How and Why did you choose your username ? everybody

Talk about anything in here.

How and Why did you choose your username ? everybody

Postby MoonRock Dragon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:34 am

First off the (Questionable And Slightly Offensive username) = Well the reason is because I WAS a very big fan of it since a few months ago and its the longest Japanese word I can spell.

Second Is how I chose MoonRock Dragon = The reason I chose MoonRock Dragon is because OF 3 Very helpful and kind members who helped me figure out a way to get me out of the mess I was in.

Tsukuyomi = Moon
rockLobster = Rock
CrimsonRyu17 = Dragon

So put them all together and you get MoonRock Dragon.
MoonRock Dragon

Postby Saj » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:48 am

My username is short for Sajuuk, which is actually short/modified for Sajuuk-khar which comes from the the game Homeworld2 and means "chosen one". I just use it because i like the name Sajuuk. Its also the name of the Paladin that i created when World of Warcraft first came out, and i still play him too but under a different name.
" ...to walk on water."

" In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggars's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion. " -- Donald Miller on Grace

Never going to let you down.
Saj

Postby MoonRock Dragon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:55 am

Sai do you play WoW tcg?
MoonRock Dragon

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:59 am

I'm really big on Japanese mythology ^__^

Tsukuyomi is the God Of The Moon ^ ^ Yup, Tsukuyomi is actually a guy.. The one in the myth, that is XD

I've always loved the moon, and the name would go both ways <33
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:19 pm

I have always loved my username

Kunoichi - japanese for female warrior or ninja from what I can gather

Just felt it fit me well lol
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Sheenar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:58 pm

Sheenar is an old nickname from junior high/high school. They made my name into an -AR verb in Spanish class and then would conjugate it (Sheeno, Sheenas, Sheenamos, Sheenan). XD And then the trend spread to some of my other friends (Mandy =Mandar, Andrew = Andar).
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby sharien chan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:27 pm

Sharienchan is my screen name. I got it when I was looking up words in an online Japanese dictionary. I searched fate and magnesium sulfate (sharien) came up. Then I thought it'd make a funny name iwth the word chan added on XDDD
sharien chan

Postby KagayakiWashi » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:48 pm

I used to go around the internet with names referencing Jin Saotome or Kyo Kusanagi, but then I needed a new AIM name, as well as a name for a story (now lost) that I had written. I took my name and translated (through a website somewhere) both my first and last name and it came out KagayakiWashi (shining eagle). It could have been Keihatsu Washi or Takayama Washi, but I like Kagayaki Washi the best, and that's generally what I use if I can (due to some sites blocking some of the letters in there).
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby minakichan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:11 pm

O_O EMBARRASSING ORIGIN STORY TIME!

So, in 6th grade or so, Pokemon Crystal was announced to come out in a couple months in Japan. I was totally stoked for the release because it was the first Pokemon game that let users play as a girl, so I read up a lot about it. One bit of news noted that there would be a BRAND NEW CHARACTER named Minaki. Naturally, I assumed this was the default name of the main female character and adopted the name Minaki-chan in anticipation.

No. It's this guy:

I didn't feel like changing it when I found out, so it pretty much stuck. I use "minakichan" (no caps, no hyphen, one word) now. I don't really mind; I think it's pretty funny ^_^

The other name I go by, fusakugyoku, is my Chinese name (Fu Tseyu/Fu Ceyu) in Japanese (Fu Sakugyoku)
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Pretty simple for me:
I'm a Christian annnndd I think foxes are about the most cutest/prettiest little critter in my area of the world XP

Back when I was obsessed with Japanese culutre, I loved how Kitsune sounded compared to the word Fox. XD I'm not really so much obsessed with the culture anymore...but I love the word still, haha. It sounds more elegant?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:53 pm

Why: Because . . . I needed a username.

How: Because I used to be more of one of those dorky Japan nuts, and so I -had- to have a Japanese screenname. My old Xanga was Engetsuken no Kishi, which was (if online translators serve me, which I nowadays doubt XD) "Knight of the Crescent Moon Blade". Yeah. I was even more of a dork then. I shortened it to Raiden no Kishi (Knight of Thunder and Lightning) for practicality's sake, and got rid of that previous moniker (everybody hated it because it was so long and not in English XDDD). Now I'm kinda tired of Raiden no Kishi, but I can't think of anything better. Someday, I'll change it. I might just shorten it to Rai, because that's what most people use that either know me or have been on the board for any period of time.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby silver_wolf454 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Becuase......I am a silver wolf......XD Nah Silver is my pen name/nickname and wolves are my animals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][color="Green"]Banner art by: Shao-Feng-Li[/color][/SIZE]

"I am but mad north-north west. When the wind is southerly....I know a hawk from a handsaw."- Hamlet, Shakespeare's Hamlet

[color="DarkOrchid"] "There's rosemary - that's for remembrance. And there is pansies - that's for thoughts." [/color] -Ophelia, Shakespeare's Hamlet
silver_wolf454

Postby User Name » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:00 pm

I just typed in what I thought it told me to type.

