Back from Hurricane Gustav!

Talk about anything in here.

Back from Hurricane Gustav!

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:11 am

I know the mods don't like threads about being back, but in this case, this should be an exception. Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated! I am alive and well! Here's what happened. On Saturday, we decided to take my computer in to a relative to remove some adware. Because Hurricane Gustav was imminent, we decided it best to evacuate as well. (We evacuated to my grandmother's house in Lafayette, which has no Internet access:(). This is why I've been gone for so long.
Now for the good news: we were LUCKY!!! Praise be to God! The storm only knocked some shingles off the roof and we sustained some water damage in the bedrooms and bathrooms. Not only that, but two days after we returned, power was completely restored.
As for the adware, it has yet to be removed. I am using a backup computer until we find out otherwise. It's slow, but better than nothing.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby RobinSena » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:22 am

I'm glad you're safe, and that your house is mostly fine.. =)

Have you tried using Lavasoft's Ad-aware?
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Holy Thomas Crapper... you really got hit hard (well, not so hard as it might've been, but still). Glad you're back and mostly dry. XD
USSRGirl

Return to General