Animals skinned ALIVE in china

Talk about anything in here.

Animals skinned ALIVE in china

Postby Ryupower » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:44 am

http://animalsaviors.org/

I read that and I just was so full of utter disgust. How can people treat God's creation like that?

Please, sign this petition to get rid of this madness. I didn't watch the video, the description was graphic enough for me. :/
My DA

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Ryupower

Postby beau99 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:25 am

This is a PETA website.

I do not trust them.
beau99

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:07 am

beau99 (post: 1258506) wrote:This is a PETA website.

I do not trust them.

I've never heard of that, but is that basically something similar to the bonsai kittens and child trader websites?
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Puguni » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:09 am

Just a note. Bonsai Kittens are fake. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsai_Kitten But you guys probably already knew that, right?

Anyway, yeah. I don't know why you can't kill the animal first and then skin it. It looks much harder otherwise.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:13 am

Puguni (post: 1258513) wrote:Just a note. Bonsai Kittens are fake. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsai_Kitten But you guys probably already knew that, right?

Yeah, I knew that - that's why I compared this to them. XD I was wondering if whatever a PETA website was was basically something that was similar to that.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby minakichan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:20 am

It's always the Chinese's fault, isn't it. Because the majority of Chinese people skin animals alive and animal cruelty is in their blood-- along with straight black hair, flat noses, and tiny eyes.

Actually, in China, there are some restaurants where you can eat fish while it's still alive-- they grab the head with a wet towel and cook the body in water or oil, then serve-- you can even see the fish breathing as you fork out the flesh and eat it.

Freshest way to eat fish. It's supposed to be delicious. I say "supposed to be" because I've never eaten it. Yum yum.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:35 am

I watched the vid, and that's pretty messed up. I'm no animal lover or whatever, but it is a LOT easier to skin a dead animal instead of a live one that's squirming around like that.

I may not like PETA, but the video is kind of obvious. The only thing that concerns me is that it's not making any noise, but after it's... yeah, obviously alive.

I'm going to ask my Dad what he thinks before I sign anything, he used to trap and skin animals when he was much younger.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:02 am

Hmmmm, its weird because logic says that would be much less cost efficient. This looks more real, but I think I have seen this video ages ago. That being said, PETA is notorius for misstateing facts. I remember I saw one of their movies regarding animal mistreatment and just about 90% of what they said was either wrong, over-dramatized or overlooked ceartain important points.

Now, since I only see one movie on this I am guessing this is a spesial case seeing this is obviusly not a large scale production section. *Alot of things are big in China as well if you have seen their standard production plants.* Skinning pretty much anything is easier when they are dead. Investigations to cover the overall treatment/production policy would allow this to be much more enlightening. If it turned out that this was a accepted and widely used form of getting the animal fur, then I would sign a petition. Heck, I might even throw in some bucks too. However skinning animals alive does not equal an easier job. Thus I have some problems seeing how this could be standard treatment.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Stephen » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:12 am

PETA propaganda. Hooray. I think I will go eat some KFC tonight.

Stephen

Postby EricTheFred » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:49 am

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1258514) wrote:Yeah, I knew that - that's why I compared this to them. XD I was wondering if whatever a PETA website was was basically something that was similar to that.

Because I don't think you got your question answered:

PETA does not do jokes... at least not intentionally. Unlike the Bonsai Kitten and such, which are parody (and hysterical), these guys are dead serious. A great many other people tend to find them very humorous, bordering on pathetic.

PETA = People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals... which sounds very noble and idealistic until you find out how wacked their definition of 'Ethical' can be. Members tend to vary pretty wildly in their personal views, but the more extreme PETA types consider pets to be 'animal slaves', as well as equating the use of eggs, milk, and wool to slavery, and have a tendency to seriously distort scientific evidence in the pursuit of getting the 'truth' out. And they tend to speak of anyone who disagrees with them as being 'brainwashed', or at least, very stupid.

Less extreme types, who are probably the great majority within PETA, are basically your run-of-the-mill Vegans, the sort I can say, "Okay, you have your belief system and I have mine" to, and get along with. But, as in many organizations with radical fringes, the moderates enable the nutcases and reap the reward of getting lumped together with them by association.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:54 am

All right, thanks Eric. :)
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby beau99 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:56 am

EricTheFred (post: 1258535) wrote:Because I don't think you got your question answered:

PETA does not do jokes... at least not intentionally. Unlike the Bonsai Kitten and such, which are parody (and hysterical), these guys are dead serious. A great many other people tend to find them very humorous, bordering on pathetic.

PETA = People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals... which sounds very noble and idealistic until you find out how wacked their definition of 'Ethical' can be. Members tend to vary pretty wildly in their personal views, but the more extreme PETA types consider pets to be 'animal slaves', as well as equating the use of eggs, milk, and wool to slavery, and have a tendency to seriously distort scientific evidence in the pursuit of getting the 'truth' out. And they tend to speak of anyone who disagrees with them as being 'brainwashed', or at least, very stupid.