When it says User Name, I always think that's what I have to type. I did. And got this silly name.
User Name

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:03 pm

I made this name up about five years or so ago because all my old screennames were lame and I wanted a better one. The best one I could come up with was "shiroi hikari", which means "white light". I use it just about everywhere now. Also I think I'm one of the few CAA vets who hasn't had a name change. XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:26 pm

Doubleshadow serves as a reminder to me that Christ is always with me. It's as if His shadow is right here beside; that is how real His promise to be with us is. I use to remind myself that I am never alone, although I have made some friends and my loneliness is only occasional now (like when my roommie leaves for weeks on end XD).
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:13 pm

Yay, this thread again!

I am neither a bob nor a duck, and yet I'm a little of both.

Ah, waves of memories dating back to 2003 are flooding my brain now...
**lets it soak in** Way back when there were some people who thought I was smart!

Anyhow

My username has a few points of origin. They all fit together, so don't ask questions until I'm done... That means YOU.

1. My dad is an old fashioned type. Possibly because he's also old. He's the traditional old-fashioned American Ettiquite, treat a lady nice kind of guy. Holding doors and chairs and things, you know. So, one day, I was at the doctor's office, and I was in a rush to get back to my car. As I rushed out the door and let it close behind me, I waited for my Dad to come up to the car. He comes out, furious, and I don't know why, but apparently I had let a door slam in some old lady's face. He let me know in more than a few words that I ALWAYS hold the door open for people. So, from that point on until a couple years back when it kind of wore off, I did... Obsessively. For everyone... To the point that my parents would get angry with me at theaters, as I'd hold the door open for everyone leaving the movie. Ah, good times.

2. I had a generic name I'd use when I didn't have a name for a guy. I'd call him Frank. Well, my friend had the same sort of habbit. He'd name characters in RPGs or random people the same thing: Bob, which was his Biological father's name. For some reason, I dropped Frank and Picked up Bob. Frank is now my secondary name. (For girls, I use Mary. Bob, Frank, and Mary) I started using Bob all the time, and it became a part of the "random, but not really, Luke (my real name)"

3. In 2001, I was doing a Summer program I didn't really want to do, it was a last resort (that, or go home, and going home sounded like torture) I was in a bad mood a lot, and I was really jealous of some guy because he got a lot of attention from Girls. That's beside the point, but even when I was angry, I'd do my door-holding thing... Even for people I was angry with. On one particularly angry afternoon, I held the door open for this girl that I had liked (and, of course, wasn't liked back) and she said "Thanks."

I was tired of people saying thanks... It felt empty. Why thank someone for something like that. I told her "That's like saying thank you to a duck for quacking." So she responded (She was quite the interesting individual) "Ok, duck. Thank you for quacking." So a bit later, probably that day but possibly a day or two later, I was holding the door open for a different girl, a counselor at the camp I was program staff on, and she said thank you. I replied "Hi. My name's Bob. I'm a duck." She said "So you are no longer Luke the man, but you are Bob the Duck." I said "It's my secret identity. Like Superman... And if I take my glasses off, I'm Clark Kent." That girl ended up being my girlfriend for a while. I called her Lois. She called me Clark and Bob, alternatively. I used to salute all the time, but her kids couldn't salute, they just kind of put their arms against their heads. So I did that and said "Quack" but she said I sounded like the Aflac duck... So we started saying "Aflac" to each other, and she got her kids to do the same thing. Ah, good times.

Here's a pic of me (red shirt) with her on my left in the pic (my right) and my friend Nate on the far right of the pic (my far left) doing the aflac salute.

Memories... Like the corners of my mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Popsicle » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:24 pm

My username is an inside joke between my friends and I. More like a code name actually. haha, but I use it everywhere. So if you see a Popsicle, then it's most likely me. :D
Popsicle

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:27 pm

Essentially, I was playing the Metal Gear Solid 3 Demo, tranquilized a frog and a guard in slightly different spots. Was trying to pick up the frog, stopped cause I heard snoring that seemed like it was coming from the frog. Collected the frog and the snoring ceased...so I assumed that's what it was at the time, may have been the guard for all I know.

Month or two later, needed a screename, wanted something unique that wouldn't be taken ((although it has been on occasion)), and SnoringFrog worked.

