Should I get Angelbites?

Talk about anything in here.

Should I get Angelbites?

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:28 pm

So ya, I've been wanting more piercings, and for the last couple weeks I'm thinking I might want angelbites.

What do you all think?

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:29 pm

. . . and "angelbites" are what exactly?

EDIT: Never mind, I looked them up. I think they, frankly, look terrible. I wouldn't do it, and I've entertained getting an ear pierced in the back of my head for some time (I doubt I will, but . . .), so don't think I'm anti-piercing. I just object to angelbites from an aesthetic point of view.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:45 pm

I think they're kind of creepy. o_o
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:50 pm

As one of the minorities on the site that like piercings on girls, I have to say that angelbites really aren't all that attractive. It's subjective, though. So if you'd enjoy them, go for it.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Well, its either that or a medusa.
I think their hot, just cos I've wanted a monroe forever and angelbites would be... two monroes?
I dunt know, its either angelbites or a medusa so =p

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:04 am

Don't get them. I love piercings on girls and those look pretty bad, to be totally honest. If they were on the bottom lip maybe, but the top lip looks like ... a weird mustache thing. I don't even like them on guys, aesthetically speaking.

EDIT: I just realized that that came across a little harsh. Some people can pull these off well, but I find them to be few and far between, and thus my negative statements. It is a piercing I don't favor, just as I don't favor piercing the septum. I have a friend with a septum piercing. She loves it, I don't particularly like it. I'm still friends with her though.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Debitt » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:17 am

Generally I'm open to, and like the look of a lot of piercings. But anything above the lip (monroes, medusas, etc.) or on the tongue makes me shudder, to be honest. Not attractive to me at all. o_O Also, if I remember correctly, those are pretty infection-prone? But if you're able to put in the work to keep it clean, and like the look, then I don't see why not.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:29 am

=\
This is not positive feedback at all!

I would never get snakebites, just cos their SO overdone, and I mean, I had them like, 2 years ago and took them out before they got scene.
Any bottom lips piercings are out of the question.

=\
I want facial piercings! Monroes are so... classy... and medusa is so...
meh.
Maybe I'll just get everything =P

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:14 am

Heehee, it kinda reminded me of a weird mustache as well.. XD;

I do believe that some people can really pull the look off, though ^^ I don't think I would be one of them, but if you're not sure.. Maybe try stickers there? To see how they look in that particular spot :)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:31 am

xblack_x_rosesx (post: 1253816) wrote:=\
This is not positive feedback at all!

I would never get snakebites, just cos their SO overdone, and I mean, I had them like, 2 years ago and took them out before they got scene.
Any bottom lips piercings are out of the question.

=\
I want facial piercings! Monroes are so... classy... and medusa is so...
meh.
Maybe I'll just get everything =P

Or you could just be happy with what you have . . .

Sounds like you're just trying to find people who will say "Do it" to me.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:26 am

Sounds like you're just trying to find people who will say "Do it" to me.

Reassurance is nice, yes.

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:39 am

If reassurance is what you are looking for, perhaps you've already made up your mind, and so why are you even asking us for our opinion?

I think the piercing looks a bit odd, myself...although the monroe piercing looks a bit better. The angelbite looks a bit...goofy... as does the medusa... O_o
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:00 am

No, just, no.
Black rose you look beautiful without them. Why mess up your face?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:03 am

I've seen a few, on guys and girls. Just. No. It'd be a determent to you. And no bull nose rings either. They often look like snot bubbles.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Dante » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:07 am

Nope definitely not.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:25 am

Ya, on second thought, I'm thinking I don't want them that badly anyway.

I should be saving up (I'm getting a half sleeve) for my tattoos anyway, and I have a pretty [delicate?] face so I don't know if its a good idea to scar it all up =\

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:29 am

I'm aware that I'm way too old to be able to contribute to this with anything like a current generation aesthetic, but... here's my read.

I've only seen a few piercings that actually looked good on a woman. Even the ears become unattractive when overloaded (three or four seems about the limit for me.)

