Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Sparx00 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:33 am

Yo guys! Back from the trip! Mission was acomplished! :thumb:
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby eternalprincess » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:16 am

I'm leaving Tuesday to head out to my house in AZ, I don't know when I'll have the internet back. Probably as soon as I can get my procrastinating self to unpack boxes to find my Mac. XD My laptop is down at the moment. -.-

So, I'll see you all on the other side!

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:23 pm

I'll be gone for a week.

*goes*
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:02 pm

i'm leaving from monday (august 11) - sunday (august 17) for vacation w/ my family.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Aedin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:30 pm

So I'm gonna be a complete idiot, again, and actually post and talk about something when I should just not say anything. I'm thinking about leaving for a bit. No idea if I will or when I'll be back.

And no, I honestly don't know why I'm actually posting this. I should just slip away like a normal person would, but then again I never was normal was I.
Aedin

Postby Danderson » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:47 pm

My family and I are camping this weekend....After that I'm hopefully going to be very busy the rest of August and some of September trying to finish up my film project (http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=49427).....
So, u might not be seeing me on here much.....
Danderson

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:44 am

Back.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:00 pm

jon_jinn (post: 1251976) wrote:i'm leaving from monday (august 11) - sunday (august 17) for vacation w/ my family.

i have returned!

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Sheenar » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:20 pm

I am leaving tomorrow for a leadership retreat with the Baptist Student Ministry. I should return on Thursday or Friday.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby RobinSena » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:50 am

Well, I'm back from visiting some family for a week. I come with pocky and Ramune soda. =)
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:44 pm

Gone for the weekend.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby beau99 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:36 pm

OK, I'm logging out of the forums. Possibly for the last time.
beau99

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:52 am

Me is back untill next Friday.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Gala » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:38 pm

I'm actually back from my....um... extended leave from CAA. :)
Always find time in your day to rejoice for something the Lord has done for you... even if it is just the miracle of getting up every morning.
Gala

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:03 pm

For those of you who may not have noticed, my activity on this forum has been very limited lately due to an increasing amount of school work and other time-consuming activities. Thus, for the time being, I shall not be active on the forum. I am not sure how long this inactivity will last for. I suppose you could just say that I shall be "fasting" from CAA for a while.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:41 pm

Okay, I know that I just came back from AWA and all.

But I will be heading out on a trip to southern Colorado and northern New Mexico tomorrow and I will be gone untill Oct 4th or 5th.

So, take care everyone and see you all in Oct.

Roy Mustang

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:01 am

Happy Trails Roy-Boy. May you find many mini-skirts on your travels.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Danderson » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:32 pm

U guys might not be seeing me much from here on out till Christmas (and maybe later then that)....
..Last week, I went on an internet fast, and realised just how good this was for me as my work ethic, spiritual and social life improved....So, u might catch me on here every now and again, but not as often as before....
Danderson

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Back from my trip to southern Colorado and northern New Mexico.

Roy Mustang

Postby EricTheFred » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:35 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1262445) wrote:Back from my trip to southern Colorado and northern New Mexico.

Two of my favoritest places on the entire globe. I've jealous.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Sheenar » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:02 am

I have arrived at a decision. I need to fast from the Internet for a while. Not sure how long. But I get online in the morning and then almost am late for things. I am addicted. My walk with God and my schoolwork/grades are suffering. I am using my most productive time wasting it on the Internet.

Rules I am setting for myself during this fast: Internet only to check school and personal email (and Blackboard). No wasting time on Facebook (sadly the best way to get a hold of people and to know about events on campus). No CAA. No "surfing/wasting time".

I need to get my focus back where it should be. I've been needing to do this for some time --but kept choosing to put it off and keep doing what I wanted. Please keep me accountable to this. See y'all.

Edit: Actually, I don't trust myself to stay away. I've tried this before. Mods, can I please have a temporary ban of say, 4 months? That sounds like a good start.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby choklit » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:23 pm

Guys, my computer has caught a virus spyware thing, so I'm not allowed to go on this anymore. >_< Don't know for how long, but probably for a very long time. I'm going to miss you all, and I want you to know you guys have been such a blessing. Thanks for the laughs, the advice, the encouragement, and the love. I'll be praying for you guys, love ya lots.

Choklit
So what's the speed of dark?
choklit

Postby ADXC » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:38 pm

Okay you guys, I'll be gone for 4 days at the Wilds starting Tuesday. I may get on CAA when I come back on Friday. I ask you guys will pray for me as I go.

Oh and if you don't know what the Wilds is(And I am sure hardly any of you do), it is a Christian Leadership camp for the Senior classes of private christian schools(Well Im not really sure, it may include more than that.). I shall be going with my Senior class. Pray for me!
ADXC

Postby choklit » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:16 am

Hey guys! the problem was fixed sooner than I expected. :D I'm so glad. I'm back!
So what's the speed of dark?
choklit

Postby RFC » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:36 am

Hiya! I was gone for a bit (schoolwork), but am back :hug:
I'll try to keep up now. lol.
[color="Plum"]Jesus Freak Forever!![/color]
Proud creator of the Fakir Girls! (To visit our forum: click on the banner)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Plum"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators[/color]
"MOES:You gotta know when to hold it, know when you've scrolled it."
[color="PaleGreen"]Con List: Anime L.A. 2008, Saboten Con 2009, Con-Nichiwa 2010[/color]
RFC

Postby ADXC » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:29 pm

Hey Im back from the Wilds! And let me y'all that is was one of the best spirtitual events in my life and I hope that everyone else here will get to experience it as well sometime in their lives.
ADXC

Postby Animus Seed » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:16 pm

So. I've been complacent in posting here. School happened, papers were due, and... well. I feel guilty, I really do. But I'm back, promise! Love you all.

(Oh, and thank Fish for making sure I got to posting again.)
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Kkun » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:56 am

I'm leaving for two weeks to finish up some projects for school. Sadly, I am easily distracted, so if I access CAA, I'll get destroyed.

Don't let this place fall apart without me, babies.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Sheol777 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:01 am

Hey all.

I've been gone for like a year...yeah. Well I have been lurking and decided to throw my hat into the ring.

Thanks to Fish and Chips for the welcome back when I was just in the shadows here :)
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

I'm not leaving, I'm coming back

Postby HimeNoTama » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:31 pm

So a few years ago, (OMG! It's been 4), I started out here as Miaka01. In that simpler time of my 18th year, I met a boy on here, and became happily settled as an, if not constant, at least consistent persona.

Then, I got bored, the boy left, and so did I.

After several comebacks, (Griffin was my last nickname), I figure this one will stick because I finally have way too much time on my hands.

So, for any that knew me, write me, I'm bored!

For those that didn't: get to know me, I'm kinda fun!
HimeNoTama

Previous Next

Return to General