GED/HSD online

Talk about anything in here.

GED/HSD online

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:03 am

So I need my high school diploma or GED. And I now there are ways of getting it online, such as through here: http://www.belfordhighschool.com/school/ged.asp?source=Adwords&kw=ged%20online&amd=1&seg=1&cagn=239787352

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about who to go through? How much it should cost, etc...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Midori » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:58 am

I've been getting my diploma from Clonlara. They still require you take classes, though. But you can take the classes at a community college (where you can actually, you know, learn stuff), and get high school credit for it. And college credit at the same time.
Midori

Postby EricTheFred » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:25 pm

My son is getting several of his high school credits through the Texas Tech University distance learning department. He couldn't fit all of his IB requirements in and keep his performing arts program (he's planning on getting a musical performance degree) without cramming an extra half a year into his four years of HS.

They operate a legitimate Texas Education Agency accredited school district, K-12 offered and diplomas earned. They claim their graduates stay well above national average SAT and ACT scores. It ain't cheap, but not unreasonably expensive either.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:05 pm

I was home schooled through high school. So all I need is that dang piece of paper. And my geographical location makes things difficult; that's why I'm relying on the internet (and because my situation right now is really difficult, but I won't get into that).
Shao Feng-Li

Postby EricTheFred » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:21 pm

[quote="Shao Feng-Li (post: 1254600)"]I was home schooled through high school. So all I need is that dang piece of paper. And my geographical location makes things difficult]

Search the website I linked above for 'Credit by Examination' (C.B.E.). That may be what you need to look for (this is where you get the course credits if you pass tests in the subjects. Then you would fill in with online courses for anything you still need.) They are doing this across Internet and by mail.

You can also look into taking the GED, of course, but I don't think there's an online option for that. I'm pretty sure you'll have to travel to take the actual test.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:35 pm

Hmm... maybe this is all more involved than I thought...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:36 am

I was homeschooled, and this is the course I used.

Of course, the website is under new management now so I can't say for sure the materials will be the exact same as the ones I used, but it was good all the same.

Or just use on of the myriad of places online where you can get your HSD simply by taking a roughly one hour test on general High School subjects. If you are confident about your general knowledge, it can be a quick and easy way of doing it. (Though it will probably still cost you.)
Azier the Swordsman

Return to General