I'll probably make the letter head like a internet window but sideways. lol my girlfriend also helped me with the idea. I'll print mine when I complete it.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:34 pm

I thought these were cute lol

The landscaping one and the martial arts one were my favorite lol
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby firestorm » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:51 pm

Kunoichi (post: 1263935) wrote:I thought these were cute lol

The landscaping one and the martial arts one were my favorite lol

I agree but that makes me question what kinds of trees they are lol. Now I'm curious man, and I thought the martial arts card was interesting. It just reminded me of when I was in Tai-Kwan-do (the one month I was in lol) and I had to break the wood board to get my yellow belt, that's a good memory man.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:13 pm

I want that graphic design measurement one. XDDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Esoteric » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:17 pm

I don't think I'd want to eat a business card. You never know where they've been....

lol But wow, those are pretty crazy cards (and probably expensive to make).
Esoteric

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:18 pm

oooh I WANT THE STRETCH ONE! 8D
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby firestorm » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1263945) wrote:I want that graphic design measurement one. XDDD

I kow I thought that one was cool I was like "Awesome a business card I can use to make my stuff lol" I just thought of being evil getting it to use it and make my own. (though on the other hand I have the actual tool so I don't really need it lol

Esoteric (post: 1263947) wrote:I don't think I'd want to eat a business card. You never know where they've been....

lol But wow, those are pretty crazy cards (and probably expensive to make).

actually I believe there is a way you can crystallize sugar in order to print on it so that might be it, but the it supposed to represent is getting rid of evidence and the company is called head hunter. *shudders*

oh and I should give the links to where you can find more of them. it's where I found them so let me go back and edit that.

Postby ADXC » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Wow, those are some nice business cards.
ADXC

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:45 pm

The graphic designer in me thinks those business cards are brilliant!
Thanks for sharing.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:38 am

The practical person in me says that the business card CD won't work with most creative types in the movie business since macs are rather common in the industry and most macs have slot loading drives that it would get stuck in.

The rest are gimmicky but cool.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby firestorm » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:58 pm

ok here is my business card

what do you think? Oh and sorry for the printscreen this program is just for printed page so everything is either .qxp, qxt, or .pdf that's it. oh well enjoy ^-^Image

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:38 pm

I want to make my business card on an eraser...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Esoteric » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:38 pm

actually I believe there is a way you can crystallize sugar in order to print on it so that might be it, but the it supposed to represent is getting rid of evidence and the company is called head hunter. *shudders*

I think 'headhunter' is actually the person's job title--it's a common term for a particular class of Human Resources agent.
Sugar huh? It would be palatable then, but still not necessarily sanitary....
Esoteric

Postby firestorm » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:16 am

ChristianKitsune (post: 1264177) wrote: I want to make my business card on an eraser...

actually you can even use a pencil.

http://adsoftheworld.com/media/dm/helena_ayres_proofreader_business_card?size=_original

it doesn't allow me to show picture so I just put up the link but you might want to look into this ^-^ hope it helps.

Esoteric (post: 1264177) wrote:I think 'headhunter' is actually the person's job title--it's a common term for a particular class of Human Resources agent.
Sugar huh? It would be palatable then, but still not necessarily sanitary....

Ohhh that's what it is aahhhh gotcha. *whew* pretty radical name there wow.

On another point, if anything what would worry me is where the givers hands have been since they're the ones with their fingers all over the card before we get them. Hopefully he wasn't scratching his butt.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:53 am

A small price to pay for the awesome factor of an edible business card.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Kurama » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:17 am

Those were so awesome! Clever ideas!
Kurama

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:06 pm

Wow, those are some interesting business cards. So unique and well thought-out.
Does the edible one taste like chicken? :P

How about making a business card on a grain of rice?
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Dante » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:09 am

Those are some great business cards, you have a great design there yourself as well.

People should perhaps have a bit of background about Quark Express, in my personal opinion it's a relatively useless program whose graphic design abilities are subpar of [color="Red"]Microsoft Paint[/color]. Even the most brilliant of artists would have to really crank up their creativity to produce anything beautiful with it... and that was back in 1999... it doesn't seem to have changed since from the screenshot :P... Although it would have been a major improvement if you can actually add text now WITHOUT the program giving you variable line spacings, and variable widths to the common " " between words (thus making your work look like it came off a really bad and old manual typewriter, or worse, merging letters together for no apparent reason).

To quote my teacher of this program, "There really isn't any reason to use Quark Express, except to use Quark Express for it's own right... Everything you could ever want to do could be done easier and better in Photoshop or Illustrator." All the same, every graphics design job out there somehow wants their users to suffer through a course in the program or to have experience with it... I only hope they don't ever make them use it (shivers). (Death by creative suffocation)

Good job man!
-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby sharien chan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:31 pm

I like the pens and it says "this pen was stolen from" and then thename and address of your company. XDDD They still make me giggle.
sharien chan

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Pascal, what are you talking about? I worked with Quark Express from 2002-2004 and it was very good (far above Microsoft Paint in terms of design capabilities). And you'd hope so it was pretty expensive.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Dante » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:42 pm

(Not when I worked with it, may 2002-2004 is better, but the interface from what I saw above hasn't changed much.)
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:52 pm

The program I worked with was quite powerful but the interface was a mongrel.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Return to General