How and Why did you choose your username ? everybody

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Doe Johnson » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:14 am

I wanted it to be anonymous -> I like deer -> A doe is a deer, a female deer -> John Doe is a name with doe in it -> John isn't a female name, but it is in the last name Johnson -> Doe Johnson!
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby sainttailfan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:14 am

It is, I hope, painfully obvious why I chose this username :lol:

[SIZE="2"]Scrolling sigs? Hidoi! Yurusenai! ( proud MOES supporter :grin: )[/SIZE]
sainttailfan

Postby Evran » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:52 am

Radical Dreamer (post: 1261512) wrote:my name here is based on my favorite video game/character, Chrono Cross/Kid. Naturally, that extends to the related game Radical Dreamers, but I heard it from Chrono Cross first. XD

Hah! I just knew that must've been the origin of your name, though I never bothered to ask :). Chrono Cross (and Chrono Trigger) rate up in my favourite games of all time as well. Makes me want to bust out the old PS1 and have another play just being reminded of it.

My name has somewhat bland origins. It was the first name of the main character in a sci-fi/fantasy novel I began writing sometime yesteryear (must be a good 4 - 5 years ago now). I was drawing on my own life experiences, so the character ended up being somewhat of a mirror of myself. Been using it as an alias since.
Evran

Postby That Dude » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:35 pm

Well, I was visiting some friends who live in Missouri and they needed extra help at this youth group thing that they were doing and I helped and since I figured that I'd probably never see almost anybody again I just figured that I'd put "That Dude" on my name tag since I really wouldn't be remembered anyway. And that's about it. my username's life story.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Lil_Ninja » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:51 pm

Why I chose my SN: My brother named me "Little Ninja" a while back because I wanted him to give me a Ninja name and at the time, he was training me. Since then, I've gone by Li'l Ninja because I always pretend I'm a Ninja with my friends and also, it suited me. Now all my good friends call me that ^^
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:02 pm

For some odd reason, I love telling this story!

The "KhakiBlue" part came from my old high school uniform. Khaki pants and blue shirts. I first started using it as a replacement for my original e-mail address cpudude_99. My first SN with this prefix was KhakiBlueboy. Then I was KhakiBlueBulbasaur (Go ahead and laugh...). I really ment "KhakiBlueBoy" to be a play on words like "Little boy blue" but flipped around. Nobody caught on...epic FAIL.

The "Socks" Part came about from one of my favorite anime: "Digimon: Digital Monsters". Confused? Allow me to explain...

When I was in the 10th grade, I was watching an episode of Digimon: Digital Monsters--season one. It was during the whole "Who is the 8th Child" thing when the Digidestined kids return to the real world to find the 8th digidestined child. There was a scene in an episode when the techno-geek Izzy snuck out the house to fight a battle, and towards the end, he sneeks back in the house by climbing on top of his desk like this:

For some reason, those olive green socks intrigued me! Mostly because I've never seen that particular color before! Also because the sock looked markedly bigger and poofier than the foot in them! Soon after that, I started using the "Socks" suffix in my screen name. On another forum, I added the word "Thunder" and became "KhakiBlueThunderSocks" (Which could be seen as another Digimon reference--I'll let you figure it out).

So that's the HOW and WHY covered. You can laugh now.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:35 pm

When I chose my username long ago I was really into old Hollywood film noirs, of which The Big Sleep (starring Humphrey Bogart) is possibly the best example.

The J is my name. I'm Johnnie, with an I.E. If I were Johnncy, then you can end my name with a 'y'.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby RidleyofZebes » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:10 pm

My user name comes from a boss character in the Metroid game series by Nintendo. I had just completed Metroid Fusion on GBA, and was enthralled by the series. I was fascinated by this particular character called Ridley. He seemed to be the only recurring character in the series, he could talk, and he was male (unlike samus :O). Plus, he was a FREAKING PURPLE DRAGON. I wanted to instill ph33r in my boardmates, though I knew not yet what "ph33r" meant. meh waz t3h Ub3r N00b. XD

I first used this name back when I joined the GameFAQs Message boards. As it was my first experience with a message board, it was also where I worked out a good bit of my "noob" stage. I'm afraid you guys caught the tail end of it. <.< Anyway, because it appeared that I was the ONLY person on the internet to have this name, I began using it on everything. My email, my gmail, my deviantART, RuneScape (shortened to Ridley3000 for character limit.), Steam... Yeah, everything.

