Funny habits your pet has

Talk about anything in here.

Funny habits your pet has

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:22 am

We've had some kooky pets over the years, and I'm sure the rest of you do, too. We once had a dog named Sam who never slept, only "recharged". I practically had to hold him to the ground to calm him down when I came home. Our current dog, Cricket (who is Sam's sister), is so quiet it almost seems like she's not there at all! She has a habit of sleeping very still. If it weren't for her chest going up and down, you might think she was dead.
So what about the rest of you? What funny habits do your pets have?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Paul » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:43 am

We have a Boston Terrier (Daisy), she likes to go around and bark with a raquet ball in her mouth, much like muzzled howl. When you don't want to play, she will slobber all over the ball and launch it out of her mouth against a wall or door, then go chase it.
"You heart is free. Have the courage to follow it." -Malcom Wallace. (Braveheart)
Paul

Postby Sparx00 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:29 am

My dog who is a yorky/shetsu has a tendency of playing with random things by himself. Once he finds something, he grabs it, get's a running start, and he tosses it through the air. Then me moves his head around a bit before pausing and then pouncing on it. Repeat process for another 2 minutes. It's really funny to watch. :lol:
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby GeneD » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:39 am

We have a dog who used to climb onto my dad's car and sleep there at night, she eventually stopped doing it though and my dad wasn't exactly very happy with the scratches. She also jumps in the air when it's time for her foor.

We have a new labrador who licks feet. It's really annoying and gross.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:06 am

One of my cats sits on the edge of the electric litter box after he uses it..... -_- He used to actually sit and lay around inside of it.... It was creepy.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby minakichan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:24 am

I caught a snail in my backyard once, maybe when I was in middle school. I stuck it in a plastic container, pokes pinholes in the lid ("for air"), and sealed it shut.

The next day, the plastic container was still closed, but the snail had disappeared.

MY PET SNAIL HAS A FUNNY HABIT OF MATTER-SHIFTING THROUGH SOLID OBJECTS.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:03 am

my dog Gizmo is the most hilarious dog ever. he does so many weird things. He's a pomeranian.

He likes to play with socks. He'll find a sock and do what sparx said! XD
He'll toss it up in the air, catch it with his front feet or in his mouth, and he'll do that for a bit. then he'll roll on it. its so weird lol

He also likes to sleep on clothes.

also, when he poops, instead of just sitting and staying still, he spins around in circles slowly. when he was younger, he would actually lift his back legs off the ground and just balance on his front feet while he pooped. it was the WEIRDEST thing.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Lilac#18 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:30 am

My cat Sugar, is not a fish eater. She likes can chicken, beef, turkey or anything that's not fish. one time my uncle or grandma gave her a cat food can of salmon and she came to the bowl, sniffed it and walked away. She loves the mayonnaise (regular). so one time I've gave her smart balance mayonnaise she sniffed it and she wouldn't eat it.:lol:
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby sharien chan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:07 pm

My cat Speedy thinks she's a human. She'll sit slouched over like ahuman watching tv.
My parrot Yoyo sits in his cage, watching the television and snickers whenever something funny happens.
sharien chan

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:08 pm

My cat piles up at the cat litter into the middle of the box :\
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Desert Rose » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:36 pm

My dog will treat her kibble like prey.
Desert Rose

Postby goldenspines » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:59 pm

I had a cat who loved to eat grasshoppers(because of the protein content maybe? Or because he was bored, I don't know). But, as you can imagine, since grasshoppers hop pretty high and far, they were a bit tricky to catch. Though, this did not stop my cat from periodically jumping 3 to 4 feet in the air trying to catch these guys, and he most often suceeded. It was quite entertaining to watch. XD
goldenspines

Postby soul alive » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:02 pm

Our Border Collie, Fly, loves to play fetch. She's gotten better about it with age (tuckers out quicker now), but when she was younger, you couldn't get her to shut off. If you're not throwing a ball or frisbee for her, she's finding random things to be thrown. These have not been limited to: rubber bands, rocks, blades of grass. And we have to bury rubber bands at the bottom of the trash cans, since she can smell them and will dig them out if they're near the top.

She also plays a game that we call "Rawr." This involves walking somewhere, to the mailbox or the barn and back, during the trip she finds something to defend, a rock or a twig or the occasional sharp and thorny dried up weed. And then growls and tries to defend it from you, play-biting at your ankles and feet. Apparently, this becomes more fun when we growl back at her, hence the name of the game. Though, for some as yet undetermined reason, the game stops immediately upon reaching the yard.
Though, we have taken to discouraging her to play with rocks, as she gets too excited and swallows them, and then spends the next couple of hours hacking them back up.

My aunt's cat, Cougar, was strictly an indoor cat. But that didn't keep my parents from letting him explore when they babysat him years ago. Apparently, he loved to chase tumbleweeds, and would run after them across the pasture.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:04 pm

My hamster Ferrari loves his chew stick. He curls up with it like a stuffed animal and gets defensive if I try to touch it.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Alice » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:08 pm

I have a cat who likes to chew on my hair. Yeah. She's mostly gotten out of the habit, fortunately.
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby GeneD » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:17 am

My mom's uncle had a Jack Russell that was so crazy about chasing a ball it would climb trees to get to it if we placed it there. It would also chase pine cone if thrown, so we didn't even need a real ball.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:51 am

My cat has a random combustible disorderly complex where it randomly explodes. It's messy, but it also can put itself back together. It stinks too. Maybe I should put it on David Letterman.
It also knocks over whatever glass of whatever substance it finds causing many wet places and the occasional acid burning through the floor, because we keep acid around in the house in case of clown attacks.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby MBlight » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:56 am

I have 3 rats, named Bobby, Captian and Ribbi, who do lotsa crazy things.

