Only 24 hours to live...what do you do?

Talk about anything in here.

Only 24 hours to live...what do you do?

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:45 am

This is a serious question based on another topic: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=49803

Some friends and I were talking, if we only had 24 hours to live, what would we do? What would we think about our lives? What have we accomplished?

If I had 24 hours to live...what would I do?

Well the Christian in me would say, "Spread the word of Christ to as many people as I can!111" But in reality, I should be doing that already so that's a bust XD.

I would probably go and have as much fun as I could, knowing that I was going to die anyways. See, I'm the kind of person who worries needlessly about things... sometimes I won't do certain things because I worry I'll get hurt XD.

But seeing as there's not much to do in my state, I'd have to jump on a plane and go somewhere more exciting and I dunno, go Disney World or art museums or something XD.

Maybe I'd go to a race or something XD.

Truthfully, I have no idea! I mean, there's so much that I want to do that I don't think I could get it done in a day.. :P

I'd probably do my best to make up for the last 12 years of my rocky relationship with my sister or something.. XD.

What I'd REALLY like to do, is go draw all over my town with sidewalk chalk undercover of a mysterious alias.

Bleh, I'm boring, maybe I'll think of something more exciting later.

so what about you guys?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Dante » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:04 am

I don't think I could accomplish much in 24 hours... Nor would it matter to anyone else. I do believe that I would just sleep it off and enjoy the ride.

However, if I knew the source of what would kill everyone AND I knew that it was going to do such a thing... well, I'm going to die anyways, so I'd drop you guys a PM and then head off on a last ditch effort to put a stop to it and try and save the world... I wonder if anyone would come with me if they got the PM :P. I'd fight my final battles with a katana too... because if I'm going to die anyways, I may as well lose my life with a weapon I like.

(Besides which, those who live by the sword die by the sword. I don't imagine many evil end of the world guards carry swords, so they'd have a rather difficult time killing me I thinks XP (They'd have to have a sword first to make it right... ya know? (guns just won't do)) )
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:30 am

24 hours left to live? Say goodbye to my family.

Then sit down and watch Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne one last time.
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby MBlight » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:51 am

Mmhmm, it's kinda hard ya know?

I think I would spoil my ratties something rotten first, gather all my friends and family together and karoake till the cows come home...

Or better still... I'd just drive... I love my car...
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby rocklobster » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:14 am

I'd spend it with my family. And it would probably be the best day of my life. I'd try to get as many members of my family as possible, because they are all my friends.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:22 am

Hmm. First, I'd call my parents. Then, I'd let everyone know via LJ and Facebook (making this the first time where said sites render a useful service ^_~). I'd try to track down all of my friends here at college and say goodbye, and then I'd likely get into my car and start the 12-hour drive home. Along the way, I'd call all my friends and let them know. I'd also offer up my last prayers for everyone. Once I got home, I think I'd just wait it out with my parents. 24 hours isn't really time enough for evangelism or anything else that's terribly significant, so I might as well die at home.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby termyt » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:05 am

I assume the 24 hours is irrefutable and there is no doubt to anyone that it will happen – I can imagine my reaction to such a statement from some one I care about. While I support them, most of the conversation would be directed at how they know such a thing. If that were the case, I’d spend the 24 hours trying to convince people I will die at the end of them. My last words – engraved on my tombstone – will be “See, I told you so.”

So, assuming that the claim is perfectly credible, a large collection of my friends and family would gather to wish me well. It would be kind of cool to attend your own funeral and this would pretty much enable me to do that.

My parting words for CAA would be a more direct version of what I try to say here most of the time anyways: Try to get along. Learn how to have a proper discussion. When at their best, debates are not arguments aimed at destroying your opponent’s view or your opponent himself. The world is big enough for all of the ideas and the ones we cling to to form our world view can not be proven (and most certainly are not yet perfect), so take the opportunity to learn about each other first and get your own point across second. Even if you are right, if your post does not display love and generosity to the other people and their theories, then don’t post it. Considering the community here, is there any value in being right if you have to leave a trail of broken, angry, and hurt people in your wake?
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby minakichan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:38 am

Oh easy. I'd force myself to stay awake, loot as much soda and cake and ice cream and gourmet desserts as I could (I'm sure the stores wouldn't care anyway, seeing as we're all going to die), and then <s>pirate and </s> marathon every single movie and anime series that I said "I know it's really good, but I don't want to watch it right now because then I'll have nothing to look forward to" about.

...Of course, if we had a week, I think I'd also loot a couple actual game consoles (I don't own one) and play every game that people tell me I'm supposed to play before I die (like various Final Fantasy installments and Portal, for example). Then I would die with no regrets.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Shilohan ninja » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:28 am

24 hours, you say?

Too...many...things...

For one, I'd like to jack a hog from the local Honda dealership and put the peddle to the metal on a road trip from where I am now to Cali and engage in a futile death match with sephiroth, only to die of a sudden earthquake that causes a building to fall on top of us.

Or, how about this: jack the Mach 5 and beat racer-x in an allout japanese street race, Initial D style.

If I go, I wanna go out with a BANG! Something EPIC!
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby Kurama » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:32 am

Truthfully.

I'd cry.

Just pray, and cry.
Kurama

Postby Paul » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:42 am

24 hours to live? I would spend it doing two things. Time with my loved ones. In the last few hours, I would spend it in praise and worship.
"You heart is free. Have the courage to follow it." -Malcom Wallace. (Braveheart)
Paul

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:01 am

Shilohan ninja (post: 1258068) wrote:24 hours, you say?

Too...many...things...

For one, I'd like to jack a hog from the local Honda dealership and put the peddle to the metal on a road trip from where I am now to Cali and engage in a futile death match with sephiroth, only to die of a sudden earthquake that causes a building to fall on top of us.

