My own place.

Talk about anything in here.

My own place.

Postby For_Him » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Well, I've officially moved from under the roof of my parents into my own abode.
A lot of things have happened this year: Destry(Cowboy.4.Christ) got married, Caleb(Sparx00) went to Tijuana, Mexico for a mission trip, and I myself got a great job at Wal-Mart and my own apartment that has free cable! Also the landlord go to the same church I do, so thats a +!
God has been good.
Brother of Sparx00.

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: BCMac87

[SIZE="4"]My YouTube Channel[/SIZE]
For_Him

Postby Bunny » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:30 pm

I just moved into my own apartment too! It's exciting, isn't it?
My only issue is figuring out how to cook with an electric oven and stainless steel pots and pans.
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby termyt » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:04 pm

Congratulations. It's a huge move - very different being out on your own, eh?

How are you eating? ;)
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby For_Him » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:35 pm

My mother taught me about the usage of an electric oven and pots and pans.(Note: Don't leave a pot or kettle on an active burner without water. My little bro did that when making Top Ramen and it totally burnt out the bottom of the pot.) I've been surviving on Hot Pockets, Chimichangas, grilled cheese, hot dogs, PB n J, and the occasional Wal-Mart u-bake pizzas.
Brother of Sparx00.

For_Him

Postby termyt » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:54 am

Heh. Your skills in the kitchen appear to be very close to mine, although I can also make Poached Eggs. Pancakes and hamburgers are very easy - being able to make toasted cheese shows you can make either of them.

You may be amazed what you can do (and how easy it is to do it) with Bisquick.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Sheenar » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Buy the Fannie Farmer Cookbook.

It helped me and my old roommate tremendously when we lived in the apartment. It covers everything from how to cook rice to how to boil eggs to a lot of other stuff. It is easy to understand and the recipes/instructions are simple to follow.

It'll probably help you out --you know, so you can make home-cooked meals simple and easy.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Saj » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:54 am

For_Him (post: 1253929) wrote: Caleb(Sparx00) went to Tijuana, Mexico for a mission trip

Wait wait wait... you know someone who went to Tijuana!?!?! i was there as well this summer... Was the trip with Global expeditions? July 26 - August 2nd?
" ...to walk on water."

" In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggars's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion. " -- Donald Miller on Grace

Never going to let you down.
Saj

Postby For_Him » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:45 pm

Saj (post: 1255252) wrote:Wait wait wait... you know someone who went to Tijuana!?!?! i was there as well this summer... Was the trip with Global expeditions? July 26 - August 2nd?

Yeah. It was my brother who went down there, and yes it was Global Expeditions. No doubt that it was 07/26 - 08/02. He goes with Church of the Nazarene in Colville, Wa. The same church I go to.
Brother of Sparx00.

For_Him

Postby That Dude » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:36 pm

That's cool that you got your own place. I've got a trailer to myself now, it's neat. I've been moved out for over a year now but this is my first place that I've had to myself.

As far as cooking, well, I've always been good at it. (I even thought about going to culinary school for a while.) Though only problem is having the money and actually taking the time to cook something nice.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Return to General