One of them are that if I leave my handbag open in a place they can reach they'll climb inside "borrowing" any money, coins and notes alike, that may be lying loosely and carry it off to their cage.

They also have an incessive fear of my hamsters, which is really ironic because they got this fear because Ribbi bit my female Teddy the one night when she escaped and she screamed like a monkey. They now refuse to come out of their cage if they can see any other animals, especially THAT particular hamster, and she has a knack for escaping.

They also love sleeping in their special ratty hamocks...
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Akikaze » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:38 am

One of my dogs sleeps on his back with his legs strait up in the air. He's a Welsh Corgi so his legs are only like 4 inches long.
"For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
Akikaze

Postby rocklobster » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:48 pm

Is your Welsh Corgi named Ein, by any chance?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ingemar » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:50 pm

My cat has a tendency to chase things that aren't there.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:00 pm

KagayakiWashi (post: 1258738) wrote:My cat has a random combustible disorderly complex where it randomly explodes. It's messy, but it also can put itself back together. It stinks too. Maybe I should put it on David Letterman.
It also knocks over whatever glass of whatever substance it finds causing many wet places and the occasional acid burning through the floor, because we keep acid around in the house in case of clown attacks.

Drugs are bad, y'know?

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby SnoringFrog » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:36 am

My dog Molly is a beagle, she used to eat everything. She's attempted to eat Gameboy cartridges, wedding rings, thumbtacks, razorblades, and pine cones as well as all the other standard toys/socks/etc. She's never been a fan of carrots though, she doesn't like grapes. And she likes apples, but not the peel, so if we drop a piece of apple she will eat just the apple part and leave the peel. Luckily she stopped trying to eat everything, but she's still got those random things she won't eat. Although, if any of those falls directly off the stove, she's more likely to eat it.

She also likes to have some weird aversion to my mom putting her outside. Instead, on a Saturday morning, she'll come in my room and cry until I wake up, just so I cna put her outside. Occasionally, she doesn't even want to go outside, she jsut wants me to get up.

She's scared of thunderstorms, has to sleep with me when we're having them, and she's got a tendency for barking and kicking in her sleep. No matter what she finds, she likes to roll on it, or if there's nothing there she rolls anyways. I've caught her rolling on the places where I had just killed a cockroach before, haha. Like chibi's dog, she likes to sleep on clothes.

Oh yeah, and after dinner she lays near the stove and cries/waits for food to jump off to her.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Smile:) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:14 am

My cats crazy(Wounder where he gets it.... ;) ), he'll chase his tail, kick his leg when you rub his belly(Yes he is a cat), sleep on his back, plays with the shadows on the wall(that's not too odd for a cat), puts his toy fish in the water blow, stands in the water blow, gets his food wet before he eats it, and dose this weird thing where he'll stand with each paw on one side on the food dish and move them back and forth, I still don't know why.
I love him though hes shuch a cutie.

SnoringFrog wrote:She also likes to have some weird aversion to my mom putting her outside. Instead, on a Saturday morning, she'll come in my room and cry until I wake up, just so I cna put her outside. Occasionally, she doesn't even want to go outside, she jsut wants me to get up.

Aww!!! Thats cute!
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby Akikaze » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:09 am

rocklobster (post: 1259545) wrote:Is your Welsh Corgi named Ein, by any chance?

No, but I once knew someone who had a Corgi named Ein. O.o
"For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
Akikaze

Postby Kunoichi » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:25 am

My cockatiel (named peek-a-boo) will yell peek-a-boo, pretty boy and then cat call to himself or cat call if i get changed (blaming hubby for that) lol

one of the dogs that i have (named chaos) will lay down, have you pet her, if you stop she'll knock your hands until you pet her again
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Smile:) (post: 1260055) wrote:
SnoringFrog wrote:She also likes to have some weird aversion to my mom putting her outside. Instead, on a Saturday morning, she'll come in my room and cry until I wake up, just so I cna put her outside. Occasionally, she doesn't even want to go outside, she jsut wants me to get up.

Aww!!! Thats cute!

Not when you really want to just stay in bed...

Last night my dog did something that reminded me of another one of her habits. She'll take her toys or rawhides ((primiarily the latter)) and try to "bury" them in the house. This normally consists of putting it in a corner and rubbing her nose against the ground as if she's trying to push dirt on top of it, only it's carpet...so it doesn't exactly work. It's very funny to watch, but if she notices that you were looking at her while she did it she'll pull it out and go find a new place to hide it. If you do it too much too close together, she has a tendency to wolf down the remainder of the rawhide, normally swallowing large chunks of it whole...which doesn't normally work out too well for her stomach, lol.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Smile:) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:00 pm

SnoringFrog wrote:Not when you really want to just stay in bed...

No, I'm sorry it's still cute. lol
Maybe if it was my dog I'd feel different about it.

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:12 pm

I used to have a mutt named Bandit who would whine every time Mom or I played the piano. Especially any time we played notes above high C.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Smile:) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:28 am

rocklobster (post: 1260131) wrote:I used to have a mutt named Bandit who would whine every time Mom or I played the piano. Especially any time we played notes above high C.

Maybe he was sing. :grin:

Next

Return to General