I at one point become self conscious of the length and un-originality(!?) of my name. I started playing around with other names, "Mortagenix" being the only one I actually used anywhere. But in the end, RidleyofZebes came out on top. There was already so much attached to it... I just couldn't let it go. XD

I may change it one day, but that's a day afar off in the future.
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby GeneD » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:38 am

I was "diagnosed" with a freak gene in my high school biology class, but eventually dropped the "freak" since my dad didn't like it (XD). I added the D, which is the first letter of my name and also my nick name.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:05 am

I have a small, yet funny story on mine.

You could say that there is little reason for the first name, I just liked Jaden ever since I played a game called Star wars Jedi academy where the protagonist's name was Jaden Core. No particular reason there yet, but I just went with Jaden as the first part of the name.

When I first joined CAA however I had gotten several mental diagnostics, so I thought that would be nice. I mean, it would suit the theme. I was relatively young in my faith back then and needless to say things where hard from time to time. Thinking that God did not always hear me. I did not however know that Jaden meant *God has heard* which I was told later by a CAA member. Needless to say I was stunned when I was told that. I guess God has heard me even though I am mental. :)
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Saj » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:28 am

MoonRock Dragon (post: 1261420) wrote:Sai do you play WoW tcg?

negative.
" ...to walk on water."

" In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggars's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion. " -- Donald Miller on Grace

Never going to let you down.
Saj

Postby Sammy Boy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:36 am

Well I used to go by the name of Ultra Magnus, because "Ultra Magnus is most comfortable when carrying out orders, and is naturally uncomfortable if the mantle of leadership should ever find itself placed upon him. In Ultra Magnus's mind, he is a follower, not a commander" (from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Magnus).

But since Ultra Magnus is the intellectual property of Hasbro (being a Transformer character), I changed it to Sammy Boy, as "Sam" is my name (I wanted to just use "Sam" but was told the name was already taken).
Sammy Boy

Postby NnySacci » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:38 am

Well, for me. One of my favorite graphic novels of all time is Johnny The Homicidal Maniac.
His nickname is Nny. My real name is Jonathan, which has many subnames (including Johnny). Sacci is my last name. It's Italian! ^_^ The cc make a ch sound! GET IT RIGHT!!!

So, I just combined the two! NnySacci! YEY!!!!! ^_^_^_^_^ *EPIC WIN!*
Imagination[font="Impact"][/font] is just a taste of [SIZE="4"][color="red"]God's[/SIZE][/color] creativity
NnySacci

Postby sharien chan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:27 am

Jaden Mental (post: 1261735) wrote:When I first joined CAA however I had gotten several mental diagnostics, so I thought that would be nice.

O_O up until now I thought your username was jaden metal....I can't believe I read it wrong up until now!
sharien chan

Postby jim_wijit » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:28 am

It originally comes from trying to pronounce my initials as a word. At length it came out sounding like "djimwa". After some idiotic jabbering I came up with "Jim Widget". Then I thought it would look cooler if it was spelled wrong. It's lowercase and there's an underscore just to make sure noone else would have it.
jim_wijit

Postby RobinSena » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:17 am

Simple. I was really into AudioA back when I signed up, so I chose ChurchPunk. I wouldn't mind a change now though. :P
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby animewarrior » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:20 am

hi everyone!! XD
uhhh well animewarrior is simple and well I tend to forget complicated names... it used to be like vampiressknight something or other but I kind of got bored of that... XD yes I know the story is BORRINNNGG!!! .........later guys
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby Kaligraphic » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:48 pm

I took it. I killed the previous Kaligraphic, and took his username. I also ate his soul.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby EricTheFred » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Eric is my real first name. "Fred" is the nickname I and many others in my family have been at various times called by, because it is the first syllable of our surname (Although spelled and sometimes pronounced "Fret".) And, thanks to being of Norwegian descent and rather tall, I often attract Viking references.

So.. "Eric the Fred" rhymes with "Eric the Red" and thus serves as both my self-appointed Viking name and oft-used online handle.

Doe Johnson (post: 1261556) wrote:I wanted it to be anonymous -> I like deer -> A doe is a deer, a female deer -> John Doe is a name with doe in it -> John isn't a female name, but it is in the last name Johnson -> Doe Johnson!

For the record, a female John Doe is a Jane Doe. I am not making that up.

ChurchPunk (post: 1262162) wrote:Simple. I was really into AudioA back when I signed up, so I chose ChurchPunk. I wouldn't mind a change now though. :P

No. Denied. You may not retire one of the cooler names in all of CAA.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Monkey Princess » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:22 pm

I'm a lot like a monkey and 'saru' 'monkey' and 'monkey girl' were already taken, so I just used princess, because my friends say I'm a prep. Yet, they hate preps, so maybe they just dislike NORMAL preps. (so farthest thing from me)
[color=Plum]freerice.com GO CHECK IT OUT!![/color]
[size=100]
[size=100]Just listen!