Or, how about this: jack the Mach 5 and beat racer-x in an allout japanese street race, Initial D style.

If I go, I wanna go out with a BANG! Something EPIC!

. . . you do know this isn't Goof Off, right? ^_~

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:08 am

hehe wow, lots of really good ideas! That's pretty interesting, everyone! XD.

Minakichan, you are so right! XD why worry about what you eat when you're going to die anyways?! XD

Truthfully, it was hard for me to make this thread because I don't want to think about death yet XD. I mean Heaven's going to be amazing, I'm sure...but I'm here for a reason, and darnit, I want to enjoy it a little!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby minakichan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:09 am

. . . you do know this isn't Goof Off, right? ^_~

Somehow...I had this sudden vision of CAA turning into 4 chan (why is this word censored? >_>).

NO /gooff/ IN MY /gen/!

(actually, maybe Goof Off'd be /b/)

GB2 /b/, HEATHEN.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:15 am

minakichan (post: 1258078) wrote:Somehow...I had this sudden vision of CAA turning into 4 chan (why is this word censored? >_>).

NO /gooff/ IN MY /gen/!

(actually, maybe Goof Off'd be /b/)

GB2 /b/, HEATHEN.

Probably because it's considered likely to start debates, and also because it is a cesspool.

Also, NO U. ^_^

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby Puguni » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:24 am

I would ask a random, attractive stranger to be my boyfriend for a day, because I've never had a boyfriend. Meanwhile, I'd go around and tell EVERYONE exactly what I thought about them, whether it is offensive or honest and sweet.

I'd probably get a ride back home and die there.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:55 am

There's one thing I want to do before I die that I haven't had a chance to do yet, but I won't mention it here.

I would try to visit as many people that I know as possible. I'd call my internet friends on the phone or voice chat with them or something. I'd go eat a nice meal somewhere, then spend the rest of my day with Daymon, hugging and cuddling.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:12 pm

ARRRRRRRRRGH, BLAST THOSE ANNOYING AUTO-UPDATE WINDOWS D:<

THIS IS WHAT I MISSED IN THE VICE CHAT O_O?

I have no clue what I would do, but it would involve all my loved ones <33

Yeah, I know, I'm corny xDDD;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby KagayakiWashi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:19 pm

I would go on an all-out looting spree, break as much stuff as I could, run from the police in an epic car chase, and eat pancakes, chicken katsudon, chicken yakisoba, and then free fall out of an airplane in my last minutes. Attatched to me would be a note that read "ROSEBUD....".

In reality, I'd get all my belongings together, get them sold, and give my money/stuff away to missions/my church/other ministries.....then I'd probably talk to a few people I believe are lost and let them know what's going on and how I have my peace.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Nia-chan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:30 pm

Probably spend all day watching BET.

XD Nah, just kidding. I'd probably type up all the poetry and writing I've done over the years... write something meaningful that could be published after I die.
Don't make me hit you with my pocketbook :angel:
Nia-chan

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:25 pm

I'd probably call out my grandparents on how rotten they've been to everyone since we've been living with them.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Stephen » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Hanging out with this guy!

Stephen

Postby Paul » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:48 am

We are having doing a program called "Letter's from Dad", it's about men writing letters to their children and wives, pouring out our hearts of love to them. The fouth class in the series is about about the last one. The one they will recieve once we have died. This is going to be a quite challenging assignment when it happens.
"You heart is free. Have the courage to follow it." -Malcom Wallace. (Braveheart)
Paul

Postby Shilohan ninja » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:08 am

Yes, rai, I know this isn't Goof Off. If I could do that, I would.

In reality, though, I honestly don't know what exactly I'd do.

I'd probably leave a simple note here saying how I love you guys, my family and friends, how you've all blessed me and that I'm sorry the time was so short and that I'll still be praying for you all after I pass on to the other side. Then, I'd walk down the streets of Seattle singing my favorite worship songs at the top of my voice with the joy of the Lord, ending with the soft serean balad of 'Wrap my in your arms'.
Shilohan ninja

Postby Desert Rose » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Myself ? I'd make sure I had all my final wishes known, and I guess go to the beach and pray.
Desert Rose

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:26 pm

I already answered this question in a previous thread, which taught me one thing: writing out a complex answer would not be something I would do with my time, given 24 hours left to live.

minakichan wrote:Somehow...I had this sudden vision of CAA turning into 4 chan (why is this word censored? >_>).

So that the exact text won't appear in search engines, as various denizens of said forum have found us in the past via simple boredom. Also, you sorely tempt me to just end this thread with the word SAGE.

Prima: But that's an idiotic application of an overused meme.
Segunda: Precisely.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:43 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1258766) wrote:Prima: But that's an idiotic application of an overused meme.
Segunda: Precisely.

I have so much to learn about then internet o.o
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Shilohan ninja » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:56 pm

I'll clear up one thing for you before I die: Al Gore is NOT the "Father of the Internet"

That would be the subsequent product of the U.S. Government communicating with the U.S. Military back durring the Cold War.

Now I can die in peace.

lol, jk
Shilohan ninja

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Take a 24-hour nap. Alone.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Crazy Kitty » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:36 am

Well... I suppose after getting over the initial shock, I'd say goodbye to my friends on MSN.
Especially my best friend. Tell him everything is going to be okay and that I'll be waiting for him (:

Then I'd spend time with my family and repair any damage that was done.
Especially my brother. Maybe watch one last film with them or an episode from one of my favourite series.

But when all that is done, I would find some place where I could be alone and stop pretending that everything is alright.
I'd likely break down crying and spend my last few hours with God.
Crazy Kitty

Next

Return to General