Anime USA

Talk about anything in here.

Anime USA

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:48 am

Heyya!

I was wondering if any CAA will be attending this convention which is held on October 10 - 12 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). I've actually never been to this convention before so I really do not know what to expect but I'm sure it'll be awesome because Versailles will be there! XD Plus, unlike Otakon I'll actually have time to do stuff rather then be in line-wait and running from one thing to the next. ;__;

Anyway, if anyone plans on going or if you've attended this con before please give me all the details! ^__^
yukoxholic

Postby Aedin » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:06 am

Where is it?
Everybody was haiku writing, Their wits were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening, But they wrote with expert rhyming
Aedin

Postby ClosetOtaku » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:14 am

I've attended for the past several years. This year, my fiancee and I are Sponsors. It's a lot more low-key than Otakon, but I usually find it better organized than Katsucon. I find it the best of all the conventions to see the titles that have made it to Japanese DVD but haven't come out in Region 1 yet. They also have better industry panels IMO -- at Otakon, they are usually focused on the announcements for new licenses, etc, but here you get in a small room with the insiders and they tell you a lot of the details as to what is really going on (occasionally "off the record").

But, alas, it is much smaller than Otakon, so you don't get as many artists, dealers, etc. As you said, though, you don't have to fight the crowds as much.

I'm not a real fan of the Hyatt Regency -- a lot of wasted space -- but you do what you gotta do.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:36 am

Not sure If I'll even have time to attend any convention the rest of this year.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Aedin wrote:Where is it?

Arlington, VA

[color="Red"]
[font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby RobinSena » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:29 pm

I'm loathing gas prices right now. I'd absolutely love to go, (Versailles!) but it would cost nearly 100 dollars just in gas. >.<
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Aedin » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:47 pm

I live in the same state, cool
Everybody was haiku writing, Their wits were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening, But they wrote with expert rhyming
Aedin

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Yeah, I'm actually going to stay with a friend (thank you!) who lives like 10 minutes from where the convention is located. So, gas isn't much of a problem for me. Yeah, I've never been to a Virginia convention so I'm hoping since it's smaller than Otakon it'll be more relaxed and not so jam packed with people!

I am mainly going for the band because Kamijo is like the "prince" of VK. XD Is it hard to find your way around in the hotel? And is the concert in the hotel? or outside of it?
yukoxholic

Postby Puguni » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:09 pm

I've been there once. What's crazy is that it's happening right when Fall recess happens for me. Sadly, I still don't think I'll go.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby ClosetOtaku » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:11 pm

yukoxholic (post: 1256698) wrote:I am mainly going for the band because Kamijo is like the "prince" of VK. XD Is it hard to find your way around in the hotel? And is the concert in the hotel? or outside of it?

It is not difficult to navigate the hotel, although be prepared to do a lot of traveling between floors. (I find the layout disconcerting as you have to deal with escalators, narrow passageways, and an atrium with huge vertical drops.) As for where the concert is... my guess is that it will be in one of the very large ballrooms inside the hotel.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Well, now that AUSA has had a year to get used to the Hyatt, I'd like to think things will be a little better laid out. At the very least, it'd be nice if some of the pannels aren't up on the top floor where the escalators don't go.

Anyway, I'll be there again this year!
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:34 pm

Yeah, it seems the more I ask other people about Anime USA they're saying the same thing about where things are located. O__O Hopefully, it won't be too hard to figure out.
yukoxholic

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:38 pm

I haven't been to one so far and I probably won't, but I want to.:( maybe someday.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:59 pm

OK, Calm down Erin...

*deep breath*

~Versailles is going to be there? Hmm... I have the sudden urge to take a road trip to Virgina!
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:30 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]VERSAILLES IS GOING TO BE THERE?!??!?!!?!?

O_O
D:
DX

I need money for a plane ticket now. >_>;;[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Me too... or, I can spend a day driving. (so worth it. Seeing Teru-kun in person? Yes, please.)

Oh! Oh! Hana-chan! We can hitchhike there!! 8D
-Then we can go through with our plan to kidnap Versailles! XD
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:17 pm

Yeah, Versailles is the main reason I am going. :D I love Kamijo O__O
yukoxholic

Return to General