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
deviantART: www.akki-otome.deviantart.com
fanfiction: www.fanfiction.net/~lifeislikeanovel
fictionpress: www.fictionpress.com/~r3l[size=84][font=Arial]
[/SIZE][/font]@~`,~ I carry this rose as a symbol of thanks for the all the CAA Mods.
Monkey Princess

Postby Sae-chan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

My name was some random thing I did. I didn't actually know any characters named 'Sae', but I liked the name 'Sai' and so thought the girl version of that would be 'Sae'.... and then I just tacked on a '-chan' at the end. A cute, but not overly cute, girlish, but also somewhat tomboyish, name with a girly suffix and the end. :)
Sae-chan

Postby Mister Frodo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:45 am

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1261499) wrote:Cuz im smrt.

no ur not

On a side note, I'd like to see the "Why and how" reason for the name "IAmAsianYouAreNot." For some reason I can't seem to figure out why you chose it.

But, to my nickname! Well, I was a big fan of Lord of the Rings in past years (I still am, actually.) I became enthralled with it after watching the Fellowship of the Ring for the first time (so, yeah, I saw the movies before I read the books) and I was particularly a fan of Sam. I thought the fact that Sam called Frodo "Mister Frodo" all the time was humorous, so I chose that name. Even though I'm a tall person, I share a great sympathy for short characters (T.K. was always my favorite Digimon character.) I began using the name "Mister Frodo" in Halo 2 because I liked it. I share many of the traits of hobbitdom, actually: I'm overweight, I love food, and I have hairy feet (though I'm a bit taller than the average hobbit). Soon it became my default name for almost everywhere I went, so it seemed natural to use it when I joined CAA (back in my stages of internet noobdom, in which I still suffer somewhat.)

I've somewhat considered changing the name (possibly to Kagura Lover, but... that sounds too much like Mitsuki Lover for me to be comfortable XD.) I think I'll stick with this for a while. Anyway, that's the how and why of my nickname!
Mister Frodo

Postby Feebeefi » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:08 pm

My username is two of my nicknames joined together

Feebee which one of my friends came up with
Fi which everyone calls me

Put together and you get Feebeefi :)

I use this name everywhere on the internet so if you see or have seen a Feebeefi around it's most likely been me :)
Feebeefi

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:32 pm

I like seafood. However, Popcorn Shrimp is a pretty terrible username.

End.
Fish and Chips

Postby ich1990 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:49 pm

When I was a child, I couldn't think of a creative username, so I monotonously paired my initials with my birthyear. It stuck, so now I am forced to use it for all my accounts out of sheer convenience.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby ADXC » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:32 pm

@ Frodd- Refer to this thread for the answer that you seek.

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=48870&highlight=Smartypants
ADXC

Postby Mi-Ru-Me » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:24 pm

well I was reading a manga Dragon Hunter by a Korean author at the time I signed in and the character called himself MI-Ru-Me which was ruffly translated as top-of-mountain or in other words im number one or something like that.
Mi-Ru-Me

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:58 am

My old name was Wingzero22. It was a name that I used on all message boards.

The first board that I was a member of was IGN and since I was a Gundam Wing fan at the time. I wanted my id name to be Wingzero, but there was 21 other people that never posted at the board that had that name, so I went with Wingzero22. I still have one of my IM id that is Epyon, because to this day, I still think it was one of the better Gundam units in the AC time line.

I then started to think about changing my ID name, because wasn't a big fan of the Gundam series anymore.

Since I like Roy Mustang from FMA, I kind of wanted to change it to that, but I waited. It wasn't untill AWA 2006 that I met Travis Willingham and got hang out with him that I really wanted to change my ID name to Roy Mustang.

So in Jan of 2007, I change my ID name from Wingzero22 to Roy Mustang.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:04 am

You know, I never really thought about it.
I wanted something involving elves, and I was in a rush. This just came to mind, hehe.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 am

Back in the day I got in to Anime seriously by way of Record of Lodoss War. I also started on Everquest around the same time, so I created a tribute character who was a cleric named for the priest in the Anime, Etoh. When EQ2 was announced I joined a community dedicated to watching the game's development and took my screen name both from that character and from another anime, Birdy the Mighty, making myself Etoh the Mighty. I decided to continue the joke with other forums , becoming Etoh the Powerful, Etoh the Fantastic, or Majestic, but eventually just settled on Greato. I like the way it rhymes. Hehe.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Previous Next

Return to General