Less extreme types, who are probably the great majority within PETA, are basically your run-of-the-mill Vegans, the sort I can say, "Okay, you have your belief system and I have mine" to, and get along with. But, as in many organizations with radical fringes, the moderates enable the nutcases and reap the reward of getting lumped together with them by association.

QFT.

What makes things worse for the average PETA supporter is that they don't know that the money they donate actually goes to terrorist groups like the Animal Liberation Front. When they find that out, they wish they had known the truth.
beau99

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Its hard to take Animal Liberation Front seriously, when their mascot is

Roy Mustang

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Ugh, more PETA business. I wish they could be a more respectable organization.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:11 pm

Oh, see you changed your post MSP. Sorry, I thought you actualy meant your first message. XD
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:11 pm

Hmm...

Well, this is off topic, but I'm sorry, how is this any differant from the slaughter of animals in america? Or Canada? Or anywhere?
I've been an active vegetarian for the last couple years of my life, solely because of the cruelty of slaughter, and just because I've never had a taste for meat and for some reason its never appealed to me.

We all know that crazy activists have tried to change this.
And crazy activists will try to change this.

I doubt petitions will do anything, its one of those things that if a person doesn't know the facts, it WILL get blown out of proportion.
This is culture- its how PEOPLE get their living.

I think its wrong, but my opinion really doesnt matter when it comes to the global economy.
This situation, if true, is unfortunate, but seriously.

Think about it.
Use your head and stop acting out on pure "OMGOSH THIS IS HORRIBLE!" emotion.
Just stop and think about it.

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:16 pm

Also, I highly doubt ANY chinese person ever said "Its easier to skin a live warm animal thats convulsing than a dead body"
Seriously.
Thats a paradox for one, and unlikely.

Pigs, cows and lambs are skinned alive every day, probably in a slaughter house a couple districts away from you.

Just cos we think that cats and dogs are adorable and that the chinese are HORRIBLE EVIL PEOPLE for doing this, consider
that a vast population of this earth would consider a cow or pig sacred and would look at us like we're satanic for eating THEM.

Again, I'm a vegetarian, and I'm not trying to be mean here, but seriously.

Cruelty is worldwide, and cruelty is in our nature.
I guarentee this will not change anytime soon.

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Sheenar » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:07 pm

xblack_x_rosesx (post: 1258598) wrote:Pigs, cows and lambs are skinned alive every day, probably in a slaughter house a couple districts away from you.

U.S. humane slaughter laws

All animals are required to be rendered senseless and unconscious before any cutting or shackling is done. This is to ensure that the animal does not feel pain.

Just because a handful of plants do not abide by the laws does not mean that all plants are that way --the vast majority have high standards of the humane treatment of the animals. Here's an illustration of the process (very cartoonish, so not graphic).
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Stephen » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:08 pm

I find it cruel to double post, when a simple post edit would have been okay. Think of the poor baby bandwidth.
Stephen

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:27 pm

U.S. humane slaughter laws

All animals are required to be rendered senseless and unconscious before any cutting or shackling is done. This is to ensure that the animal does not feel pain.

Just because a handful of plants do not abide by the laws does not mean that all plants are that way --the vast majority have high standards of the humane treatment of the animals. Here's an illustration of the process (very cartoonish, so not graphic).

--

Good point =]
I'm afraid I missed that, I was just being frantic.

I guess the point I was trying to make was along the lines of, not nessisarily "american slaughterhouses are exactly the same as chinese ones" but more-so to make it more clear that its a world wide thing- and its been going on for a while.
Its improving but there is no way that everyone is ever going to be pleased.

I just think debate over this sort of thing is senseless and just upsets people over something that cannot really be changed =\

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby minakichan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:36 pm

Well, this is off topic, but I'm sorry, how is this any differant from the slaughter of animals in america?

I think the difference brought up here was cruelty versus killing. It's one thing to shoot a man, it's another to skin him alive and then shoot him. I mean, yeah, the end result is the same, but still, yikes. But whatever. I'm not a vegetarian. =/

I asked my dog-eating, chicken-killing-with-her-bare-hands mother who lived in a <s>animal killing machine</s> rural village during her childhood about the subject, and she said the local dog-killer definitely killed the animal first (by hanging). Well, she never actually killed a dog, but in killing chickens (this might not be relevant), she definitely had to slit the throat, drain the blood, and boil it before feathering.

=D

Also:
Just because a handful of plants do not abide by the laws does not mean that all plants are that way

Upon reading this, I had a sudden vision of a potted plant skinning an tabby cat alive.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Technomancer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:37 pm

minakichan (post: 1258630) wrote:Upon reading this, I had a sudden vision of a potted plant skinning an tabby cat alive.

Feed Me Seymour!
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Return to General