mah tattoo design

Talk about anything in here.

mah tattoo design

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:20 pm

So I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a good 3 years now. I'm still praying on it... but so far I haven't gotten a no. :p

The design has undergone many changes, but as of now, this is the one I like the most. I'm just curious to see what you guys think, design-wise?

I know placement is everything, so i was thinking of getting it right above my inner elbow, on my forearm. it wouldn't be very big, only like 3 inches tall I think.

example (drew this on my arm, its a bit bigger than i wanted, so shrink it down in your head):
But then I made a picture for my friend, cause he was going through a hard time, and i stumbled across a gooooorrgggeeous picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and so I drew it on his picture... and.. its so pretty. I've always loved the Sacred heart.... so I was thinking maybe this tattoo also. or in place of.
This is it:
maybe i'll throw some wings on it or something?
which do you like better?

but I'm open for critiques and comments on DESIGN/PLACEMENT ONLY.

I really don't care at all if you think TATUZ R SATANICZ LEWL or whatever. this isn't a debate thread. this is just design and placement thoughts.

If you have this horrible, aching, throbbing pain to prove that I'm wrong for getting a tattoo and you MUST tell me how bad of a christian I am, please PM me.
Don't do it here or I'll punch you in the face. And a mod will too. And then your post will get deleted. <3

KISSUS <3
love u bbs.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:25 pm

I think I like the first design the best! And to clarify: would it be going above your elbow closer to your shoulder, or towards your hand on your forearm? Anyways, I love the design a ton! Pictures whenever you get it!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:27 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1256093) wrote:I think I like the first design the best! And to clarify: would it be going above your elbow closer to your shoulder, or towards your hand on your forearm? Anyways, I love the design a ton! Pictures whenever you get it!

it would be at the end of my forearm, meaning the closest it can be next to my inner elbow, or where my arm bends in. but not the part of my arm that connects to my shoulder, the part that connects to my hand.

XD

does that make sense? lolol
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby sharien chan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:01 pm

I like the original too.
It's interesting to see the transformation from last November when we were discussing it at the retreat XD

I love this one right now the best.
sharien chan

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:13 pm

the one i just did or the one that was in carl's picture? XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:19 pm

OMGOSH, CHIBI that's really amazing. I'm with Corrie, I really like the first design the bestest...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:29 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1256100) wrote:OMGOSH, CHIBI that's really amazing. I'm with Corrie, I really like the first design the bestest...

thanks CK. 8D
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:33 pm

SO.. PRETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTY <33

I love the first one ^ ^ You should so go for it ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby soul alive » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:54 pm

I agree with the consensus, and like the first design best. Lovely design, Chibi. And yes, I'll also join in the demands to see the final product.

And because my mommy-complex won't let me finish this post otherwise, make sure to thoroughly research the tattoo parlor you're getting it from. Tats are cool, getting sick isn't. ^^; [/mommy-ness]
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:33 am

soul alive (post: 1256122) wrote:I agree with the consensus, and like the first design best. Lovely design, Chibi. And yes, I'll also join in the demands to see the final product.

And because my mommy-complex won't let me finish this post otherwise, make sure to thoroughly research the tattoo parlor you're getting it from. Tats are cool, getting sick isn't. ^^]

i totally agree. i'd rather find a christian tattoo parlor, cause i know they are out there... but i haven't really LOOKED looked yet.

but i definitely will look at their cleanliness and portfolios and such.
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby soul alive » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:44 am

:)
Good, good.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Sheenar » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:25 am

I love the first design the best also. What a good verse to choose --that verse always reminds me what I am here on Earth to do...

I also agree with Soul Alive --check out the tattoo parlor first. Ask to look inside--make sure they keep things very, very, sterile. They should have an autoclave for sterilizing tools and the needles should be individually wrapped in a sterile package --and never, ever reused.
One of my friends got a tat and she said the place she went to looked a lot like the inside of a hospital. There's also a local place here I've heard is good and clean.
So, um, will the tattoo hurt a lot? The idea of needles...*shudders*...but that's just me. I consider getting one off and on, but the needles mostly keep me from following through and creating a design...and the fact that it will be permanent, so I better choose a good design/message for it.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby sharien chan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:44 am

chibiphonebooth (post: 1256097) wrote:the one i just did or the one that was in carl's picture? XD

The non carl picture one. ^_^ That one you drew on your work pants...and your arm ^_^
sharien chan

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:24 am

At first I read "elbow" as "eyebrow" O_o
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:08 am

Sheenar (post: 1256144) wrote:I love the first design the best also. What a good verse to choose --that verse always reminds me what I am here on Earth to do...