Oddly enough, I started liking the color green and frogs after I chose the name.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 pm

My username is a song by this fun little band!
So's my location, btw. As far as I know, there is really no Planet Claire. Except maybe in the little universe those guys live in.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:52 pm

Cuz im smrt.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Location and object. Sakaki = Evergreen tree. And I'm surrounded by them. Onsei = song

Effectively, if it was a direct translation, it would be Song of the Evergreen Tree
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:20 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]Well, hmm.....this brings back mem'ries. XD;;

Hana came from an old, OOOOOLD Naruto RP in which Konan (The female member of the Akatsuki) still was un-named.
So, since she had a flower in her hair, and "hana" is Japanese for "flower", we started calling her that.
--I was the one to play her, and I still like her, even though the RP died suddenly. =[

Ryuuzaki comes from, well, L's nickname in DeathNote. :3
L is my favorite character.
Why?
'Cause he's full of "Lawl"s. XD;;
*Gets shot for the bad pun*[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby minakichan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:47 pm

'Cause he's full of "Lawl"s. XD;;

I'VE USED THIS PUN TOO AHAHAHA MY DORKISHNESS KNOWS NO BOUNDS *hugs new best friend in the world*

The weeks following that reveal, I stopped typing "hahaha" (I never really used "lol") and only typed "lawliet."

/tangent
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Peanut » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:04 pm

My name is a direct result of me being a real life legume who is very Charlie Brown-esque....ok I can't continue on with that horrible lie/joke/attempt to be funny...

My user name comes from an overly used nickname I got in middle school because of my allergy to peanuts. When I joined CAA I needed a username so I used it since I was used to being called by it anyway. And thus I have been Peanut ever since...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:13 pm

I tend to fail miserably at making good usernames (the best one I've ever come up with is "Exaggerated Disinfectant," but it's so long that I've never gotten to use it XD), so my name here is based on my favorite video game/character, Chrono Cross/Kid. Naturally, that extends to the related game Radical Dreamers, but I heard it from Chrono Cross first. XD

When I first joined CAA 3 years ago, my name was Rurouni_Kaoru, because I was a huge fan of Rurouni Kenshin at the time. XD Most people then called me Kaorrie, but now people either call me RD or they call me by my real name, depending on how well they know me. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sparx00 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:34 pm

Sparx00... How I got this name is an interesting story.

Once we made a game at my church, it was a card game that we called Clay. THe object was to throw different elements at each other, and the player with the element that over powers the opponent's element, wins. There was this weird thing is youth group that we used to do. We used to give each other nicknames. When I was first old enough to go into youth group, I was given the nickname Sparky. Yes, I was first called Sparky. Clay didn't last long enough to catch on as a main game, but the nicknames stuck. Once after a while though, I out grew the title of sparky, and was re-nicknamed Sparkz. But I chose to cut the name short to Sparx. When you first hear this name a purple dragon may come to mind. XD

But it worked, it matched my personality to somewhat of a fault. Powerful, kind, and known to make sparks fly in Halo.
When I was putting in my user name, the title Sparx was already taken. So I added 00 at the end. Why you may ask? It's easy to remember.

However, some of the members on here call me Sparky so I go by that nickname too. :eyeroll:
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:34 pm

I got the first part of my name Lilac, because it's one of my favorite shades of purple and it's a pretty flower and the second part of my name #18, comes from one of my favorite dbz characters android #18 or android 18. her name was latered shorten to #18 on the japanese and english version.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby ADXC » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:45 pm

Well mine isn't hard to figure out. In fact you can find out three things from it.

1. I like to watch anime.

2. Im a dude.

3. I was born in '90.

I know I should try to make up better usernames, but on other forums I have always been -insert something-90. So to fit this one I just said animedude90.

I may decide to change it, but Im afraid people might get confussed. So I won't.
ADXC

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:45 pm

Rushia was one of my characters back in the day, so when I needed a username for fanfiction.net I just used that. Then I got an account on DA and I added the "lady" part and it's been my username everywhere ever since. I always pronounced it "rush-i-ah," but my friends here pronounce it like "roo-shi-ah" so now I kind of say both, XD.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:07 am

Well, when I first joined I was called Undertaker64. I chose that name because The Undertaker was my favorite wrestler, I was really into wrestling at the time, and I thought just plain old Undertaker would be taken and needed to add a number to it. I chose 64 because the Nintendo 64 was the newest video game system I had at the time, thankfully that has been rectified.

Well, after a while I realized that my username wasn't very original, so I decided to change it. I had seen a few other "-Otaku" members on the site and I knew that it was Japanese for fan, so I decided to add it to the thing I was the biggest fan of at the time, wrestling. Unfortunately, I'm not as big of a fan as I used to be. More into football now, but that's another story for another time.
WrestlingOtaku

Next

Return to General