The stud in the side of the nose (not down in the nostril) is very attractive. Once or twice I have seen single piercings in the lip that weren't bad, but most aren't attractive at all. Same deal with the eyebrow.

That's about it. Anything else has a random, cluttered look to it. The problem is, the face has so much detail already, adding to it is overload almost by definition. I suspect that's the reason most tattoos are elsewhere on the body, frankly.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:35 am

=P
I guess the crowd I hang with is pretty littered with metal on their face. My boyfriend has had snakebites three times over, twice of which he pierced himself, and an eyebrow ring previously, and has stretched ears. My bff has lips rings and stretched ears, my other bff has double snakebites, and other friend has a monroe, a medusa, septum, and snakebites... I've had snakebites, and I have stretched ears...

Lol, I didn't think it was at all peculiar or unattractive to have facial piercings o.o I just thought angelbites were a rare piercing.

Thanks for yall's input anyways ^^

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:31 pm

My advice would be to take it easy, especially on your face. And your only 17. You might hate this stuff in ten years.

Tattoos are cooler anyway :D
Shao Feng-Li

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:39 pm

black rose, i totally know how you feel. i have my nose pierced, three piercings in each ear, and i'm gauging my first holes to a 2. XD

they are at a 6 now.

i really want snake bites. so i knooow how you feel. i loove peircings and tattoos. i think they are awesome. but for some reason i've never been fond of angel bites. i like snake bites though! XD

get those. so what if they are 'scene.' if you like them, you like them.
i say the best thing for you to do is get a picture of your face, and photoshop angel bites onto it. you would be surprised. one reason i have not gotten snake bites yet is cause i photoshopped them onto me and they don't look that great. XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby RobinSena » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:49 am

First off, I'm all for piercings. I have 2 in my left ear, 1 in my right, and I'm considering stretching the right one. However, upper-lip piercings aren't really that attractive.

Tattoos, on the other hand(or arm XD), are awesome. Very much so. So go for tattoos. :D
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby AsianBlossom » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:06 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1253850) wrote:And no bull nose rings either. They often look like snot bubbles.

QFL (Quoted For Lulz) XDDDDD

I'd express my opinion on tattoos and excessive piercings, but it might start an argument and lock the thread. Though I thought there was something Biblical on the matter...

Personally, if I were going for a new look, I'd color my hair...maybe temporary purple highlights or something...
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby RobinSena » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:14 am

AsianBlossom (post: 1254087) wrote:I'd express my opinion on tattoos and excessive piercings, but it might start an argument and lock the thread. Though I thought there was something Biblical on the matter...

The same part that says not to trim your beard, cut the hair on the sides of your head, or eat rare steak. ;)

But I agree, let's not start an argument and kill the thread.. =)
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby AsianBlossom » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:26 am

[quote="ChurchPunk (post: 1254088)"]The same part that says not to trim your beard, cut the hair on the sides of your head, or eat rare steak. ]

And something I read on a list of sins that was compiled by a priest, but yeah...no argument necessary. But we should still see our bodies as temples of the Holy Spirit, I think...how's that for a pleasant thought? :)

But seriously, I can't understand why people want to pierce things like their tongues. Isn't it uncomfortable? Don't they worry about swallowing the piercing? What about food crud? Isn't it kind of weird to clean stuff out of a hole in your tongue? *shudders*

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:28 am

If any cleaning needs to be done at all, mouthwash usually does the trick. I don't have one myself but a friend of mine just got one. Usually the stud doesn't come out because the tongue heals very quickly. It could be completely sealed inside of thirty minutes.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby AsianBlossom » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:31 am

But still, the thought is like, yeouch...o_o

AsianBlossom

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:05 pm

Actually, I'm told the pain level is very low. The area that is getting pierced has very little in the way of muscle. You could actually slice it most of the way half down and still be healthy.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:14 pm

I personally just don't get what the point of a tongue piercing is, other than things that can't be discussed on these forums. O_o
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:19 pm

Yeah well, I'm with you on that one.
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Ditto :\
Shao Feng-Li

Next

Return to General