What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Elycien » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Just saw Wall-E again with my dad. ^___^ It was fun seeing it after reading all the discussion about it online, but my own opinion hasn't changed a bit. <333 One of my favorite Pixar films now, I think.

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:06 am

Watched mirrors last night. Pretty typical j-horror remake
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Stephen » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:43 pm

Watched Apocolypse Now today. And saw The Dark Knight in the theater with my father. That makes 2 viewings for me now lol. Annnd I am going with some coworkers tomorrow.
Stephen

Postby Sheenar » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:01 am

Watched Miss Congeniality and Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous.

The first movie is still definitely my favorite of the two, but the second had its moments (her stylist is hilarious) and Gracie Hart still beats people up. :lol:
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:30 pm

Yesterday I watched "Sanjuro" which was a great samurai movie, and "My Name is Nobody", which is a great cowboy movie.....I love the scene where Terrence Hill slaps that guy.....then he uses the slapping machine to beat the snot out of those guys....hilarious.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:05 pm

The Mask of Zorro
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:40 am

Tonight I watched Stephen King's The Mist and George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead.
GhostontheNet

Postby yukoxholic » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:47 am

Shinobi
yukoxholic

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:34 pm

Tonight I watched The Orphanage.
GhostontheNet

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:33 am

The Spanish horror/drama? Was it good?
(I want to see it)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby RobinSena » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:02 am

Watched HP and the Order of the Phoenix last night. As enjoyable as it was, I hate when stuff is changed/cut from the book. >.>
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby everdred12a » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:52 pm

Lord of War.

everdred12a

Postby eternalprincess » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:03 pm

Timecop

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Yesterday I watched Akira Kurosawa's "The Hidden Fortress", and today I watched "Samurai X: The Motion Picture", along with "Reflection".
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:54 pm

saw Bucket List yesterday night.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:14 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1254852) wrote:The Spanish horror/drama? Was it good?
(I want to see it)
Yes, I really enjoyed it. I found it interesting, however, that for a director so skilled at otherworldly visuals, so many of the ghost effects are done by analog and even old-school means. Nevertheless, del Torro pulls these effects off brilliantly for a very haunting effect.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, tonight I watched The Grudge Director's Cut, The Cure - Trilogy, and David Bowie - A Reality Tour.
GhostontheNet

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:31 pm

Okay, I'll have to rent The Orphanage when it comes to DVD (in Australia).
Thanks mate
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:21 pm

My friend just loaned me the Terminator trilogy of which I am watching for the first time in my life. *gasp* *shock*
Azier the Swordsman

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:22 am

Last night I watched Batman Begins.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:14 pm

I just finished watching The Matrix.
GhostontheNet

Postby Sheenar » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:51 am

I watched The Shawshank Redemption last night.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ST. Attidude » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:46 am

Friday night, I saw Spider Man 3.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Danderson » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:26 pm

Just watched 10,000 B.C........Let's just say as long as you don't take this too seriously it's quite fun to watch.....Painful, sometimes (in the sense of plotholes and dialogue), but still a good "popcorn action flick...."
Danderson

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:50 pm

Today I watched Ghost In The Shell.
GhostontheNet

Postby Kurama » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:36 pm

Watched Star Wars Episode I Two days ago.

Beowulf Yesterday...

Hellboy II this weekend.

Yep. xD
Kurama

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:28 am

Last night I watched Flesh and Blood: The Hammer Heritage of Horror.
GhostontheNet

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:09 pm

I watched disc one of The Animation Show with an Illustrator club I'm in on campus; part two happens tonight! It's simultaneously some of the most bizarre and depressing yet interesting and often hilarious stuff that I have ever seen in my life. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:56 pm

Tonight I watched Wit, to which all I can say is: "wow".
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:11 am

Tonight I watched Shaun of the Dead and Unleashed.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:53 am

I last watched The Swan Princess (my childhood is complete!) and Blade Runner. What a contrast! I didn't really like Blade Runner much, though I've discovered that I might have liked it a bit better if I'd watched the theatrical version rather than the director's cut. It just didn't interest me that much, and had too much questionable content.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment