What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:39 am

Eragon - terrible but better than the book (in some parts)
Breaking News - great HK police action movie (with heart)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Stephen » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Watched Into The Wild last night. What a great movie...really made you think about things when it was over.
Stephen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1260145) wrote:Today I watched an amazing movie, I don't know if anyone heard of it but it's called "The Fall". Visually brilliant, and very well done. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended especially if you enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth and such.

Its about a little girl who befriends a suicidal man in a hospital. The man tells her fantastical stories in exchange to try and get her to go get some pills so he can "go to sleep". Anyway, it was extremely beautiful, well done, amazing, I loved it. Best movie I've seen all year. Heck, best movie I've seen since Pan's Labyrinth. If you have a HD-TV, and blu-ray, this movie would no doubt look astronomical. Wish I saw it in theatres. I wanna buy an HD-TV and blu-ray just to watch this again. Great story, creative, etc.... Sure its not perfect, some may find it boring but if you love visuals and the weaving of fantasy and reality, check it out.

Here's the trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thefall/

And its rated R but theres nothing remotely offensive in it. Just thematically its aimed at adults so I guess thats the only reason its R and some violence but anything in LOTR tops this in that department.

Oohh, I watched that movie last weekend! I absolutely loved it and I plan to find it on DVD soon to buy it! It was such a spectacle, and the story was so good! It makes me kind of sad that this movie didn't get more advertising, because it definitely deserves it!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Steakface » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:28 pm

I just saw Eagle Eye at a free showing thing yesterday and it was pretty cool (and by that I mean real good). And I saw No Country for Old Men on Friday and that was cool too...
Steakface

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:44 am

Watched X-Men 3. Pretty dramatic way to end the series, I guess, though I'm not really all that happy about what happened to Xavier. Oh well. They resolved the romantic conflict a lot better than I was expecting, anyway.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:03 pm

I just finished watching The Matrix Revolutions.
GhostontheNet

Postby Kkun » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:27 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1260870) wrote:Watched X-Men 3. Pretty dramatic way to end the series, I guess, though I'm not really all that happy about what happened to Xavier. Oh well. They resolved the romantic conflict a lot better than I was expecting, anyway.

It was like an Ed Wood film. One minute it's daylight, the next minute it's not.

In the last week I've watched...

Curse of the Golden Flower
Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:52 pm

Tonight I watched Fight Club.
GhostontheNet

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:37 am

I want to see The Fall but I doubt it will be released here.
I've heard Fight Club is great, but is it all that?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1260979) wrote:I've heard Fight Club is great, but is it all that?
Yes, it's pretty good. It's not a movie for everyone, particularly because of the dysfunction and mature content, but in your case, I think you would enjoy it. Still, you should be aware that the film contains certain atheistic existentialist themes reminiscent of Nietszsche and Sartre. The implicit theme of the film itself has a lot to do with the question 'Now that God is dead, and consumer culture vainly tries to create values ex nihilo in the existential void, where do we go from here?' This isn't to say that nobody should watch the film and that there's nothing useful anybody can take from it, just that the viewer should be aware of it.
GhostontheNet

Postby GeneD » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:08 am

Watched "Fracture" with my parents last night. It was better than I thought it would be.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:24 am

I finally found "John Q" at Best Buy yesterday! A good investment of $9.99, if I do say so myself.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby RobinSena » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:05 pm

Watched The Nightmare Before Christmas a few nights ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit, although I have to say that I greatly prefer Marilyn Manson's version of This is Halloween to the original.
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:50 pm

This weekend I watched Mystery Science Theater 3000: Hobgoblins, xxxHolic vol. 1, Interview With a Vampire, and Fate:Stay Night Vol. 2.
GhostontheNet

Postby Sheenar » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:05 pm

I just watched The Fugitive on TV tonight. I really enjoyed it --a little bit predictable in places, but still somewhat suspenseful. And parts of it were just hilarious.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Stephen » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:15 pm

Watched Downfall today. Really good film.
Stephen

Postby GeneD » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:40 am

Watched V for Vendetta and The Last Mimzy yesterday and Saturday respectively.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby Scarecrow » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:38 am

Speed Racer movie. What an underrated movie. I loved it. Sure its not deep or anything but never boring and my eyeballs where doing back flips in my head.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:27 am

I last watched Father Brown (US title: The Detective), starring Alec Guiness. Awesome movie. For someone like me, who's rather a big fan of G.K. Chesterton's Father Brown stories, this was amazingly fun. Alec Guiness makes a perfect priest/detective, and is every bit as eccentric as he should be.

I also watched Big, starring Tom Hanks (woah! YOUNG Tom Hanks!). It's about a boy of thirteen who wishes that he could be 'big', and then wakes up the next morning to find that his wish was granted and he's now an adult. The story revolves around him coping until he can make another wish to turn back. It was okay, pretty funny, though also rather predictable (and laughable because it was made in the '80s and all the styles were way outdated). Tom Hanks's acting was wonderful, though.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:36 am

Watched The Fall a second time with a group on campus. XD That movie is absolutely brilliant; I need to own it. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:00 am

Tonight I watched Night Of The Living Dead.
GhostontheNet

Postby RobinSena » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:05 pm

Just watched The Fall, after hearing about it on here.. Wow, amazing movie. Many thanks for the recommendation, Scarecrow. =)
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Danderson » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:42 pm

Just watched Cloverfield tonight..and I loved it....Despite what alot of ppl said, I found it really intriguing and very real. Even though it was shot all hand-held, it definetly felt like something more cordinated then a youtube video. And I didn't get dizy like alot of ppl (but then again, I wasn't watching it on a big screen). And I loved how it actually had plot, yet felt incredibly real at the same time. The ending, while not perfect, I think worked, though, I think they could've come up with something a bit better....That and they could've added some music at some parts, rather then have no soundtrack what-so-ever.....But, oh well, still a great movie from my perspective.....
Danderson

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:51 pm

Tonight I watched The Nightmare Before Christmas.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:19 pm

I just finished watching Batman.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:06 am

Tonight I watched Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal and Millenium Actress.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:06 am

I just watched Frequency, and it is REALLY GOOD. I haven't seen such a good movie since Ordinary People (I was going to say Wall-E, but then I thought that wouldn't be a very good comparison XP). It's starring Dennis Quaid and some guy I'll never remember the name of (he played Edmond Dantes in the newest Count of Monte Cristo movie, and Jesus in The Passion - which makes me rofl for some reason XD), both of whom are top-notch in this movie. The opening sequence is really exciting and tense and sucks you right in; almost immediately I latched onto Quaid's character, a selfless firefighter. There were parts of the movie that were so tense they left me almost exhausted once they were done, and then there were parts that were so beautiful and fragile they made me cry. For some reason, I noticed that the transitions were especially good too :eyebrow: And the central story is the strong relationship between a father and a son. It was so refreshing and wonderful. They don't hate each other. Their love for each other is strong, and it builds them up, till not even time itself can keep them apart. (Lol, how's that for a bite-sized review?) Frequency is now on my Favorite Movies list.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GeneD » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:57 am

Watched 300 for the first time last night.

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:44 pm

Tonight I watched The Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:57 am

Tonight I watched George A. Romero's Day Of The Dead.
GhostontheNet

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment