A good, reliable tailor?

Talk about anything in here.

A good, reliable tailor?

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:27 pm

Has anyone ever used a dry cleaning company or any place that would have a very reliable, good quality tailor? I'm looking to buy some higher quality athletic clothes. However, I'm not the tallest guy, so I'm in a sort of in-between size. I would need the clothes tailored to fit me, but these clothes are between 30 and 60 dolars, so I don't want to risk them getting messed up by a less than reliable tailor. Any suggestions?
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:33 pm

A dry cleaner? Most of them do alterations.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:40 pm

Maybe I should rephrase it - does anyone know of anywhere I might can get something tailor made to fit? Like a sports jacket?
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby LittleShepherd » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:34 am

Destroyer2000 (post: 1255040) wrote:Maybe I should rephrase it - does anyone know of anywhere I might can get something tailor made to fit? Like a sports jacket?

If you have the option, the place you buy your clothes is best. Those specialty menswear stores will do the works -- measure you and do any necessary alterations to make sure whatever you buy fits. A number of other stores(like JCPenny) offers . . . or used to(haven't been there in years) alterations. I don't remember if they charged, but there was a wait. And it should be really easy to find tailors in your area. A google or yellow pages online search for your area should turn up plenty of businesses w/ the keywords "alterations" or "tailor." Heck, a lot of them have one of those words in their name!
"I wish I could prove I love you, but does that mean I have to walk on water?" - Hikaru Utada, Simple and Clean
LittleShepherd

Return to General