Family Trees?

Talk about anything in here.

Family Trees?

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Soo... I have to do an assignment for my geography class and answer questions such as "Why am I here? Where did I come from? Why did my family come to America, and why are we where we live?" Stuff like that.

So I asked my father why his side of the family came here...and he said totally serious, (apparently someone in our family wrote a book that I should track down XD) That his side were Pirates. ARGH! (I'm a Pirate? O.O)

Annd I'm pretty sure that my mom's side originated in France (based on the sound of her maiden name XD) and I know that someone on her side helped William the Conqueror somehow...

Annd I'm related to James K. Polk through marriage! 8D (Great, Great, Great, Great *takes deep breath) Great Uncle. XD

I know my mom's side came here in the early 1900's (like I'm sure a lot of families did XD)

Soo what about you guys? Any exciting family histories? 8D

ARGH!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Nia-chan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:51 pm

My ancestors were forced to come to America :( Not only that, but they were forced to abandon their culture, too. So I guess I'll never know exactly where I came from. It's sad, really.
Don't make me hit you with my pocketbook :angel:
Nia-chan

Postby bakura_fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:43 pm

uhm...I know that my maternal grandfather's grandmother (or something along those lines) was a Key. So I'm related to Francis Scott Key. And somehow (don't know all the details) my husband is connected to Abraham Lincoln.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:08 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]The only thing in my family tree is a bunch of nuts, and I'm the pecan in the walnut tree.

Seriously, I don't think I have anyone noteable in my tree.[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:31 pm

i dunno when my dad's side came here, i think it was my great grandpa who came here from italy...

but my mom is 100% norwegian and came here when she was 20. XD But that means I have viking blood in me. RAWRRRR PILLAGING FTW.

(and when i say here, i mean america. lol)
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Danderson » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:37 am

Supposedly on my dads side, we came from one of the first clans of Scotland.....and I remember something about possibly Robert the Bruce being related to us somehow, but I forget......
Danderson

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:58 am

I'm uh... Korean.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Well, around the 1600's, my ancestor, William Dalfand wrangled a bunch of pirates together and forced a drinking ban on them, thus their heads were clearer, and they fought better, ufortunately, they weren't good at sailing and sunk, but before that happened my ancestor had a child, who had more children and for one hundred and fifty years, my ancestors were renegade sea people who went from country to country until fate brought Jackson Dalfand into hand to hand combat with none other than Thomas Jefferson when my ancestors tried to conquer America. Unfortunately, Jackson was accustomed to fighting on sea, not on land...but before he died, he had a child, and that child, along with his mother, escaped the hanging of the rest of the family. That child, Armando Dalfand, took his mother's maiden name, Arnaldo, and they wandered the desert in the west. Armando had children and they became bounty hunters in the old west, because they needed money and they weren't good at farming....but they weren't good at shooting either. They all got gunned down, except for Boss Arnaldo, who was asked to help fight ninjas in Japan, but he got captured by the ninjas and converted themto ninjaism. Then he went climbing up Mount Fuji and he got lost and a dinosaur ate him but he tasted so bad that he spit him into the sky where a crane caught him and took him back to America where he raised more kids and worked at a car plant and then his children worked on the Manhattan Project and my grandfather served in the war and then I was born and brought peach and balance to the force as a prophesied person.

Actually, all I know is there was a guy name Adam......then a little later, a guy named Noah. It gets real fuzzy until I think I was related to one of the unpopular Presidents. Then my grandfather was taught piano by one of Rachmaninov's students.....and my other grandpa fought a bunch of Germans in WWII. Then my parents were born then me. I liked the first one better though.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:54 pm

chibiphonebooth (post: 1259982) wrote:i dunno when my dad's side came here, i think it was my great grandpa who came here from italy...

but my mom is 100% norwegian and came here when she was 20. XD But that means I have viking blood in me. RAWRRRR PILLAGING FTW.

(and when i say here, i mean america. lol)

Viking through my dad, German and Jewish through my mom's.

PILLAGING FTW!
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:18 pm

My ancestors were actually from China ^ ^ I think that goes for both sides of my family :-? My parents then came to the states. Thus, making us the first generation of our family to be in the states 8D

Or, something like that ^ ^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:37 pm

My most famous ancestor is none other than Laura Ingalls Wilder, the writer of the Little House books. Yes, the same books that inspired the famous TV series Little House on the Prarie and made Michael Landon a famous TV actor.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Puguni » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:51 pm

My dad - subsequently also me, because of patrilineage - is of the Jeonju clan. We're descended from the first son of the first king of the Joseon [or Li, I don't remember] dynasty.

My mom's clan descended from the fourth king of the same dynasty. I don't know the name, but it's sort of the same clan.

Then my parents came to America and then yeah. Ummm, and my dad's cousin, who's a woman, is a semi-famous indie singer here.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:40 am

Let's see... one of my great-grandfathers was a Norkie sailor who jumped ship in New York rather than bother with all that mucking about on Ellis Island, so I'm a proud descendant of an illegal alien.

My grandmother on the other side is a descendant of the house of Stuart (her paternal great-grandfather was a British aristocrat), so I have Henry the VII, Mary of Scots, and James I (the James in 'King James Bible') among my more distant ancestors.

Lotsa viking blood here. The three grandparents other than the one mentioned above were two full-blood Norwegians and a Swede/Lapp mix. I feel like I'm talking about dogs when I say that, though.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby AsianBlossom » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:05 am

My turn. :D

Okay, so...my grandma's stepfather was the chess champion of Hungary, and my grandma (when she was a baby) was blessed by either a cardinal or a bishop to become a lady-in-waiting for the Hapsburg monarchy...then communism invaded Hungary and the monarchy fell. >_<

So yeah, I'm half Hungarian because my mom is first generation. I have only a little clue as to what's on my dad's side, since his side of the family's been here in America for a good while (as far as I know). I'm German, Irish (found out about this not too long ago, much to my surprise), and Native American (just about a sliver, I don't know which nation, and it could be 1/32 or 1/64, or if I'm really lucky, then 1/16, but I doubt this last one) from his side, and there's possibly other stuff I don't know about.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:42 am

Weell... uhh... My fiancee is the ancestor of a great family of Knights as well as the first British man to map the Holy Land. The other side? Let me play it for ya this way. My mother's maiden name is McMillen. That roughly translates to "The people who were unpaid peons for the people who actually OWNED the Mill."
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby That Dude » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:51 am

I have quite a bit of famous people in my ancestry, mostly famous german people. I know that my family are descendants of king Peppin the short, king Charlemagne, Lady Godiva. As far as ethnicity, well, I like to call myself a mutt. A little bit of almost everything, including; German, Irish, French, English, Native American and a few others.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:00 am

I'm southern, lulz.

But I srsly don't know most of my family history. My Mom's grandmother was a mix of Polish, French, Italian, and English. My grandpa on Dad's side is supposedly a mix of German and English and possibly Irish and who knows what else.

I'm kind of a mutt, really.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:04 am

I -wish- I knew where I was from. I just say I'm American, mostly. Best I know is that I have some British on my mother's side, including a knight.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Return to General