Should I get Angelbites?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:42 pm

JesusFreak84 (post: 1256716) wrote:For what my "old fashioned" opinion is worth, I'd say skip the tats and the piercings. A) Costs money that could be put to better purpose, and B) It's going to look very poor to prospective employers, college admissions, and so on. I worked somewhere this summer where all such things had to be removed / covered with bandages, and those folks were constantly asked by guests why they were injured. You won't be 17 forever, and even by 25 you may well find yourself wondering, "Why the crud did I do this???"

*Prepares to be flayed and dumped wherever BobTheDuck's remains were put.*

well a lot of things cost money that you could use for a better purpose too. ]

B- i haven't heard of any colleges denying someone cause they had tattoos or piercings. ever. some jobs, yah- but there are also many jobs that don't care.

and i'm sorry, but i believe that there are many people out there who still love their tattoo and are older. actually, i read an article about how 45 year olds and older people are going out to get tattoos now cause they are more socially accepted.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:09 am

[quote="minakichan (post: 1256719)"]Haha, I'd love to get a tattoo but I'd want to change it every month. >_>]

Henna isn't a cheap temporary tattoo... It's more like dying your hair... It'll last a while, just not... forever. It's not like one of those things you spit on and rub into your skin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby AsianBlossom » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:22 pm

minakichan (post: 1256719) wrote:Old Lady 1: When I was young, I got a tattoo of a rose on my right breast!
Old Lady 2: Really?
Old Lady 1: Yeah, it's long-stemmed now.

O_O Excuse me...*goes off* *bursts out laughing* *comes back*

[quote]Haha, I'd love to get a tattoo but I'd want to change it every month. >_>]

Airbrush?
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Oh
I didn't know this was being debated =P lol

Hmm..
Well, this is my opinion on it:

I figure, the tattoo's I get, I'm getting, for sure, two half sleeves- one sleeve on the top half of my left arm, and one sleeve on the bottom half of my right- and they will be thought out and planned. I'm not getting them till I'm 19-20, so thats a couple years to plan.
I have a basic layout, and I add things to the plans when I start liking them. Like, I had a phase a few months ago where I was totally into the Vietnam war, so I added things like the revolution fist, and "i want you" uncle sam logo to my sleeve. I'm not so obsessed with it anymore, but it was a part of my life that influenced my political beliefs, and who I am now.
Thats not something I regret.
I figure that tattoo's just represent important parts of your life, and unless you get a tattoo of someones name, or a rash tattoo that wasn't planned, and was done by a terrible artist, then there would be no reason to regret it.

On the topic of how it'd affect my career choices- I plan on going into the arts anyway, and I wouldn't want to work for a place that doesn't encourage freedom of expression. My current employment, a university (i'm just a helper) doesn't have a problem with it- one of my supervisors has a monroe too (not so sure about tattoos, i figure people have them covered)

I don't see them as a "fad" , because they signify so much. Its like having a memory book on my arm.
I also plan on letting one of my friends, whose apprenticing to be a tattooist, practice on my leg, as its not that important to me anyway, and I know it would mean a lot to her.

Its just more then "ink on your body" to me.

=]

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:39 pm

i agree with you 100% there!
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Previous

Return to General