I see I made the news again

Talk about anything in here.

I see I made the news again

Postby Stephen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:59 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/10/08/bc-bear-attack-survivor.html

In all seriousness though, that may be the most hardcore thing I have ever read.
Stephen

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:04 pm

Nao you has moar scars, Steve \o.o/
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby sharien chan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:11 pm

Say what now?

That is insane.
sharien chan

Postby ADXC » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Wow, good for him. Too bad for the bears, but at least the man made it out alive.
ADXC

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:32 pm

Canadians 1

Bears 0

You have to say, he had a lot of guts to go after the bear.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby sharien chan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:18 pm

Stephen...how do you find yourself in these situations? XDDD First a shark and now a bear...XDDDDDDDDD
sharien chan

Postby User Name » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Stephen has two names, apparently. Larry and Jim.
User Name

Postby Song_of_Storms » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:30 pm

So much for the ol' curl-up-into-a-ball technique. Heck, I've said that wouldn't work for years.

Phew! Thank God he's alive.

...taking on a bear single handedly? Isn't that Chuck Norris' job?
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:23 pm

...Dude!

That IS hardcore! XD I've never heard of anyone surviving a bear attack by fighting back. With a STICK. I refuse to read the comments, though, because I just know someone's gonna be all "ohhhh he killed the poor bear HE SHOULD HAVE DIED INSTEAD." Augh. XD

Regardless, sweet. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:26 pm

that sounds like something from an action movie.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:48 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:
That IS hardcore! XD I've never heard of anyone surviving a bear attack by fighting back. With a STICK. I refuse to read the comments, though, because I just know someone's gonna be all "ohhhh he killed the poor bear HE SHOULD HAVE DIED INSTEAD." Augh. XD

You mean like this,

That poor bear, how dare he kill it. I mean like, the bear was like here first, like for sure!

XD

But really, its the bear or him, nuff said and he won.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:17 pm

Wow that must have been really something.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:04 am

That guy should've been called John...
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:26 am

He should've brought the body back and stuffed it. Nothing like making a trophy out of a bear you fought with a stick.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby termyt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:06 am

User Name (post: 1263292) wrote:Stephen has two names, apparently. Larry and Jim.

I see another screen name change coming...
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:14 am

LadyRushia (post: 1263330) wrote:He should've brought the body back and stuffed it. Nothing like making a trophy out of a bear you fought with a stick.

You know, I'm not much for taxidermy, but if I killed a bear with a stick like that, I'd have the sucker stuffed and mounted - at least the head. That sort of thing needs to be commemorated. Best conversation piece ever, especially if you have hunting friends.

"Oh, I see you've got a bear on the wall there. What did you take her with - a .308, .30-06?" (I'm probably underestimating the caliber rifle one would use for a bear, but hey - I don't hunt)

"Just some piece of wood lying on the ground. Of course, it broke the first time I hit her with it, so I only really used half the stick."

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:23 am

Oh my goodness! XDD I like how he says he tried to kick the bear in the face first!!! XDD!
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:18 am

Colbert would be proud. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:32 am

-metalocalypse style- BRUTAL.

I liked "All I saw was eyes full of hatred". Eyes. Full. Of... Hatred.

It's funny, my bf parents are going to 70 Mile House this weekend. Maybe they'll get this guys autograph for me =P

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:08 pm

I can just picture Steve kicking a bear in the face... RUN STEVE RUN ~(O_O)~
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby sharien chan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:29 pm

My favorite line in the entire thing was when he said he kicked it in the face. XDD Who does that?
sharien chan

Postby ADXC » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:24 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1263349) wrote:You know, I'm not much for taxidermy, but if I killed a bear with a stick like that, I'd have the sucker stuffed and mounted - at least the head. That sort of thing needs to be commemorated. Best conversation piece ever, especially if you have hunting friends.

"Oh, I see you've got a bear on the wall there. What did you take her with - a .308, .30-06?" (I'm probably underestimating the caliber rifle one would use for a bear, but hey - I don't hunt)

"Just some piece of wood lying on the ground. Of course, it broke the first time I hit her with it, so I only really used half the stick."

.rai//

It would be a good conversation piece for your hunting friends, but maybe not for a formal occasion with people who aren't exactly seasoned in hunting or even been near a deer. "Oh my, where'd you buy this beast?" "Oh I just killed it." "Good gracious, surely you shot it like ten times." "No, no I just hit it on the skull with a piece of wood that I found on the ground and she just fell over like a big timber. Hey would you like to see my gashing head wound?" "Good heavens no!" *Guy shows wound* *Everyone faints*
ADXC

Postby ich1990 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:00 pm

sharien chan (post: 1263413) wrote:My favorite line in the entire thing was when he said he kicked it in the face. XDD Who does that?

You mean who other than Chuck Norris?

I think my respect for Canadians has increased.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby sharien chan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:46 pm

ich1990 (post: 1263469) wrote:You mean who other than Chuck Norris?

I think my respect for Canadians has increased.

Well of course Chuck Norris does it...on a regular basis I'm sure. But someone normal? XDD
sharien chan

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Chuck Norris wouldn't have to kick it u_u He'd only have to stand in front of it and the fist in his beard would emerge and punch the bear out D:<
Tsukuyomi

Postby sharien chan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:12 am

Tsukuyomi (post: 1263582) wrote:Chuck Norris wouldn't have to kick it u_u He'd only have to stand in front of it and the fist in his beard would emerge and punch the bear out D:<

Or the bear would kick itself in the face...
sharien chan

Postby ADXC » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:48 am

Nah, Chuck Norris is to the point where he can just glare into your eyes and your insides will go into fury causing you to punch yourself into submission.
ADXC

Postby sharien chan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:34 am

animedude90 (post: 1263691) wrote:Nah, Chuck Norris is to the point where he can just glare into your eyes and your insides will go into fury causing you to punch yourself into submission.

Or your insides will start to melt...similar to what the ebola virus does...
sharien chan

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:52 am

animedude90 (post: 1263451) wrote:It would be a good conversation piece for your hunting friends, but maybe not for a formal occasion with people who aren't exactly seasoned in hunting or even been near a deer. "Oh my, where'd you buy this beast?" "Oh I just killed it." "Good gracious, surely you shot it like ten times." "No, no I just hit it on the skull with a piece of wood that I found on the ground and she just fell over like a big timber. Hey would you like to see my gashing head wound?" "Good heavens no!" *Guy shows wound* *Everyone faints*

. . .

I'm waiting for you to tell me the downside to this scenario.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby ADXC » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:19 pm

Well, okay you got me there.
ADXC

Next

Return to General