I also agree with Soul Alive --check out the tattoo parlor first. Ask to look inside--make sure they keep things very, very, sterile. They should have an autoclave for sterilizing tools and the needles should be individually wrapped in a sterile package --and never, ever reused.
One of my friends got a tat and she said the place she went to looked a lot like the inside of a hospital. There's also a local place here I've heard is good and clean.
So, um, will the tattoo hurt a lot? The idea of needles...*shudders*...but that's just me. I consider getting one off and on, but the needles mostly keep me from following through and creating a design...and the fact that it will be permanent, so I better choose a good design/message for it.

XD yah i'm not going to lie, i am nervous about the pain. but apparently you kinda numb yourself to it if they do it for a while? XD
i dunno. there's really no easy way to do it, you just have to go through it and then you get this beautiful piece of art after.
(that's kinda symbolic to me XD )

At first I read "elbow" as "eyebrow" O_o

no you read right, i am getting it on my eyebrow. :P
XDDD

just keeeding
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby LadyRushia » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:12 am

I like the first design the best, Savannahface. Getting it on your eyebrow will be the most hardcore thing ever, lulz.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:14 am

i am so HXC
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:25 am

Hmm, I say go for it. I think the location is good too.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:29 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1256171) wrote:Hmm, I say go for it. I think the location is good too.

yah, out of all the locations i played with, that one is my favorite. cause it's still somewhere where i can see it, and it means a lot to me so i want to be able to see it well. i like it there too cause its somewhat of an awkward spot, so it would be harder for people to see it, as opposed to getting it on my upper arm or my chest or something. XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:14 am

For a girl, I think a place more subtle is best.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1256176) wrote:For a girl, I think a place more subtle is best.

What kind of work do you want to do? Some occupations require workers to cover tattoos, so it might be an issue. Of course, you could always just ask at the interview.

I love the classic feel to the design, and that is a powerful set of verses. Just some reminders for you, in case you didn't come across them.

1.) Ink blurs with time, so remember to anticipate that.
2.) Color fades, you may need to get it re-inked.
3.) Account for healing time, and some people I know tell me the tattoo can get itchy than. XD
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:35 pm

I have a question: this may seem kind of obvious, but what exactly is your motive behind getting the tattoo?
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:16 pm

AsianBlossom (post: 1256328) wrote:I have a question: this may seem kind of obvious, but what exactly is your motive behind getting the tattoo?

My motive?

Each section of of my design means a lot to me and speaks to me in many ways. It is going to be reminder to me for when I go through other hard times.

Just like how some people have a picture in their room or a favorite movie or whatever, this one i want on me and with me as a reminder that I can get through hard times and what God means to me. When I was in England, people prayed over me many times and got that verse for me. XD

so that verse is kinda like 'my verse.'
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:34 pm

Ah, I see. I mean, the design is nice, and like you said, it carries a lot of meaning for you, but does it absolutely HAVE to be a tattoo?
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Stephen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:16 pm

I offered to do the design for her in crayon...but she shot me down.

I have a question: this may seem kind of obvious, but what exactly is your motive behind getting the tattoo?

I once heard Savannah say she wanted a tattoo as part of her devil worship.
Stephen

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:10 pm

AsianBlossom (post: 1256378) wrote:Ah, I see. I mean, the design is nice, and like you said, it carries a lot of meaning for you, but does it absolutely HAVE to be a tattoo?

Yes.

I offered to do the design for her in crayon...but she shot me down.

Quote:

I once heard Savannah say she wanted a tattoo as part of her devil worship.

its true. my tattoo is my subtle way of secretly being a devil worshiper.
XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:13 pm

Golly gee willikers, Savannah, we hardly knew ye!
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:14 pm

oh yah, I forgot to tell everyone.

SURPRISE!
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:18 pm

chibiphonebooth wrote:I really don't care at all if you think TATUZ R SATANICZ LEWL or whatever. this isn't a debate thread. this is just design and placement thoughts.

If you have this horrible, aching, throbbing pain to prove that I'm wrong for getting a tattoo and you MUST tell me how bad of a christian I am, please PM me.
Don't do it here or I'll punch you in the face. And a mod will too. And then your post will get deleted. <3

Quoted for emphasis. Srsly.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:51 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1256398) wrote:
chibiphonebooth wrote:I really don't care at all if you think TATUZ R SATANICZ LEWL or whatever. this isn't a debate thread. this is just design and placement thoughts.

Quoted for emphasis. Srsly.

Quoted for DOUBLE emphasis! We mean it! Any more comments like that not taken to PM, and...

Seriously though. Just don't. And if you must reply to this post, PM me. This thread is about the design and its location and nothing else. Thanks. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Next

Return to General