Remember...

Talk about anything in here.

Remember...

Postby Shilohan ninja » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:11 am

Today marks the 7th anniversary of the September 11th bombings of the World Trade Center. In rememberance of those who died in the crash and those who voluntarily sacrificed their safety to save the survivors, I suggest that we pause for a moment today to offer up our prayers for the families of the victims of this tragedy. May we never forget what they stood for. May we never forget their passing. Truly, a dark time in the history of mankind, yet, not without its silver lining. It has brought America closer, if even for a time. May we never forget the brutality of the attack, nor price that was paid. Yet, may we also remember the price our redeemer has paid to forgive such folly. May the Lord almighty be praised.

-SN-
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:03 am

I too, remember this tragic day. I will never forget it. I pity the terrorists because they preach the politics of hatred.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Shilohan ninja » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:10 am

May God have mercy on their souls.
Shilohan ninja

Postby eternalprincess » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:38 pm

I remember this day vividly.

They will always be in my prayers, thoughts, and memories.

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:58 pm

I remember waking up to seeing that tragic event on the news. May God rest their souls and may he continue to protect our fighting men and women across the globe.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Kurama » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:02 pm

I was 10 years of age. Being Clueless as I was, I had no idea the seriousness of it till I turned 15. O.O ;.:
Kurama

Postby Dante » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Yeah... I realized that recently... There are a ton of people who were just little kids back then who are actually grown up now and didn't quite get it.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Pascal (post: 1258601) wrote:Yeah... I realized that recently... There are a ton of people who were just little kids back then who are actually grown up now and didn't quite get it.

Word.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby minakichan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:07 pm

I went to the 9/11 Memorial in NYC last month. While it felt a little dirty, like they were trying to capitalize on the event, and the exhibit itself was a lot of reading and not really museum-y, it was still very touching. I cried several times.

I think that was the first time I really realized what 9/11's impact was, 7 years later.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby ADXC » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Yeah, this was a terribly sad day. I was ten as well, and I didn't quite understand the impact at the time. But now I do, I pray for the families of those who lost someone on that tragic day.
ADXC

Postby Shilohan ninja » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:41 pm

May it live on in our hearts. Let us pray.
Shilohan ninja

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:29 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]I remember slightly, I was in 3rd grade, and all I heard was our teachers bustling about unnaturally.

It wasn't until these past few years that I understood it, because I was so naive........

Let us remember those who died, those who survived, and those who can tell the tale of this tragic day as it shall forever live on in our hearts and minds.[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby F.M Disciple » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:51 pm

"FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO"
-Jesus Christ

Forgivness is the hardest thing to do. And i Pray that americans as a whole will forgive those who did evil towards us on that day. I was pretty angry towards the terrorist after
9/11. I still condemn their tactics that they used on Americans and still use on other inocent people. But Our Lord did teach us to forgive even when people have committed terrible things against us. I just thank God that he gives us strength to love others when we don't feel like forgiving.
I pray for the people who have lost loved ones in the attack.
I also pray that the war will wrap up so our men and women can come home to their loved ones.
F.M Disciple

Postby Shilohan ninja » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:07 am

As do we all, brother, as do we all.
Enya
May it be.
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Return to General